Surviving Death

trytofly

Jedi Master
The six-part documentary series "Surviving Death" was recently released on Netflix.
It is an interesting addition to Leslie Kean's book. It is based on her book, and she is a consulting producer.

The series is absolutely not sufficient in itself in my opinion. I have also seen several negative reviews about it. Which is not surprising from the skeptics in our materialistic world.
It is true that the book is much more convincing.

But in addition to the book, it allows us to take a more "concrete" look at the paranormal. Like, among other things, to have a better idea of the emotions aroused by the people involved. Whether they are witnesses to certain demonstrations, people looking for answers to their missing loved ones, or families confronted with the presupposed reincarnation of one of their member.

"What happens after we die? This docuseries explores personal stories and research on near-death experiences, reincarnation and paranormal phenomena."

1. Near-Death Experiences
51m
A doctor is found lifeless after going over a waterfall. Now she and others share their near-death experiences. Does consciousness expand after death?

2. Mediums Part 1
58m
Poised between life and death, mediums promise a chance to commune with the departed. Can seekers cultivate that ability and find solace and healing?

3. Mediums Part 2
50m
A medium leads a séance, deeply moving a student. Plaster casts of "spirit" hands — physical manifestations of the dead — are explored.

4. Signs from the Dead
49m
A bird, a dancing light or a caress: Signs and messages from the dead happen all the time, mediums say. So the grieving look for ways to communicate.

5. Seeing Dead People
53m
Can consciousness survive a body's demise? An investigator records eerie sounds at a historic spot, and a doctor discusses encounters with the dying.

6. Reincarnation
52m
Vivid details and unshakable confidence — from a 5-year-old. A child psychiatrist studies cases of past-life memories, which occur around the world.

Thanks trytofly. I'll watch out for this.

Always interesting to see how the materialist just have to get that old spoke in the wheel...

...extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence

Which is actually a baseless gatekeeper concept. Science is not determined by volume of agreement but by its quality (i.e. a verifiable, repeatable, consistent signal from whatever source or scale the noise might be). And of course the baseline agenda has been preset (or rather appropriated) by those who have predefined as a given the eminently flawed hypothesis that the universe is materially based, that life is just the noise it makes as it goes around and that all products emerging from it - such as supposed consciousness - merely a further byproduct of the gears in motion and not to be taken as indicative of anything else being present. Thus the hubris of demanding extraordinary evidence whilst they cannot provide even a single shred of supporting data for their non-scientific, negative hypothesis that life or consciousness doesn't and cannot continue after death. You cannot disprove a negative hypothesis and especially one that only exists in the first place as a result of actively suppressing and willfully ignoring/defaming the enormous wealth of evidence existing to the contrary, and accumulated throughout human history (especially and increasingly today).

Sounds like COVID...

I just watched the series and really enjoyed it. It seems that something like this even a few years ago would not be considered by Netflix. Perhaps "the other side" is preparing the many to be transitioning to 5th density in a big way during the upcoming turmoil.

I saw the first episode yesterday and enjoyed it. I am curious what will happen next, for now, I recommend it.

Generally, most of the content on Netflix is pipsqueak for the distraction and programming of the people, though Netflix can surprise positively at times - probably also for business reasons to attract customers of my kind, but less here. Anyway, this series starts well and I'll probably watch the next episode.

From what is on Netflix, I recommend the Haunted series (2019), it is part documentary (so Netflix maintains) and part film production that tries to show the events that witnesses are talking about; I assume, they are a bit exaggerated to be more cinematic, although it still seems quite interesting to me.

I watched the first 3 episodes of the series and was feeling very sad watching all those poor people, lost and hurt, each of them feeling a great loss of his/her beloved and wanted to communicate with them and find some meaning of their loss.
It got me very angry actually; it is a sad realization how death is a taboo topic and exactly as Laura said in her K&B video - people don´t know how to die.
This series and people's testimonies is a sad reality of Laura´s words.

First episode was really good - about NDE.
People said that it made them evaluate and change their life. I think it was pretty well filmed and if I were a non-believer, it could really give you stuff to think about.

Second and third episodes were about mediums.
Well, those episodes felt sad and then felt fake and creepy.
Years ago, when I was a teenager, I came across the medium theme, but I haven't explored the topic - I don´t know; it felt iffy, weird and scary.
Then, years later, I´ve read The Wave, watched Laura´s videos, forum, etc... Now watching these Medium episodes, brought a whole new light to the topic.

The center story in those two episodes is about a Medium-something school in the Netherlands - basically how to become a medium yourself. This whole „school“ felt creepy and like some messy business was going on there.

They've kept romanticizing about how spirits are around us and want to help us - if we allow them to. Also, this physical medium woman was explaining how each of the mediums in the sessions give energy to the spirits so that the spirits can help them. Oh, well...
I don’t know; that whole place felt like an STS feeding facility.

Also, I don't get that if a person is a medium, that person must know about i.e. NDEs where all people witness the feeling of going home and leaving this Earth plane. So, if you are a medium who can talk to dead people, why would you keep those spirits on Earth and not help them go to this other plane - to go home? I mean, it sounds like a selfish business but, I hope, it´s more on the scale of ignorance than selfishness. In any case, the damage is the same.

The most creepy part was when "the spirits" started to speak through mediums and then the whole besotted audience cheered and laughed; was that real or fake I don’t care at his point - all that felt creepy and somehow off.
I fast forward to the end of the session and listened to people´s reactions - so sad. Those people who were interviewed were so obviously in deep grief, so lost that they cling to every piece of anything just to overcome the gap in their souls - it was so sad to watch.

Anyway, I kind of get the picture around mediums - I can see them as channels of sorts (if they are real).
But physical mediums with this ectoplasm going out - to me, that's completely off.
How some manifestations like that can be good for the person's health or in any way beneficial for a person's spirit - I cannot wrap my head about it.
To me, it smells like heavy STS business. Why would a STO being manifest itself in such a way plus to hurt a person! The woman in the show showed her burning marks and also said that can kill you! Plus, a tiny bit of light ruins it all. Weird!
As I said, to me this whole business is totally creepy.

All in all, those two episodes left me completely sad, witnessing those poor lost people, who just want to know that their father/mother/son/daughter/… is still there, going through all of this search, believing "the spirit of little Tommy" whatever it tells them... It felt so sad and I just wanted those episodes to finally end.
And, yeah, the session with "spirits" of little Tommy, Freda and co. - for god sake! If that wasn’t fake then I‘m worried for these people.

What more to say…
I have 3 more episodes to watch, hopefully they´ll be better....

Since I caught covid, AGAIN, and I wasn't capable of anything except lying down and staring at something, like TV screen, I decided to watch this documentary series.

My overall impression is very good and I would recommend it to everyone who has a fear of death, who lost someone or is having someone seriously sick and knows that person will be gone very soon.

The series gives hope and speculates that there is something after death after all, the death is not the end.

I liked the most "Seeing Dead People" because of my own experience that I had with my dear grandmother.

The day she passed away, she was in delirium (the day before she was still sharp in the head and was talking normally). When my father, her son, was sitting next to her on the bed, she didn't see him, she saw her dead brother. My father was annoyed and probably hurt by that, he grabbed her shoulders firmly and said "It's not your brother, it's your son!", but she still didn't recognize him, she saw her dead brother.

A few hours later, when I was alone with her and was sitting on the bed looking at her, and when she looked at me, it was like she looked through me, and several times she wanted to get up, like she had to go somewhere, somebody is waiting for her.

I also saw a flash of light for a split second above her, while she was sleeping. Maybe my mind was just playing tricks with me, but maybe it was something, I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom