Test "the age" of your ears

Keit

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
I stumbled upon the following video, where you can test how old is your hearing is, because as we know, kids hear frequencies that adults don't.

Beware that you will hear a high-pitched and very unpleasant sound, so don't crank-up the volume too high. In my case I started to hear the sound right at my my current age, but I was also listening without headphones.

Added: Listened with headphones, and I start hearing it 3 years younger my age on both ears.

Don't know how accurate it is, so fwiw.

Last edited:
Interesting! I started hearing it around 26-27, which is younger than I am. (I used my earphones.) The results from people shared in the comments below the video show that they vary: young people hearing it at a later age mark and vice versa and some exactly at their age mark.

Added: I just tried it with different earphones and then I heard it at the 6 years old mark! I think the quality of earphones also plays a role.

Last edited:
I started hearing the sound exactly at the moment it displayed my age!

Didn't think it could be that accurate.

ADDED: I thought my hearing was worse than average since I used to bombard my ears with music at max volume throughout my teens.

I heard the sound at 15 years younger than my true age so I am very pleased with that. Both ears are identical too, even though I automatically use my left ear for my phone.

I sent the link to my eldest brother. He went to some pretty wild and loud musical events in the 60's and 70's.

This is fun!
I´m 5 years younger (almost 6 since my birthday is in one month) in my left ear and 7 (so almost 8) years younger in my right.
Interesting that in overall test (first one) I had 10 years less...
I´m on my business laptop using iPhone headphones, so if someone has high quality headphones with good audio card in a computer, one hears probably better.....

With earplugs that only sit softly in the ear and with my usual volume set, I hear it at 26. With earplugs that sit tightly and dampen surrounding sounds I hear it at 6.

Back
Top Bottom