Terrifying Sea Critter Hauled from Ocean's Depths

treesparrow

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
just goes to show ya that science fiction ain't so fictitious

These critters are not news. They are common scavengers on the sea floor, and are related to the wood louse. Mantis shrimp are creepier looking, and people eat those.

Looks like a really big water bug...

On the bottom sea floor, what size critter would eat those?

Jesus christ they eat dead whales.
I thought that dead whales feed the ocean since they are so big, not one particular species :)

Some kind of isopod, basically a giant marine woodlouse relative. A bit like a prehistoric trilobite. Horrible looking!

Ben said:
Some kind of isopod, basically a giant marine woodlouse relative. A bit like a prehistoric trilobite. Horrible looking!

The Japanese would eat it!

Al Today said:
Iron said:
Jesus christ they eat dead whales.{...}

No... I asked what eats those water bugs?
On the bottom sea floor, what size critter would eat those?

Oh sorry, I wasnt answering you, I was only rather amazed that they eat whales.
My english kinda suck to express myself in a funny way.

No problem here Iron. The use of that J.C. name caught me off guard and threw me back in time. It fired up an old program within me. Myself & friends used to slug down cold beers and complain (bitch) about many subjects. Mostly people, politics, & religion... The invokation of the J.C. name was rapid fire, intense, and with much laughter.
When you said:

Iron said:
Jesus christ they eat dead whales.{...}
That was exactly how we would talk and I responded to you as I would a Friend behind the old barn. Yep, we were insolent and vulgar, limited vocabulary of swearing & laughter.
I'm still smiling from fun memories...

Posté par: Laura
Yes, we are thinking about counter-measures. The main thing I think that helps at this point is diet.

This critter is diet (dead wales) sure helped build a good armor(counter-measure), maybe we need to had wale to our diet. :lol:

I wonder if these things can be window fallers or just an overgrown sea creature who lives in the deep
blue looks really creepy though.

Probably it survived from time before some cataclysmic event, i wouldn't want to dive in those waters that's for sure because his nippers look sharp. :D

Back
Top Bottom