The Ladykillers

Mark

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
This movie stars Tom Hanks as a southern gentlemen, or at least that's the mask he wears. The guy is a con artist and everything that goes along with that mentality. The basic plot is that Hanks tries to trick a lady into using her home as a base to steal something. For the most part the movie reminds me of Maynerd. Funny how it all works out in the end too!

Based on the Ealham comedy with the legendary Alec Guinness. Possibly the only actor in the Star Wars films to hate what he did.

Funny that you brought up star wars like that - Harrison Ford hated being Han Solo and figured the character should have been removed from the saga after the first movie, and strangely I had a dream last night about them discussing making episodes 7-9 which would require Harrison Ford to come back -> he didn't seem happy about it my dream ... go figure *shruggs*

I never knew that about HF, I know AG hated it because he'd 'be remembered for a space opera film rather than any other film', this includes the Ealham comedies, Bridge on the River Kwai, etc

that's okay - I didn't know about AG till I read your post - secretly though I hope there is a measure of truth to my dream and HF gets over it - cause I loved that character, and I would love to see the episodes 7-9 - lol. I wouldn't think it would be bad though to be remembered for being in star wars - particularly episodes 4-6 which are still in my opinion some of the best examples of what hollywood could offer ...

[ edit - added latter rather than adding a new post ]

I loved Obi Wan, in some ways he's like the star wars equivalent of merlin - the imperfect wizard and all that who is more meaningful BECAUSE of his mistakes and flaws ...

There's a rumour that during the filming, to help George Lucas out, Sir Alec took a paycut - the trade-off being a small part of a percentage of the takings...

Also Luke was dressed as a journeyman - white to represent the fool/novice in A New Hope, Beige to represent someone learning the craft (obviously not well enough as shown in the end battle) in Empire Strikes Back and finally the master (this season black is the new black they say) in Return Of The Jedi. Funnily enough the last film was meant to be 'Revenge Of The Jedi' but obviously it's not what Jedi do! (There is still some promo stuff around with the 'revenge' tag.)

Back
Top Bottom