Events in Russia

It's amazing! You won't see this on Russian TV. This aunt admires the "operation" in Crocus using the words "masterfully", "phenomenally". She doesn't seem to be 15 years old and should remember Charlie Hebdo, the Bataclan. I wonder what epithets she used then? I have a vague hope that in this case there is some kind of substitution, taking out of context or something similar. Can French speakers tell me what she's really talking about? Well, if she really admires what happened, then I really want her to become the only participant in the next such "masterful" performance, so to speak, for an encore, so that she enjoys it to the end.
French journalist Anne Niva admires GUR's operation in Crocus: "if they are Ukrainians, then this is a masterstroke"

Don't be surprised. It must be understood that these are people with the concepts of the Middle Ages, if not the Stone Age, and in all respects. I wrote a little above about the informal name of Chechen, so for Central Asian we also have such a well-established name since the Soviet era and still alive today - churki (chocks). A churka in Russian is a wooden stump.
In Russia, there is an established expression about uncultured, ill-mannered people - you can get a girl out of the village, but you can't get a village out of a girl. By analogy with this expression, we can say that the churka can be pulled out of their native Middle Ages, but the Middle Ages cannot be pulled out of the churks.

Потрясающе! Такого по российскому телевизору не увидишь. Эта тетя восторгается "операцией" в Крокусе с использованием слов "мастерски", "феноменально". Она вроде бы не 15 летняя и должна помнить Шарли Эбдо, Батаклан. Интересно какие эпитеты использовала она тогда? У меня есть смутная надежда на то, что в данном случае имеет место быть какая то подмена, вырывание из контекста или что то подобное. Франкоязычные может подскажут о чем она на самом деле говорит? Ну а если она действительно восторгается случившемся, то так и хочется, чтобы она стала единственной участницей следующего подобного "мастерского" выступления, так сказать на бис, чтобы насладилась уже до конца.
Не надо удивляться. Надо понять, что это люди с понятиями средневековья, если не каменного века, причем во всех отношениях. Я чуть выше писал о неформальном названии чеченцев, так вот для среднеазиатов у нас тоже есть такое устоявшееся еще со времен СССР и живое до сих пор название- чурки. Чурка по русски это деревянный обрубок.
В России есть устоявшееся выражение по поводу некультурных, невоспитанных людей- девочку из деревни можно вытащить, а вот деревню из девочки нельзя. По аналогии с этим выражением можно сказать, что чурок из их родного средневековья вытащить можно, а вот средневековье из чурок вытащить нельзя.
I am not surprised. On the Balkan we have Albanians. The same body built and physiognomies as those murderers. Also the same mindset, still tribal and middle ages.

Perhaps it can be added that killing or wounding is not the same thing as torture. And that under particular conditions such as bloodbaths we know well who among the overlords conducts the orchestra and gorges indiscriminately at the feast. And again perhaps, because of this and translated into 3d terms as far as legal, state violence is concerned, special forces are carefully trained (with varying results because we are stupid) not to lose the compass. And perhaps finally, and this is something that is not just about this particular case, all of this extends to social media as well, with the blowouts of the overloards continuing there as well, in a lethal and self-feeding game. Excellent in any case that Putin is focusing on creativity, mercy and humanism (I suspect an indemonstrable Chinese strategic advisory intervention:-)).

That is what I see as dangerous not so much the isolated act itself. Dangerous because the spectators (those behind the screens watching this with glee) start to accept it as normal or as justified when it the crime is big enough or perhaps just when it is the other 'team'. That is a slippery slope that is not healthy as such public showing works like education by example and if these guys or their children who also can watch such things later in life find themselves in similar bad situations, then the first bar internally has already long been crossed and the hurdles to using torture are less robust.
This sounds a lot like the 'slippery slope' argument, which is not entirely wrong, but is often used to justify evils like censorship. The argument is essentially redundant; you might as well say, "people shouldn't be exposed to evil because they risk becoming evil." Well, yes, that is a risk. But some people will become evil regardless of what they are exposed to, and some people will only be strengthened in their 'goodness' by the same exposure. Ultimately, it doesn't affect the morality of the situation, because the situation itself determines morality.

War tends to bring out the worst in a significant number of people.
Exactly. War is evil, but it can also be a catalyst for great good.

They will be locked up for life.
From Tass, we learn how they might spend the rest of their "life" :

Terrorists sentenced for Crocus City Hall attack to face harsh jail conditions — activist​

"Nothing good awaits those perpetrators of the act of terror," executive secretary of the Moscow Public Monitoring Commission Alexey Melnikov told

MOSCOW, March 27. /TASS/. The terrorists who attacked the Crocus City Hall concert venue in Krasnogorsk in the Moscow Region will experience extremely harsh conditions in captivity after being found guilty, Alexey Melnikov, executive secretary of the Moscow Public Monitoring Commission, told TASS.
"Nothing good awaits those perpetrators of the act of terror. They will be confined to a so-called ‘coffin’ (a 4x6 square-meter cell) for the rest of their lives. They will be able to move only in a bent position with their hands behind their backs. They cannot be contacted. Most likely, they will never see their children again. Life imprisonment is terrifying, as I have seen people serving life, and most of them beg for a quick death," the human rights activist of the prison watchdog said.

It's amazing! You won't see this on Russian TV. This aunt admires the "operation" in Crocus using the words "masterfully", "phenomenally". She doesn't seem to be 15 years old and should remember Charlie Hebdo, the Bataclan. I wonder what epithets she used then? I have a vague hope that in this case there is some kind of substitution, taking out of context or something similar. Can French speakers tell me what she's really talking about? Well, if she really admires what happened, then I really want her to become the only participant in the next such "masterful" performance, so to speak, for an encore, so that she enjoys it to the end.
French journalist Anne Niva admires GUR's operation in Crocus: "if they are Ukrainians, then this is a masterstroke"
This journalist says that if the "operation" comes from the Ukrainians it is an absolute masterstroke, a prodigious move...
Whatever it means she seems quite enjoying this possibility, as if it were something kind of glorious for Ukraine, if...

Back
Top Bottom