Terrorist attack against our environment.

S

Submersible

Considering the massive amount of smog in the air, would you believe that the director of the EPA would be making changes that obviously go against the Clean Air Act and make the matter worse?

It appears as if 'they' are trying to suffocate us at a much faster rate.

Part of this government's initial response to the destruction caused by hurricane Katrina was to remove 'some' of the pollution control standards in the surrounding states hit by the storm. On day three, they decided to remove pollution control from all fuel refineries throughout the country.
They are good about taking care of the industry before taking care of people, but that should be expected by now.
The 'waivers' initially issued by EPA were supposed to expire on 9-15-05, but since it obviously saved the oil-industry a significant amount of money in refining cost, they have decided to go against the Clean Air Act and make the 'waivers' permanent.

http://www.environmentaldefense.org/pressrelease.cfm?ContentID=2498

In Sept. 04 the National Institute of Environmental Health Science issued this statement:
"Children who live in polluted communities are five times more likely to have clinically low lung function-less than 80 percent of the lung function expected for their age. New data from the Children's Health Study suggests that pollutants from vehicle emissions and fossil fuels hinder lung development and limit breathing capacity for a lifetime."

http://www.niehs.nih.gov/oc/news/airpoll.htm

In January '05 they issued this statement.
"Among U.S. residents, 1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women will develop cancer at some point in their lifetimes. Research shows that environmental factors trigger diseases like cancer, especially when someone has a family history,"

http://www.niehs.nih.gov/oc/news/canceragents.htm

Now they have increased the amount of allowable pollution to be released into our atmosphere?

My question is, if one division of our government (NIEHS) is willing to acknowledge and advise the american people of the amount of lung function and capacity we have lost due to airborne pollutants, how can another division of our government, a 'protection agency', intentionally make the problem worse?
When this government is admitting that 50% of the men and 33% of the women in this country will develop cancer in their lifetime, the facts in this case are probably better left unturned.

Is there anyway to force our government to acknowledge the effects of their own actions when they pose a conflict of interest as obvious as this does?
Can Steve Johnson be charged with negligent homicide, and if not , what about malfeasance in office?

It is my fault that I lack the resources to take this to the courts, and I obviously lack the heart to take it to the 'streets'.

I need your help.

If you believe we are 'under attack' from the information I have posted here, PLEASE share this with anybody and everybody you come into contact with. Somewhere along the line I believe this information will fall into the hands of the right group of men who are more than willing to defend their children's right to BREATHE.

THIS administration has no ability to defend itself from the truth, the only power they have left is the ability to manipulate the minds of the general public by controlling the media, and instilling a fear from 'others' while also making us fear their 'power' if someone tries to expose the truth.

Back
Top Bottom