I saw this, and there is no source for it. I decided to have a look around. I found this interesting graph:

Read this old book by Dr. Martin Larson - The Federal Reserve and our Manipulated Dollar. Pretty good read as recalled. He goes back through American Monetary Policy, while looking through the years 1775 to 1981 (the book was revised in 1981).

Somewhere in his book he makes a comparison of when he was a young father/professor and what his income could buy. A house was $5,000 - paid off over a few years, food for the family, clothes for the family, a car, with room for savings.

A question, though - was one dollar so much higher in value in 1700 simply because there wasn't much currency in circulation?

Perhaps it was its consistency to standard units of metal that gave it its value, which would later debase as is known - quality vs. quantity, while competing on international markets.

In the section The First American Dollar (coinage Act of 1792), the dollar was established "consisting of 371.25 grains of pure and 416 grains of stander silver" - continued along to when the "unit of currency-the dollar-until 1873, when replaced by one consisting of 25.8 grains of standard gold." There was debate on whether it should be a bimetallic currency.

An opinion piece by Neil Oliver that does a pretty good round up of the situation.

It is hard to tell yourself you've been taken for a fool but open your eyes, says Neil Oliver

We are no longer being treated as individuals entitled to try and make the most of our lives.​

It is hard to think the unthinkable – but there comes a time when there’s nothing else for it. People raised to trust the powers that be – who have assumed, like I once did, that the State, regardless of its political flavour at any given moment, is essentially benevolent and well-meaning – will naturally try and keep that assumption of benevolence in mind when trying to make sense of what is going on around them.

People like us, you and me, raised in the understanding that we are free, that we have inalienable rights, and that the institutions of this country have our best interests at heart, will tend to tie ourselves in knots rather than contemplate the idea those authorities might actually be working against us now. I took that thought of benevolent, well-meaning authority for granted for most of my life, God help me. Not to put too fine a point on it, I was as gullible as the next chump.

A couple of years ago, however, I began to think the unthinkable and with every passing day it becomes more and more obvious to me that we are no longer being treated as individuals entitled to try and make the most of our lives – but as a barn full of battery hens, just another product to be bought and sold – sold down the river.

Let me put it another way: if you have been driving yourself almost demented in an effort to think the best of those in charge – those in senior positions in government, those in charge of the great institutions of State, those running the big corporations – but finding it increasingly impossible to do so … then the solution to the problem might be to turn your point of view through 180 degrees and accept, however unwillingly, that we are … how best to put this … being taken for a ride.

When you find a stranger’s hand on your wallet, in the inside pocket of your jacket … rather than trying to persuade yourself he’s only making sure it doesn’t fall out … it might be more straightforward to draw the conclusion you’re in the process of being robbed.

Once the scales fall from a person’s eyes, the resultant clarity of sight is briefly overwhelming. Or it is like being handed a skeleton key that opens every locked door, or access to a Rosetta Stone that translates every word into a language instantly understood.

Take the energy crisis: If you’ve felt the blood drain from your face at the prospect of bills rising from hundreds to several thousands of pounds while reading about energy companies doubling their profits overnight while being commanded to subsidise so-called renewables that are anything but Green while listening to this politician or that renew their vows to the ruinous fantasies of Net Zero and Agenda 2030 while knowing that the electricity for electric cars comes, in the main and most reliably, from fossil fuels if you can’t make sense of it all and just know that it adds up to a future in which you might have to choose between eating and heating then treat yourself to the gift of understanding that the powers that be fully intend that we should have less heat and less fuel and that in the planned future only the rich will have cars anyway. The plan is not to fix it.

The plan is to break it, and leave it broken. If you struggle to think the best of the world’s richest – vacuous, self-obsessed A-list celebrities among them – endlessly circling the planet on private jets and super yachts, so as to attend get-togethers where they might pontificate to us lowly proles about how we must give up our cars and occasional holiday flights – even meat on the dinner table … if you wonder how they have the unmitigated gall … then isn’t it easier simply to accept that their honestly declared and advertised intention is that their luxurious and pampered lives will continue as before while we are left hungry, cold and mostly unwashed in our unheated homes.

Here’s the thing: if any leader or celeb honestly meant a word of their sermons about CO2 and the rest, then they would obviously lead by example. They would be first of all of us willingly to give up international travel altogether … they would downsize to modest homes warmed by heat pumps. They would eschew all energy but that from the sun and the wind. They would eat, with relish, bugs and plants. They would resort to walking, bicycles and public transport. If Net Zero and the rest was about the good of the planet – and not about clearing the skies and the beaches of scum like us – don’t you think those sainted politicians and A-listers would be lighting the way for us by their own example? If the way of life they preach to us was worth living, wouldn’t they be living it already? Perhaps you heard Bill Gates say private jets are his guilty pleasure.

This supposed utopia we’re having rammed down our throats isn’t working, says Neil Oliver​

And how about food – and more particularly the predicted shortage of it: the suits and CEOs blame it all on Vladimir Putin. But if the countries of the world are truly running out of food, why is our government offering farmers hundreds of thousands of pounds to get out of the industry and sell their land to transnational corporations for use, or disuse unknown? Why aren’t we, as a society, doing what our parents and grandparents did during WWII and digging for victory? Why is the government intent on turning a third of our fertile soil over to re-wilding schemes that make life better only for the beavers? Why aren’t we looking across the North Sea towards the Netherlands where a WEF-infected administration is bullying farmers off their land altogether, forcing them to cull half the national herd.

Those Dutch farmers are among the most productive and knowledgeable in the world, holding in their heads and hands the answers to all manner of questions about how best to produce food, and yet their government is so intent on scaring them out of the business that a teenage boy in a tractor, taking part in a protest to defend ancient rights and traditions, was fired on by police.

Why do you think it matters so much, to the government of the second most productive population of farmers in the world, to gut and fillet that industry? Why? Why have similar protests, in countries all across Europe and the wider world, been largely ignored by the mainstream media – a media that would have crawled on its hands and knees over broken glass just to report on a BLM protester opening a bag of non-binary crisps. Why the silence on the attack on farming?

And while we’re on the subject of farmland ownership, why is computer salesman Bill Gates buying so much farmland in the US – more than a quarter of a million acres in 19 states at the last count, while simultaneously promoting the production and sale of fake meat? And why have so many small planes crashed into massive food processing plants in the US, sparking fires and thereby hobbling the production and distribution of yet more of the very stuff of life? Why is this happening to farmers and farming … all across the hitherto developed world …?

Isn’t the simple obvious answer … the answer that makes most sense and that is staring us in our trusting faces … that power for the power-hungry has always rested most effectively upon control of food and its supply? Why are the powers that be attributing this to a cost of living crisis when everyone with two brain cells to rub together can see it’s a cost of lockdown crisis – the inevitable consequence of shutting down the whole country – indeed the whole world – for the best part of two years. Soaring inflation, rising interest rates, disrupted supply chains.

The running of this country has precious little to do with we, the people, Neil Oliver says​

Might they be calling it a cost of living crisis as part of their bare-faced attempt to distract us from the fact that while ordinary individuals face a life and death struggle in the coming months, the corporations have celebrated their share of the greatest transfer of wealth in history? Doesn’t that seem more likely? However unthinkable, might it not be more compelling to ask why our government, and governments around the world, have effectively stood by and held the coats of huge corporations while those money magnets pulled almost all of the world’s wealth into their already creaking coffers?

Are our governments more interested in enabling, in aiding and abetting the rich, than in lifting so much as a finger to protect our livelihoods, our ways of life? I’m only asking. What about the money in our pockets? Why is it getting harder and harder to use good old cash, notes and coins? Why are we being nudged further and further away from spending-power we can see and hold, and towards a digital alternative that exists only on the hard drives of the banks that run the world? Why is that do you think?

Rather than dismiss as yet another conspiracy theory the idea of cash being ultimately replaced with transactions based on the exchange of what amount to glorified food stamps that will only be accepted if our social credit score demonstrates that we’ve been obedient girls or boys … how about taking the leap and focussing on the blatantly obvious … that if we are not free to buy whatever and whenever we please, free of the surveillance and snooping of governments and the banks that run them, then we have absolutely no freedom at all. And while we’re on the subject of money and banks, why not pause to notice something else that is glaringly obvious – which is to say that the currencies of the West are teetering on the abyss, and that one bank after another is revealed, to those who are bothering to watch, as being as close to bankruptcy as its possible to be without actually falling over the edge.

Then there’s the so-called vaccines for Covid – I deliberately say “so-called” because by now it should be clear to all but the wilfully blind that those injections do not work as advertised. You can still contract the virus, still transmit the virus, still get sick and still die. Denmark has dropped their use on under-18s. All across the world, every day, more evidence emerges – however grudgingly, however much the various complicit authorities and Big-Pharma companies might hate to admit it – of countless deaths and injuries caused by those medical procedures.

The race for the leadership of the Conservative Party is a farce, says Neil Oliver​

And yet here in Britain and just about everywhere else, governments continue to try and get those needles into as many arms as possible, even the arms of the smallest and youngest. The ripe stink of corruption is everywhere. I trusted authority for most of my life.

Now I ask myself on a daily basis how I ignored the stench for so long. Across the Atlantic, the Biden Whitehouse sent the FBI to raid the home of former president Donald Trump. Meanwhile Joe Biden and his son Hunter – he of the laptop full of the most appalling and incriminating content – fly together on Airforce 1. No raids planned on the Obamas, nor on the Clintons. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi flew to Taiwan and onwards to China. Her son Paul, an investor in a Chinese tech firm and with seats on the board of companies dealing in lithium, was along for the ride, into that part of the world where three quarters of the world’s lithium batteries are made. Taiwan leads in that technology.

It is hard to think the unthinkable. It’s hard to think that all of it, all the misery, all the suffering of the past and to come might just be about money, greed and power. It is hard to tell yourself you’ve been taken for a fool and taken for a ride. It’s hard, but the view from the other side is worth the effort and the pain. Open your eyes and see.

Some kind of reset is for sure coming in the West, but I don't think the type of reset the WEF and 'elites' have planned...

Posted an article and comment in two other threads about pricing of precious metals by Russia and associated countries to replace the manipulated pricing in the West, etc.

Epoch Times: Blocking the Brazilian President’s Social Media: Supreme Court’s Threat to Democracy

President Bolsonaro is under attack in Brazil. It seems the presiding justice of Brazil's Supreme Electoral Court (Alexandre de Moraes) has issued numerous “monocratic decisions” against “misinformation,” is investigating and even jailing Bolsonaro's friends and supporters (apparently accusing them of planning a coup, and confiscating their electronic devices, removing them from social meda, and freezing their bank accounts).

Per EpochTimes: "Bolsonaro says democracy is now under serious attack in the country. He has accused these unelected judges of practising political interference and trying to deploy a judicial dictatorship. 'Brazil is on the road to dictatorship. This is how dictatorships start now. You lose your freedom little by little, then one day you look, and you are completely tied up.' he told network Jovem Pan.

Bolsonaro has displayed a sense of humor and realism, plus directness of speech, which has lightened my heart during the past two years.
For example:

-- Bolsonaro on covid: “All of us are going to die one day,” he told reporters. “Everyone is going to die. There is no point in escaping from that, in escaping from reality. We have to stop being a country of sissies.”

-- Bolsonaro was not jabbed: “I’m not going to get [the vacc]........I already had the virus, I already have antibodies. Why should I get the vaccine again?” “And another thing that has to be made very clear. There in the Pfizer contract, it is very clear that we (Pfizer) are not responsible for any side effect. If you become an alligator, it is your problem ...… And what is worse, tampering with people’s immune systems.”

There was a newspaper photo of him a year ago, standing outside a restaurant in NYC, eating pizza. He had to stand outside because they wouldn't let "the unvaccinated" in.

-- Bolsonaro on the future: "I have three alternatives for my future: being arrested, killed or victory," he said, in remarks to a meeting of evangelical leaders. Bolsonaro later added that the first option is out of question. "No man on Earth will threaten me."

Another thing Bolso has warned recently is to not go down the communist directed path of Chile.

In a recent debate with Lula, he directly accused Gabriel Boric, the 36 year old, uni dropout, far left puppet President of Chile of being involved in directing the social crisis that began three years of constant violence that led to the new constitutional convention process (a circus is the best description) and the election of his communist aligned government. I do believe Brazil intelligence has the goods on Boric.

This past Sunday, the UN/WEF approved new constitution was put to a mandatory national plebiscite vote in Chile. Around 13,000,000 people voted (including me), a suffrage percentage of more than 80% only surpassed by a point or two by the vote to end the military government in 1988.

With the silent majority forced to come out and vote, the new constitution was rejected by a huge 61% + margin.

I personally was expecting massive electoral fraud from the commies as guess who will be on the cover of the international version of Time magazine next week? Yeah, Gabriel Boric who only has a 38% approval rating in Chile.

Well this loss has forced him to shake up his cabinet and one of the casualties is one of Schwab's global young leaders, Izkia Siches.

guess who will be on the cover of the international version of Time magazine next week? Yeah, Gabriel Boric who only has a 38% approval rating in Chile.
Looks like TIme wlll use their domestic cover of a US tennis star in replacement for their original cover of their international version which can still be found in google using "site:time.com" "gabriel boric" parameters.

Also a victim in the cabinet shakeup, Giorgio Jackson who is connected to Soros.

Attachments

• INT-TIM220912-CHILE.jpg
    INT-TIM220912-CHILE.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 5
I was expecting electoral fraud as well, but I think they've been overconfident on this one. After all, the people have been particularly submissive with the Covidofascism of the last years. The election propaganda has been mostly biased towards the acceptance of the new constitution. Even media that should know better like RT saw it as a good thing. The very few people I've seen against it on the streets were insulted and harassed (their slogan was "if you read it you would reject it"). Apparently a few people have read the new text.

Each side blames the other for the fact that Nordstream 1 is still in need of a turbine. Apparently the latest holdup is the customs paperwork from the Russia side.

Latest Nord Stream 1 situation
"Thanks to sanctions: Nord Stream 1 permanently out of service"
8 Sep 2022

Thomas Röper, german reporter living in Saint Petersburg, wrote a latest article on the Nord Stream 1 gas pipeline development and situation.

Notice that his links are referring to German language written articles.

erdgas.jpg
Energy crisis
Thanks to sanctions: Nord Stream 1 permanently out of service

Western sanctions are preventing a repair of the oil leak from Nord Stream 1's last turbine. Habeck has now announced that the pipeline will not be switched on again in the foreseeable future.

From 6 September 2022 18:08 by Thomas Röper

With Western media claiming that it is Gazprom that is standing in the way of Nord Stream 1 resuming operations, we need to look at the details of the story here. In doing so, it becomes clear that it is the states of the West that have buried Nord Stream 1. But first things first.

Repairs and sanctions

The turbines that pump gas through Nord Stream 1 from Russia to Germany were manufactured by Siemens and are maintained and repaired by a Siemens subsidiary. But this is now prevented by the sanctions imposed by the EU, Canada and the UK. All these countries have imposed sanctions on all aspects of Russia's oil and gas sector, which includes the Nord Stream 1 turbines. EU politicians claim that the sanctions do not affect Nord Stream 1, but this is simply not true. If it were, the EU Commission could easily write the official letter requested by Gazprom, informing Gazprom in a legally binding way that these turbines are exempt from EU sanctions. However, the EU Commission does not write this letter.

With Canada, the matter is even more obvious. The only plant where the turbines can be maintained and repaired is in Canada. However, Canada has refused to send a turbine back to Russia as provided for in the maintenance contract. At the time, we recall, the turbine in question was sent from Canada to Germany. However, this contradicts the contracts and such a breach of contract can have consequences, for example insurance-related. Therefore, Russia will only allow the turbine back into the country if it is maintained and delivered according to the valid contracts.

However, this is not the case, which is why the turbine is now in Germany. The fact that Russia cannot take the turbine back for these reasons is not changed by the media-friendly photo opportunities for Chancellor Scholz at the turbine.

In addition, the Siemens subsidiary Industrial Turbine Company (UK) Limited, which is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the turbines, is based in the UK and British sanctions prohibit it from maintaining or repairing the turbines. This will become important in a moment when we look at the confusion being played out by the German media.

Therefore, in order for Nord Stream 1 to be turned back on, Russia and Gazprom need letters of guarantee from the EU, Canada and the UK that Nord Stream 1's turbines are not affected by their sanctions. Neither the EU, Canada nor the UK are making any effort to write these letters.

The damage to the last turbine

Only one turbine was in operation at the end of August, when it was shut down for a routine inspection. During this inspection, an oil leak was discovered which, in the Russian view, prevents the safe operation of the pipeline. The Western media portray this differently and claim - with decidedly clever phrasing, which we will look at in a moment - that the pipeline could continue to operate despite the damage.

Gazprom has responded in a long statement on Telegram.
Here I translate the crucial part of the statement:

"The continued operation of the gas compressor unit without rectification of the identified defects poses a risk of fire or explosion, i.e. it compromises the occupational safety of the entire plant".
During the routine maintenance work on turbine No. 24 in July 2022, the indicated oil leakage was not detected, which is confirmed by the relevant protocol signed by Siemens representatives who carried out the maintenance work at the operating site.
We note that the working surfaces in the axial compressor of the gas turbine engine can reach temperatures of over 300 degrees Celsius where the cables pass through, while the temperature of the oil is about 288 degrees Celsius.
A similar leak had been detected previously, notably on turbine No. 14 (engine No. 120), and was progressive and extensive. The presence of this fault on several units indicates that it is a systemic fault. As a result of Rostekhnadzor's decision of 13.06.2022 on the temporary ban on the operation of the №120 engine, turbine №14 was taken out of service and placed in a state of "forced shutdown".
According to the letter from Siemens, the causes of the oil leak can only be eliminated under the conditions of a specialised repair workshop."

- - -

So, according to Gazprom, there is a risk of fire or explosion and repair is only possible in "a specialised repair workshop", by which is meant the workshop in Canada.

As reported by Der Spiegel

On 6 September, Der Spiegel published an article entitled "Russian gas pipeline - Federal Economics Minister does not assume Nord Stream 1 will be restarted", which stated:

"A spokesperson for Siemens Energy said on Monday that until further notice, the assessment is that the reported finding does not constitute a reason to stop operations. "Such leaks do not normally affect the operation of a turbine and can be sealed on site," the spokesman said. In the past, too, there had been no shutdowns due to such oil leaks."

- - -

Here we have to read very carefully
because the devil is in the detail. Whether the Spiegel editor understands this himself, or whether he has fallen for an agency report, remains to be seen.

First, Spiegel claims, citing a "Siemens Energy spokesman", that the damage is no reason to stop the pipeline. However, the following quote says something different than Spiegel claims, because the quoted Siemens spokesman claims that the leak can be sealed on site.

This immediately raises a crucial question: if that is so, why doesn't Siemens just do it? After all, no one reports that Gazprom forbids Siemens technicians on site to repair the leak. On the contrary, Siemens technicians are on site during maintenance, so they have access to the turbine.

Why is Siemens not repairing the turbine?

The reason why Siemens is not repairing the turbine is probably quite simple: The sanctions prohibit the Siemens subsidiary responsible for maintenance from repairing the turbine. Whether Gazprom is right and the repair has to be carried out in Canada, or whether the Siemens spokesperson quoted is right in saying that the repair can be carried out locally, is unimportant. What is important is the question of why Siemens (or the subsidiary responsible for maintenance) does not carry out the repair.

If Gazprom forbade the repair, the Western media would report on it. After all, they also reported for days that Russia would not take back the turbine located in Germany, which is true, but the German media kept quiet about why Russia would not take back the turbine.

Therefore, the only explanation is that the sanctions prevent Siemens from repairing the turbine.

Therefore, Spiegel's comment that "in the past there was no shutdown because of such oil leaks" is completely correct, because in the past there were not the sanctions that prevent the repair today. Der Spiegel (or the news agency from which Der Spiegel copied) is deliberately misleading its readers with these formulations, because, as we know, nothing is now like "in the past".

[Minister] Habeck announces the end of Nord Stream 1

In the same article, Der Spiegel quotes the philosopher and children's book author Robert Habeck, who currently gets to play Germany's Minister of Economics and Energy, as follows:

„Die Pipeline Nord Stream 1 liegt derzeit lahm. Und geht es nach der Einschätzung von Bundeswirtschaftsminister Robert Habeck, wird sich daran absehbar auch nichts ändern. Er stellt sich darauf ein, dass Russland über die Leitung kein Gas mehr nach Europa liefern wird.
»Es kommt noch ein bisschen Gas über die Ukraine-Pipeline, aber dass Nord Stream 1 wieder aufgemacht wird, gehört nicht zu den Szenarien, von denen ich ausgehe«, sagte der Grünenpolitiker am Montagabend im ZDF-»heute journal«.“
Habeck muss wissen, ob Siemens die Turbine reparieren darf. Wäre es so, dass Gazprom Siemens die Reparatur der Turbine verbietet, hätte er das auch gesagt. Das hätte beispielsweise so klingen können: „Der Schaden an der Turbine ist geringfügig, Siemens hat mitgeteilt, ihn schnell vor Ort beheben zu können, aber Gazprom lässt die Siemens-Techniker nicht an der Turbine arbeiten!“

Das hat Habeck aber ganz bewusst nicht gesagt. Und da der durchschnittliche heute-journal-Zuschauer die von mir hier erklärten Details nicht kennt, ist für den durchschnittlichen – von den Mainstream-Medien schlecht informierten – Zuschauer natürlich Russland schuld.

Habeck must know whether Siemens is allowed to repair the turbine. If it were the case that Gazprom forbids Siemens to repair the turbine, he would have said so. It could have sounded like this, for example: "The damage to the turbine is minor, Siemens has said it can quickly repair it on site, but Gazprom will not let Siemens technicians work on the turbine!"

But Habeck deliberately did not say that. And since the average heute-journal viewer does not know the details I have explained here, for the average viewer - ill-informed by the mainstream media - Russia is of course to blame.

If politics wanted to solve the gas problem....

In addition, politics and the media distract from the fact that the gas crisis could be solved tomorrow, even without Nord Stream 1. But the Federal Network Agency, which incidentally reports to Habeck, has banned the operation of Nord Stream 2. That was not Russia.

And Poland has stopped gas transit through the Yamal-Europe pipeline, which can pump Russian gas via Belarus to Poland and Germany. That was not Russia either.

In total, there are five pipelines that can pump Russian gas to Europe. Now three of them are out of service, all at the instigation of Western states. The other two pipelines are not running at full capacity, also due to action by the West. You can read details about the five pipelines here.

The gas crisis - and with it the energy crisis and the skyrocketing prices for electricity and heating - is a problem created by the West, not Russia. It is significant that for years the West has been accusing Russia of what Russia has never done, namely using gas as a political weapon. You can read that Russia has never used gas as a political lever in this article, in which I have gone into detail about all the gas crises of the last ten years.

We can see from the developments this year that it is the West that is doing exactly what it accuses Russia of doing: it is using gas as a political weapon. However, this political weapon of the West does not work against Russia, which is actually earning more money than before due to the high gas prices, but this political weapon works of the West primarily against its own population, which has to bear the exploding costs.

END OF ARTICLE

The network of nearly 10,000 "Global Shapers", in 428 cities (hubs) and 148 countries will be activated. This is something like the junior organization of the World Economic Forum. Its purpose is to identify high potentials who could become influential in business, politics and culture at an early stage, to network with each other and to introduce them to the World Economic Forum.

If they prove to be sufficiently ambitious and manageable, their careers will be promoted. In this way, Klaus Schwab and the members of his club have someone in an influential position in business, politics or culture almost anywhere in the world whom they can call if they need to know something or need a favor. And it costs practically nothing
More about the WEF's "global shapers" network. They seem to be everywhere throughout Western institutions and corporations, infiltrating, influencing, subverting.

In the following video, Paul Joseph Watson discusses Florida Governor Ron DeSanits' brilliant recent move of sending migrants to the vacation spot (and bastion of liberal politics) to Martha's Vineyard ("see how they like it!"). Then the steady flow of illegals flowing into the US, unchecked, by border security is covered. The numbers, as you'll see, are truly staggering. And the problems they present in the form of potential and actual crime waves, among others, quite destructive to the US population.

It seems, however, that getting all the migrants into the US for the purpose of having more of the population likely to vote Democratic - isn't the only part of "the plan". An even larger agenda, according to the following video, is occurring at the level of the UN - and seeks to remake the border and soverignty of countries in North America; The US, Mexico and Canada - to create a larger "regional" government. (Though not discussed in the video this would then seem to be part of the plan for Europe, too, whose immigration policies have already wreaked havoc in many countries).

Latest Nord Stream 1 situation
"Thanks to sanctions: Nord Stream 1 permanently out of service"
8 Sep 2022

And there goes the other one...

Nord Stream 2 - Gas Leak Found - Danger To Shipping

The pressure plunge in the Nord Stream 2 Baltic Sea pipeline which is not used for gas deliveries is the result of a gas leak southeast of the Danish island of Bornholm according to the operators.
Denmark's exclusive economic zone has been identified as the location of a possible leak Nord Stream 2 AG announced Monday afternoon. The pipeline appears to be destroyed at the affected location.

Accordingly, the relevant authorities have established a five-mile safety zone as a precautionary measure. Air traffic below 1000 meters has been stopped. Investigations are continuing.

"There has got to be a hole somewhere," Norbert Lissek, spokesman of Nord Stream 2 AG told DPA "It's just that no one knows where." It could be that gas is escaping offshore he said. If that were the case on land it would be noticed. Normally, there is a pressure of 105 bar. Now, on the German side it is only 7 bar. Researching the cause is proving very difficult for Nord Stream 2 AG, the company is under sanctions, has hardly any staff left, and funds have been frozen. "The authorities have all been informed." To Lissek's knowledge, there are no Nord Stream 2 AG personnel in Lubmin, the place where the pipeline lands in Germany.

"The events gives rise to fears that this is a major accident and that considerable quantities of methane have already escaped into the Baltic Sea" claim the activists of 'Deutsche Umwelthilfe'.

It's hardly conceivable that this new and heavy pipeline has just developed a fracture on its own without someone employing an explosive charge. Economic war at the latest stage...

Back
Top Bottom