The Lost Hegemon - F. William Engdahl

Woodsman

The Living Force
I just had this book cross my path, and spent the last couple of days engrossed in it...

The Lost Hegemon: Whom the gods would destroy by F. William Engdahl

It provides a tight and exacting summary of the West's use of radical Islam to dominate the map of Eurasia since the last century. Fascinating stuff!

There's a chapter at the end which details some of the up to the moment, (well, as of 2016), efforts to project the force of Islamic Jihad against China through the Xinjiang entry point and the Uyghur population.

And we're seeing that propaganda now, (I fell for it myself), where the U.S. propaganda machine likes to irritate a region, and if those people fight back, to frame that response as Nazism in new clothes. "Look! They're running camps!" -But what do you do when thousands of radicalized violent Jihadists are threatening your country?

Anyway, I'm reading this book in an effort to get a handle on understanding how things all work. The broad patterns I pretty much already accepted, but the play by play makes for engaging learning; I don't want to skip forward even though I feel like I'm up to speed on the broad concepts, (I'm not, it turns out) and I'm finding the resulting knowledge crystalization very valuable indeed.

Endgahl has come up here and been discussed before, but I didn't see this particular book referenced. I've gotten a lot out of it, and can recommend it.

The link above provides a free-to-download (and legal it appears), .pdf file.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Woodsman, I have read quite a bit from Engdahl, mostly articles published by Global Research - generally well written and well researched. I haven’t read this one, it’s nbow on my (evewr growing) list.

Thanks!

Thank you Woodsman. I read as much as possible his articles also in Global Research and find them super interesting and very clear, he is I think a bright journalist and a good writer. I was looking his bibliography and he wrote also a book about China: "Target China: How Washington and Wall Street Plan to Cage the Asian Dragon". So he is really a good reference in these days!

The book you are reading is surely very important to understand what is happening now in this planet. Another book to put in the list! :lkj:

Back
Top Bottom