The Amazing Liver and Gallbladder Flush

Masamune

Jedi Council Member
I was speaking with my chiropractor and I told him that I was reading Detoxify or Die. He told me that it was a good book but he recommended that I read The Amazing Liver and Gallbladder Flush by Andreas Moritz first. I am not familiar with a liver or gallbladder flush and I am wondering, has anyone had any experience with this and what results have you had? According to the book one of the most common causes of illness is gallstones in the liver and this book tells how to cleanse out the stones. And if I remember correctly my chiropractor said that there was an additional step or steps not in the book that his patients needed to take to complete the cleanse but I didn't get into that with him.

From Andreas Moritz's website:
http://www.ener-chi.com/amazingliver.htm said:
About this Book

In this revised edition of his best-selling book, The Amazing Liver Cleanse, Andreas Moritz addresses the most common but rarely recognized cause of illness -- gallstones congesting the liver. Twenty million Americans suffer from attacks of gallstones every year. In many cases, treatment merely consists of removing the gallbladder, at the cost of $5 billion a year. But this purely symptom-oriented approach does not eliminate the cause of the illness, and in many cases, sets the stage for even more serious conditions. Most adults living in the industrialized world, and especially those suffering a chronic illness such as heart disease, arthritis, MS, cancer, or diabetes, have hundreds if not thousands of gallstones (mainly clumps of hardened bile) blocking the bile ducts of their liver.

This book provides a thorough understanding of what causes gallstones in the liver and gallbladder and why these stones can be held responsible for the most common diseases so prevalent in the world today. It provides the reader with the knowledge needed to recognize the stones and gives the necessary, do-it-yourself instructions to painlessly remove them in the comfort of one's home. It also gives practical guidelines on how to prevent new gallstones from being formed. The widespread success of The Amazing Liver Cleanse is a testimony to the power and effectiveness of the cleanse itself. The liver cleanse has led to extraordinary improvements in health and wellness among thousands of people who have already given themselves the precious gift of a strong, clean, revitalized liver.

Preview of this Book

Most people believe that gallstones can be found only in the gallbladder. This is a common false assumption. Most gallstones are actually formed in the liver and comparatively few occur in the gallbladder. You can easily verify this assessment by giving yourself a liver cleanse. It matters little whether you are a layperson, a medical doctor, a scientist, or someone who no longer has a gallbladder and, therefore, is believed to be free of gallstones altogether. The results of the liver cleanse speak for themselves. No amount of scientific proof or medical explanation can make these any more valuable than they already are. Once you see hundreds of green or beige-colored gallstones floating in the toilet bowl during your first liver flush, you will intuitively know that you are on to something very important in your life. To satisfy your curious mind you may decide to take the stones to a laboratory for chemical analysis or ask your physician what he thinks about all that. But what is most significant in this experience is the fact that you have taken active responsibility for your own health, perhaps for the first time in your life.

Not everyone is as fortunate as you are. An estimated 20% of the world's population will develop gallstones in their gallbladder at some stage in their lives. This figure, however, does not account for the many more people who will develop gallstones in their liver or already have them. During my thirty years of practicing natural medicine I have dealt with thousands of people suffering from all types of diseases. I can document that each person, without exception, has had considerable quantities of gallstones in their liver. Surprisingly, only relatively few of them reported to have had a history of gallstones in their gallbladder. Gallstones in the liver are, as will be seen in this book, the main impediment to acquiring and maintaining good health, youthfulness and vitality. They are, indeed, one of the major reasons people become ill and have difficulty recuperating from illness.

The failure to recognize the incidence of gallstone formation in the liver may very well be the most unfortunate oversight that has ever been made in the field of medicine, both orthodox and complementary. Relying so heavily on blood tests for diagnostic purposes, as conventional medicine does, may be a big disadvantage with regard to assessing liver health. Most people who have a physical complaint of sorts have perfectly normal liver enzyme levels in the blood, despite suffering liver congestion. Liver congestion and stagnation are among the most common health problems, yet conventional medicine makes no reference to them, nor does it have a way to diagnose these conditions. Liver enzyme levels in the blood become elevated only when there is advanced liver cell destruction, as is the case, for example, in hepatitis or liver inflammation. Liver cells contain large amounts of enzymes. When ruptured, the enzymes enter the blood and signal liver abnormalities. But by then, the damage has already occurred. It takes many years of congestion before such an event becomes possible. Therefore, typical clinical tests are not a reliable way to detect gallstones in the liver.

By understanding how gallstones in the liver contribute to the occurrence of almost every type of disease, and by taking some simple steps to remove them, you are able to put yourself in charge of restoring your own health and vitality on a permanent basis. The implications of applying the liver cleanse for yourself or, if you are a health practitioner, for your patients, are immensely rewarding. To have a clean liver is to have a new lease of life.

The liver has direct control over growth and functioning of every cell in the body. Any kind of malfunction, deficiency or abnormal growth pattern of the cell is largely due to poor liver performance. Due to its extraordinary design, the liver often 'seems' to perform normally (balanced blood values), even after it has lost up to 60% of its original efficiency. As deceiving this may be to the patient and his doctor, the origin of most diseases can easily be traced to the liver.

All diseases or symptoms of ill health are caused by an obstruction of some sort. If a blood vessel is blocked and therefore can no longer provide speedy delivery of vital oxygen or nutrients to a group of cells, the cells will have to enforce specific emergency measures in order to survive. Of course, many of the afflicted cells will not survive the 'famine' and will simply die off. But other, more resilient cells will learn to adjust to the adverse situation (cell mutation) and live of trapped, toxic metabolic waste products. Although, in reality, such a survival response helps to prevent the body's immediate demise through septic poisoning, we tend to label it as 'disease'. In this case, the label is known as cancer.

There are other, more apparent obstructions that can disrupt our well-being. A continually constipated colon prevents the body from eliminating the waste products contained in feces. The withholding of waste in the lower parts of the intestines leads to a toxic colon and, if the situation is not resolved, to a toxic body. Kidney infection and kidney failure occur when a calcified stone obstructs the flow of urine in the kidneys or bladder. The build up of mineral deposits in the urinary system can lead to fluid retention and weight gain. If hardened mucous blocks the air passages of your lungs, you literally run out of breath. Poor hearing may result if sticky mucous enters the ducts that connect your throat with your ears. Likewise, a thickening of the blood caused by highly acid-forming foods or drinks may restrict its flow through the capillaries and arteries, and lead to numerous problems in the body, ranging from simple skin irritation to arthritis, heart attack, or stroke.

These or similar obstructions in the body are directly and indirectly linked with restricted liver performance - in particular, to an impasse caused by gallstones in the liver and gallbladder. The presence of chunks of clotted bile (gallstones) in these organs greatly interferes with such vital processes as the digestion of food, elimination of waste and detoxification of harmful substances in the blood. By decongesting the liver bile ducts and the gallbladder, the body's 60-100 trillion cells will be able to 'breathe' more oxygen, receive sufficient amounts of nutrients, efficiently eliminate their metabolic waste products, and maintain perfect communication links with the nervous system, endocrine system and every other part of the body.

Masamune said:
I was speaking with my chiropractor and I told him that I was reading Detoxify or Die. He told me that it was a good book but he recommended that I read The Amazing Liver and Gallbladder Flush by Andreas Moritz first. I am not familiar with a liver or gallbladder flush and I am wondering, has anyone had any experience with this and what results have you had? According to the book one of the most common causes of illness is gallstones in the liver and this book tells how to cleanse out the stones.

Hi Masamune - I've not read your referenced book so I can't comment in that regard, OTOH, I did read the UltraSimple Diet book (Dr. Mark Hyman). He suggests taking lemon juice and olive oil first thing upon waking each morning, purpose of which is to cleanse the liver.

fwiw, since I've been doing this daily for quite some time now, I haven't noticed any changes nor have I had any previous gallstone/gallbladder problems but it makes sense to cleanse the liver. Your book sounds interesting. If you read it, let us know what you discover.

From a Cayce point of view, cleansing of the liver is need very often too. Cayce used castor-oil pack placed on the skin to increase circulation and to promote elimination of the liver. I was thinking of a new thread about this method.

Here is a links to a site which explains the Moritz gallbladder flush in more detail: _http://www.healthynewage.com/liver-gallbladder-flush.htm
At the bottom of the page there is also a little discussion.

I have not tried the Moritz flush yet but two similar ones for which I can post the recipes, if I manage to find the docs. The Moritz flush recipe contains a large amount of olive oil, which I find very very hard to swallow. This may be easier for others.

1984 said:
Hi Masamune - I've not read your referenced book so I can't comment in that regard, OTOH, I did read the UltraSimple Diet book (Dr. Mark Hyman). He suggests taking lemon juice and olive oil first thing upon waking each morning, purpose of which is to cleanse the liver.

fwiw, since I've been doing this daily for quite some time now, I haven't noticed any changes nor have I had any previous gallstone/gallbladder problems but it makes sense to cleanse the liver. Your book sounds interesting. If you read it, let us know what you discover.

I just want to mention here that Dr. Hyman does say to stop doing the olive oil/lemon juice flush after one week. If wanted, you may do the flush for one week every 3 months to give your system a healthy boost.

I recently began working in the supplement section at a health food store called Akin's Natural Foods (link). (I decided that I would like to pursue a career in Naturopathic medicine. Even though "time" may not allow it to "materialize" in the proper sense I feel that if the alleged upcoming catastrophe actually occurs and somehow I survive I feel such a service will be desperately needed.) Anyway, a lady that is currently training me just happened to mention this very book by Andreas Moritz. She was told that she would have to have her gallbladder removed because it was "clogged" with gallstones. She told me that she had it removed and it was only after that she came across this very book and decided to give it a go. (She felt she probably had many many little stones blocking the various ducts in her liver.) Upon doing the cleanse as presented in the book she said she passed ~50 stones. Later, she decided to do it again and passed ~100 more stones! She said that she would recommend it to anyone thinking about detoxing their body and that it would probably be a good first step in that direction. I think I may try it myself and I will report back when I am finished.

I just did a liver gallstone flush after having 4 episodes of what I believe were gallbladder attacks. I can't believe how good I feel! I passed probably a 1000 stones! I'm going to do it again in a couple of weeks as recommended!
I was sick this past week with another episode and finally broke down a went to the doctor and she told me that she thought that it was an ulcer! But then did say that it could very well be my gallbladder and that I may need it removed... anyhow, decided to try the flush after I was feeling somewhat better... and OH MAN do I feel better!

what I would like to know from other forum members is if they have experienced anything like this after starting the gluten free high animal fat diet. I'm not blaming the diet at all... I feel that the stones have been there but maybe the diet made the stones start moving or something? I would like your thoughts on this. I'm not going to stop the diet I think its great and other than the few attacks that I had I have lost 30 pounds & generally feel better.

thanks!

I have been doing Andrea's flushes for 8 months now ( one flush a month) THEY ARE AMAZING!! I shared my experience on the health board but was told to go to the newbie section. Not sure what I did wrong......Anyway I highly recommend doing many flushes. I suffer from thyroid problems and was at a loss as to what to do with my body....8 flushes later I have no more stones. After the first flush I felt so much better my family thought it was a miracle! You will feel so much better!!!! I can't stress enough how important following his flush is.

I've done liver cleanses from Hulda Clark's books. Yes they get out hundreds of gallstones at a time that were clogging up the liver bile ducts. I'm not familiar with the Moritz book. Clark's recipe uses olive oil and fresh squeezed pink grapefruit juice, along with 4 doses of Epsom salt in water.

I've posted about this including the recipe / protocol in other topics, but I only found one: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,17952.msg164864/topicseen.html#msg164864 in the "'Sluggish' Liver issues" thread.

I think eating the high fat diet after years of eating the wrong diet can cause acute gallstone attacks -- e.g. extreme, painful spasms that shoot to the upper back, between shoulder blades or shoulder area, etc. This happened last week with my mother and she did a liver cleanse again after several years of not having done any, and it really helped. If this painful attack happens (usually from eating fat and having clogged bile ducts) you can get immediate relief just by putting a tablespoon of Epsom salts in 3/4 cup of water and drinking it -- but make sure you haven't eaten anything for a few hours before drinking the Epsom salts.

Pay special attention to the warning of having live parasites in the liver when doing the liver cleanse in the post linked above. I may do some cleanses soon too. Another sign is if you eat a lot of fat, you'll get light colored, floating stools (sometimes greasy) which is indicative of insufficient fat digestion and lack of bile being produced which results from clogged bile ducts. Hope this sheds some more light on the issues.

cherylclift said:
I have been doing Andrea's flushes for 8 months now ( one flush a month) THEY ARE AMAZING!! I shared my experience on the health board but was told to go to the newbie section. Not sure what I did wrong......Anyway I highly recommend doing many flushes. I suffer from thyroid problems and was at a loss as to what to do with my body....8 flushes later I have no more stones. After the first flush I felt so much better my family thought it was a miracle! You will feel so much better!!!! I can't stress enough how important following his flush is.
thanks cherylclift, I do feel amazing and feel like it was a miracle! I plan on doing another flush in a couple of weeks, and then every so often after that and then the recommended twice a year.

SeekinTruth said:
I think eating the high fat diet after years of eating the wrong diet can cause acute gallstone attacks -- e.g. extreme, painful spasms that shoot to the upper back, between shoulder blades or shoulder area, etc.

Pay special attention to the warning of having live parasites in the liver when doing the liver cleanse in the post linked above. I may do some cleanses soon too. Another sign is if you eat a lot of fat, you'll get light colored, floating stools (sometimes greasy) which is indicative of insufficient fat digestion and lack of bile being produced which results from clogged bile ducts. Hope this sheds some more light on the issues.

SeekinTruth,
I too believe that the high fat vs past hardly any fat high carb diet has maybe caused these attacks as well. But my pains were quite different then your mothers, totally up front and on the right side, and I've also heard other stories where they were different as well... honestly I believe that it may have been affecting my pancreas... but that's just my opinion.
I will also research the warning signs of parasites in the liver, thanks!

Oh one more thing that I noticed, when I was laying down doing the round breathing before meditation and breathing during meditation it was much easier after the flush! Its day two and I'm still passing stones, I must have really been blocked up! :-[

LadyRodgers said:
thanks cherylclift, I do feel amazing and feel like it was a miracle! I plan on doing another flush in a couple of weeks, and then every so often after that and then the recommended twice a year.

That's wonderful to hear how well it worked out for you, LadyRodgers!! I did the flush at least a few times many years ago (long before discovering this forum--found it on curezone) and expelled many stones and I think many emotional blockages with them. It's certainly no fun having a liver and gallbladder than can't digest fat, especially when consuming a high fat diet, so I can remember the relief I had and how wonderful you must feel now. :)

I've been thinking about doing another flush myself recently (haven't done one for years) but haven't decided if it'll help me enough to outweigh the unfun elements of actually doing the flush (epsom salts, diarrhea, etc). If I decide to do it again, though, I'm definitely going to take the epsom salts in gel caps--drinking that was the worst part, IMHO! I'm not sure if you've tried that or not, but it may make doing future flushes easier, not having to taste the epsom salts.

Glad to hear about your progress!! :D

Foxx said:
That's wonderful to hear how well it worked out for you, LadyRodgers!! I did the flush at least a few times many years ago (long before discovering this forum--found it on curezone) and expelled many stones and I think many emotional blockages with them. It's certainly no fun having a liver and gallbladder than can't digest fat, especially when consuming a high fat diet, so I can remember the relief I had and how wonderful you must feel now. :)

I've been thinking about doing another flush myself recently (haven't done one for years) but haven't decided if it'll help me enough to outweigh the unfun elements of actually doing the flush (epsom salts, diarrhea, etc). If I decide to do it again, though, I'm definitely going to take the epsom salts in gel caps--drinking that was the worst part, IMHO! I'm not sure if you've tried that or not, but it may make doing future flushes easier, not having to taste the epsom salts.

Glad to hear about your progress!! :D

OH YES the HORRIBLE EPSON SALT cocktail! LOL I managed to choke it down though... but I will check into the the gel caps, thanks!

So, I am wondering if I should lay off the fat for awhile until I can get a few more flushes done? I am still somewhat sore when food is passing through my digestive system, so wondering if I just need a few days to recupe...

LadyRodgers, I would say cut back just a bit on the fat but keep eating the keto diet (especially if you haven't had any acute, painful gallstone attacks). There's no reason to get out of ketosis now, if you're already adapted. It will keep things moving. When we eat lots of healthy fats, the liver functions properly and makes enough bile that doesn't stagnate and become viscous, leading to stone formation. I think if everyone ate the proper diet all their lives, no one would probably have so many gallstones, if any.

Yeah, the Epsom Salts are a little bitterish tasting but it goes down pretty quick. The olive oil and fresh squeezed grapefruit juice shaken together actually tastes pretty good, though. :)

I believe Andrea's Moritz developed the gallbladder/liver flush.....there are copycats out there....with that said....
Epsom Salts Suck! Go to any grocery store or Rite Aid etc and buy bottles of Magnesium Citrate. It works the same as the Epsom Salts and taste much much better!! I can not do the Epsom Salts it makes me gag. Do a flush every 3 to 4 weeks until you go 2 flushes without any stones. This way you KNOW all your stones are out. DON'T FORGET YOUR COLONICS!!! At least do one before your flush. If you are passing stones days after your flush go get a colonic done!! The stones are very toxic in your intestines.

If you have trouble with the olive oil mixture use sunflower oil.

Hope that helps :)

Back
Top Bottom