Surrounded by fear

aaronfransen

Jedi Master
Sorry for this, it's just a bit of a rant on our modern way of life.

My doctor says I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol, and should take drugs.

The economy is about to collapse. Again.

The NSA reads all of my Internet passages about subversion (ie. this web site!).

The US wants to go to war with China.

The US wants to go to war with Syria, never mind Iran.

We kill innocent adults and children with robots, from a comfortable distance, then wonder why terrorist organizations are such successful recruiters.

Our water is being poisoned with fluoride, and we're told it's good for us.

We're told to eat all the wheat we want, because its good for us.

Don't eat meat, we're killing the planet and its inhumane.

Give up your car and drive that electric car...the one connected to a coal fired plant by wires.

Worry about cabon dioxide (natural), but not plastic (unnatural).

Your investments will never make you enough money to be comfortable, and if they happen to, someone will come along and steal it from you. And never spend a day in jail.

You will never be able to save enough money.

The banks can steal legally and never give anything back.

Companies like Monsanto act with impunity, and we are considered terrorists for seeking the truth.

And the end result of this is a society on the literal brink, and it's clear that's the way the PTB want it. Anxiety runs rampant (probably taken a decade off my life!).

It's enough to drive a person up the proverbial wall. I am one of those folks that believes that there is no such thing as coincidence. Is too convenient. And all of the above convinces me more than ever that the Wizard exists and is pulling strings we can barely imagine.

Laura (and everyone else too!), thank you for doing what you do. It is a measure of hope in a literally insane world.

Yes, yes, yes and yes, so why do you posted that in New age Cointelpro :huh:

as for your post, I can only totally agree. You're not alone.

You wrote:

The NSA reads all of my Internet passages about subversion (ie. this web site!).

Ummm... this site is the last thing from "subversion". Why do you think we are subversive?

Lost Spirit what helps me is the realization that every generation to a greater or lesser extent has had it crises, problems, corruption, etc., etc. Things are bad now, but its been bad before and will probably be bad again. I realize that these are just the times we live in and have to play the cards we are dealt, just as everybody else did in human history. For me this realization shifts a focus towards 'understanding' and away from 'worrying'. Don't get me wrong, I still worry about stuff, but this realization helps me deal with it.

And as far as the NSA goes, they've been doing this for some time. Seriously, there is not enough manpower for them to harass/enforce whatever to the hundreds of millions of Americans who speak their minds about the powers that be. Look at it like this. Imagine a police officer in a city, and the city has a law against spitting on the sidewalk. If the police officer sees a few people spitting, he might issue a citation, but if everyone is doing it, he is not going to even attempt to issue citations to them all. It would be a completely wasted effort. I wouldn't worry about the NSA. They've been doing this for awhile and there is no way they are going after hundreds of millions of Americans for speaking their minds and dissatisfaction. Their goal is probably self-censorship anyway.

The world is a mess, and it is doomed. That is why is so important to care of ourselves in some ways: to eat correctly, no gluten, etc. To have a good network like this one. To read and learn. To be in the best shape, mentally and physically. Some days I am really depress and it is normal: I feel the sufferance of this planet and also the non-sense. And I see how all the psychopaths are ruling this planet. So: taking care of myself with a Paleo diet or keto, learn about nutrition, health, psychology, etc. is the only way to be saved. There is no other way, in my opinion. But yes, this planet is a big, big mess.

Lost Spirit said:

I often wonder when people worry about this. Do you really imagine that the NSA, or any agency for that matter, watches everything you do on the internet? Consider the amount of internet traffic generated on a daily basis. Then think about the practicalities of monitoring it all. Doesn't fit, really, does it?

It seems to be a school that operates using the "sink or swim" method of teaching. I think that our situation, grim as it appears, is far more about learning than about real, lasting danger, though I wouldn't rule out the latter for anyone that doesn't take the lessons seriously.

ec1968 said:
Lost Spirit said:

I often wonder when people worry about this. Do you really imagine that the NSA, or any agency for that matter, watches everything you do on the internet? Consider the amount of internet traffic generated on a daily basis. Then think about the practicalities of monitoring it all. Doesn't fit, really, does it?

It also leads to self-censorship. We do the NSA's work for them, or we do the work the NSA wishes it could do.

I think the issue with the NSA collecting all this information is not so much that they are monitoring it, but they are storing it to use against you in the future if they need to.

Lost Spirit said:
I think the issue with the NSA collecting all this information is not so much that they are monitoring it, but they are storing it to use against you in the future if they need to.

They don't even need to do that. Merely collecting it means errors will be made -- accidentally/deliberately who knows? Those errors alone can get you. But so what? Go silent? Disappear? That might be flagged too. I prefer to just go on with my life.

Lost Spirit said:

I think even this is kind of a megalomaniac pipe dream. And we know that if they want to get you they don't need real info, they can just fabricate it. Or just suicide you in a remote car hack :rolleyes:

Nienna is spot on, it's just another layer of fear to keep people from knowing their potential. It makes the security state seem like a bigger, scarier enemy than it really is.

Lost Spirit said:
Sorry for this, it's just a bit of a rant on our modern way of life.

My doctor says I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol, and should take drugs.

The economy is about to collapse. Again.

The US wants to go to war with China.

The US wants to go to war with Syria, never mind Iran.

We kill innocent adults and children with robots, from a comfortable distance, then wonder why terrorist organizations are such successful recruiters.

Our water is being poisoned with fluoride, and we're told it's good for us.

We're told to eat all the wheat we want, because its good for us.

Don't eat meat, we're killing the planet and its inhumane.

Give up your car and drive that electric car...the one connected to a coal fired plant by wires.

Worry about cabon dioxide (natural), but not plastic (unnatural).

Your investments will never make you enough money to be comfortable, and if they happen to, someone will come along and steal it from you. And never spend a day in jail.

You will never be able to save enough money.

The banks can steal legally and never give anything back.

Companies like Monsanto act with impunity, and we are considered terrorists for seeking the truth.

And the end result of this is a society on the literal brink, and it's clear that's the way the PTB want it. Anxiety runs rampant (probably taken a decade off my life!).

It's enough to drive a person up the proverbial wall. I am one of those folks that believes that there is no such thing as coincidence. Is too convenient. And all of the above convinces me more than ever that the Wizard exists and is pulling strings we can barely imagine.

Laura (and everyone else too!), thank you for doing what you do. It is a measure of hope in a literally insane world.

So we have nothing to lose seeking inner and outer truth, standing in that truth and standing up with it too, treating others with the kind of respect and kindness we'd want for ourselves, and living our lives as if we were free? Nothing to lose but a hell of a lot to gain I'd say.

Very true. I've certainly always tried to live by the ethic of reciprocity ("due unto others" and all that).

That said, the PTB are certainly trying to make it difficult to experience life without anxiety. It's a struggle, but part of the journey.

Lost Spirit,

Maybe you could try to focus on those things you can directly do something about, such as looking into ways you can improve your health and reduce your stress level. You can learn a lot about these health issues mentioned in your post and possible ways to improve them, right here on the forum.
These are positives, imo, and if you can make some progress with those issues, your outlook might improve as well.
Yeah, the world 'situation' does seem grim, but it's important to be able to confront what's happening and keep a grip on ourselves while doing so.

It's important, imo, not to allow yourself to lose hope, even when the world seems at its darkest.
And I do think that when we work on changing and improving ourselves, and continue to learn, acquire new skills, push ourselves to keep moving through difficult situations/circumstances/conditions, we're better equipped to interact with others, who are also swimming in this huge mess right along with us.

It's more useful, imo, to focus on what you can do and then do it, rather than allow yourself to become overwhelmed with how dismal and daunting things appear to be in the global picture.
I don't say this lightly, and often have to remind myself not to lose hope.
But I think holding onto hope is just as important as reading, research and application of the concepts studied here on this forum.

The future still holds plenty of possibilities and if we all strive to work with what we have ( and we have a wealth of information here to assist us) to become the best people we can be, then in my view, we will, one by one, change something about this world for the better.

As they say, and I concur, 'Don't drop the Hope' - or your sense of humor, for that matter.
It's easier to strike a balance with your feet on the ground than it is trying to constantly climb the walls.
Don't allow fear to consume and paralyze you. Don't give 'them' that.

My two cents....:-)

Back
Top Bottom