The Obama Campaign - The Orwellian Nightmare

I have mixed feelings about having come to the conclusion that the Obama ticket is an elaborate ruse at worst and an enormous, meaningless psychic band aid at best. A part of me would certainly like to 'identify' with this phenomenon and join in the hype and revelry but it's becoming crystal clear that despite the appearances to the contrary, the Obama campaign has little to do with anything beyond serving the strategic interests of the Powers That Be. As much as some part of me would love to be excited about today's events, realistically I cannot. Besides lacking in any real substance, his campaign may even be the political equivalent of a ''straw man''. It's been particularly painful for me to come to these realizations but I suppose this is a side effect of choosing to live in reality.

Many people these days are already breaking out the champaign and party favors in anticipation of a 'regime change' in Washington come November. First of all it seems clear that the Republican's and their evil puppet masters have not at all given up hope of winning power in November. Pairing John McCain, a liberal leaning Republican/decorated war veteran with a couple of right wing nut jobs like Huckabee and Romney and a pie-in-the-sky no chance like Ron Paul all but handed him the nomination. Encouraged by the sly mainstream media, everyone is so quick to discount the Republicans in November, but that stance makes no sense whatsoever. McCain is obviously a viable candidate especially against Clinton (I mean that would be just too easy) but also very much against Obama. The United States loves it's war heroes and let's not forget that Bush managed to win twice and he never stepped foot in Vietnam or any other battlefield. Wait until the vivid details of McCain's torture at the hands of the Viet Cong start to leak out.The feel good nature of Democratic multicultural liberalism at its height with the “black man” (who's really ½ white) and the “white woman” (Nixon with pearls and lipstick) is clearly an elaborate window dressing and it's sad more people haven't realized this. People who should be, who need to be demanding real, substantial change have been placated and lulled by this liberal kumbaya moment farce. Only in this country could such a contrivance, the political equivalent of an infomercial, be mistaken for genuine 'Democracy' in action, whatever that is.

I'm sure this country is no stranger to political manipulation but with the Obama campaign I just sense something so unfortunate and intentionally misleading on an Orwellian level that it would be funny if it were not so serious. Obama makes everybody feel good - “Look, our country is healing” “We're not all raving, foaming at the mouth cross burning lunatics” “See how far we've come as a nation” etcetera. He appeals to so many emotional parts of people, their hopes and dreams, their secret desires, their guilt alleviation fantasies etcetera. By merging aspects of Lincoln, JFK, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., and various Muppet characters the Obama phenomenon amounts to not much more than a wanton emotional manipulation of the American public.

After Hurricane Katrina and the gross scenes of bodies floating down the streets of New Orleans many people in this country and all over the world looked at the United States and either rolled their eyes in disgust or literally forced back vomit. And now lo and behold, here comes Obama, the great 'black' hope, the panacea, the proof that this is more than a country of an unspoken economic caste system that encourages low income tax paying citizens to live in the most hazardous, unprotected and run down sections of major cities near neglected, faulty levies. Obama is supposed to 'prove' something profound and optimistic to us all, he's categorized himself as the harbinger of 'real change you can believe in'. It's just too convenient, and I'm not buying it. All the problems of this country are seemingly meant to melt away before Obama's advance and the group-think power of the 'revival' atmosphere. And black people as a group and many others are being blinded by a very effective emotional smoke screen that's distracting from the real issues and glossing over very real, very severe problems that still exist in this country, problems that require a dramatic systemic retooling not token gestures of inclusion and progressiveness. And if the change the Obama campaign is selling doesn't materialize, if he doesn't win the horse race against McCain, what then? Mass depression? Weeping and gnashing of teeth? Chasms of bitterness and reproach? Riots? Of course I'm sure there would be a lot of rioting and some kind of crack down. And plenty of negative energy to go around. If he does manage to win with the help of his elite money bags supporters he'll simply be a hollow monument to some sort of fictitious moral pinnacle this country has finally reached. Worse still he'll be yet another bought and paid for tool albeit of a different color, a house Negro allowed to jingle the keys to the castle and sit at the fancy table with his masters.

Whether he wins or not it's a lose/lose situation but...nobody sees it this way. Republican's are strangely glib and smug and everyone else is so glassy eyed with excitement it's down right scary. I'm extremely worried...

_http://obamamessiah.blogspot.com/ .......:shock:

The election of Presidents in the US today serves the purpose of further manipulating and confusing public perception, it has nothing to do with any policy that may or may not be followed.

As in all other major world nations, administrations in the US today do not get to chose their policies. So it matters not who is elected or unelected. The real "deciders", at least at the level above the administration, are the faceless bankers, without whose services no government could function.

Joe

i am befuddled as to how anyone can think obama is actually going to become president. if i know my america, there is a snowball's chance in hell that a black man will be elected. racism is so deeply ingrained into the country - no matter what the PC police try to make everyone say - i mean there was still segregation going on in the 70's! (today it's more of an indirect segregation by economical means)

and the rich white men in charge of the country/the world are most certainly elitist racists.

so i wonder what the outcome of the obama-story is going to be.
here are some scenarios that have been spooking around in my head.

a) before the election, another false-flag event will be the excuse for bush to declare martial law and install himself permanently

b) obama will be the frontrunner but they will pull a JFK/MLK/RFK/malcolm X on him - widespread unrest in the country will be the excuse for martial law

c) obama will actually become president (via actual votes or fraud) and will be left to deal with the incredible mess the bush admin has created (economic collapse, perpetual wars, etc.) - a clever little ploy by the 'rich white men' to pin the end of the american empire on 'the black man'

d) since a black man will be obviously unelectable to large parts of the country, mccain will be the easy winner, no matter what the media hype will be before the election

When was the last time you lived in the United States? I am asking because your profile says you live in Austria.

The race situation has changed a lot in the last twenty years.

Iconoclast said:
i am befuddled as to how anyone can think obama is actually going to become president. if i know my america, there is a snowball's chance in hell that a black man will be elected. racism is so deeply ingrained into the country - no matter what the PC police try to make everyone say - i mean there was still segregation going on in the 70's! (today it's more of an indirect segregation by economical means)

Iconoclast said:

and the rich white men in charge of the country/the world are most certainly elitist racists.

so i wonder what the outcome of the obama-story is going to be.
here are some scenarios that have been spooking around in my head.

a) before the election, another false-flag event will be the excuse for bush to declare martial law and install himself permanently

b) obama will be the frontrunner but they will pull a JFK/MLK/RFK/malcolm X on him - widespread unrest in the country will be the excuse for martial law

c) obama will actually become president (via actual votes or fraud) and will be left to deal with the incredible mess the bush admin has created (economic collapse, perpetual wars, etc.) - a clever little ploy by the 'rich white men' to pin the end of the american empire on 'the black man'

d) since a black man will be obviously unelectable to large parts of the country, mccain will be the easy winner, no matter what the media hype will be before the election
Believe me, I was as surprised as anyone when I realized Obama really has a 'chance' of breaking through the glass ceiling, but the way I see it, it's more about marketing a product to the American people and emotional manipulation than about offering any real substantial change of policies. Looking at your list of possible outcomes, my gut tells me d) is more likely than any of the others but unfortunately they're all likely circumstances.

His appeal across the pond gives some credibility to the idea of his campaign being more than just a fluke. Reports of 'Obama mania' in Europe -

_http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/01/06/europe/berlin.php

_http://www.morgenpost.de/content/2008/01/05/politik/940018.html

The new JFK...? wow :/

Iconoclast wrote
racism is so deeply ingrained into the country

Racism is everywhere globally , the U.S. dont own this . Its not countries that are racist but people.

At ground level , there is a lot of it about. Ignorant sleepyheaded humans like to attack any thing thats diffirent , whether it be the colour of a skin, eyes, the way one speaks , the food they eat , gender, in fact just about anything.

Thats how stupid we are , and how we are easily manipulated.

I personally care not who "wins" an election" its all over as far as I can see. 99.99 % of we humans are faulty goods who dont see that much wrong in how they / we live.Now and again we shrug our shoulders , but we carry on the way we always have done.

A vote for any one is just a vote for the same old same old.

Just my opinion of course.

Lobaczewski said:
Much too common is the pattern of error which reasons that purportedly autocratic leaders of countries affected by this pathocracy actually possess decision-making powers in areas which they in fact do not. Millions of people, including ministers and members of parliaments, ponder the dilemma of whether such a ruler could not, under certain circumstances, modify his convictions somewhat and relinquish his dreams of conquering the world; they continue hope that this will be the eventual outcome. People with personal experience in such a system may attempt to persuade them that their dreams, although decent, lack a foundation in reality, but at the same time they sense a lack of concrete arguments on their part. Such an explanation is in fact impossible within the realm of the natural language of psychological concepts; only an objective comprehension of the historical phenomenon and its essentially deviant nature permits light to be shed upon the causes of the perennial deceitfulness of this macrosocial pathological phenomenon.

The actions of this phenomenon affect an entire society, starting with the leaders and infiltrating every village, small town, factory, business, or farm. The pathological social structure gradually covers the entire country, creating a “new class” within that nation. This privileged class of deviants feels permanently threatened by the “others”, i.e. by the majority of normal people. Neither do the pathocrats entertain any illusions about their personal fate should there be a return to the system of normal man.

DonaldJHunt said:
When was the last time you lived in the United States? I am asking because your profile says you live in Austria.

The race situation has changed a lot in the last twenty years.

Iconoclast said:
I don't think it has changed at all. I am a caucasian male and my last name is "Nigro". It was just a year ago that I was left voicemail (somebody probably seen my listing in the phonebook) calling me N*gger, and telling me to go back to Africa. Even face-to-face encounters turn uncomfortable when my name come up. Here is how every phone solicitation goes at my home:
SOLICITOR: "Hello, my name is blankity-blank from SomeGreedyCompany, may I speak to Mr. Negro please".

ME: "Yes, this is Mr. NIGRO speaking....."

SOLICITOR: "OK, Mr. NEGRO (laughter).... blah blah blah...."

ME: My name is "NIIIIIIIGRO"

SOLICITOR: "OK, NEGRO......"

When I was born, my mom (being 16) needed food stamps. When she went to social services and her name was called over the loud speaker, an African American woman sitting next to my mom said to her "WHAT? Mrs. NEGRO - you married to a black man or something"?

Last story - I'm rambling, but this is a big topic in my life.
I went to a trade show in DC a few years ago. When I was going to the train station to get back home, I was approached by a homeless man. He asked me for a smoke and I gave him five cigarettes. He then told me his life story and I listened: it was interesting. He then asked me if I could spare some change - I gave him 20 dollars. He thanked me. He blessed me. He then made one more request. He said to me "son, I want you to do one more thing for me. I want you to look me in the eye and say to me 'shut the f*ck up n*gger'. I was beyond perplexed. I responded that I would not honor that request because I was called that word my whole life and I did not like it and I did not think that he likes it either. He says to me, "boy, who be callin; you, a white boy, n*gger"? I pulled out my driver's license and pointed out my last name to him. He replies, "OH MY LORD, YOU MUST COME WITH ME RIGHT NOW!" I asked where we were going and he said that we are going to see the "Brown Shirts". The Brown Shirts? Whaaaaaat? So I follow him into the train station and there is a raised platform with about 20 police standing on it - they're all wearing brown shirts (unlike the blue shirts that police the outside of the station). He marches me up to the podium, puts his arm around me and yells "Attention Police, Attention Passengers, THIS IS MY NEW FRIEND AND HE'S A N*GGER JUST LIKE ME"!

Now, I have no idea what that was all about, nor do I know why I find myself in these situations, but the truth of the matter is that racism is still an issue today. People of color and/or people with colorful names are still treated differently. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it is very clear to me that racism is prevalent and twisted, especially from the perspective of a white man with a black name like me.

Bake this noodle if necessary.

Obama's skin colour will be irrelevant if the PTB believe he will be useful to them. Just like Condeleeza Rice and Colin Powell....

Well, it has changed a lot in the part of the country I live in. Plus the racist vote is usually about 30% in any country and those folks vote Republican, so a Democrat doesn't need them to win. But the point really is is that if the Powers That Be who control the media and who count the votes want the country to "vote" for a black man the country WILL vote for a black man. And Obama is being used to "rebrand" the empire, to be an inspiring, multicultural front man. You don't think Zbigniew Brzeznski would back someone who doesn't have a chance to "win" do you?

DonaldJ said:
Well, it has changed a lot in the part of the country I live in.
Just a note that this is kind of a silly statement for a white man to make. How would you really know such a thing - not being on the receiving end of racism?

Racism/bigotry is a subversive, often subconscious thing - being on the receiving end of it is the best way (if not the only way) to understand just how insidious and pervasive it is.

Other than that minuscule observation, the person who will take over the reigns in the US will be no different from the person who has the reigns now - we know this - no matter his/her skin color or what he/she says into the microphones.

anart said:
Racism/bigotry is a subversive, often subconscious thing - being on the receiving end of it is the best way (if not the only way) to understand just how insidious and pervasive it is.
Yes, for everyone else, it is only their perception of racism (or classism, or sexism) that "changes". The first question that must be asked is "Am I actually perceiving objective reality, or am I merely being manipulated into believing a change has taken place?" Who benefits from the change in perception? Just because a barrier has been converted from brick to transparent glass does not mean that it no longer exists.

anart said:
...the person who will take over the reigns in the US will be no different from the person who has the reigns now - we know this - no matter his/her skin color or what he/she says into the microphones.
Very well said. That is the one and only thing we can can be sure of regarding the upcoming "election"....

DonaldJHunt said:
I don't think this is a fair question, as you yourself deny the information where you are from to others in your profile.

Because white men get to hear other white men talking freely about such things, that's why.

If you look at the litmus test, interracial marriage rates, plus poll results about what people think of interracial marriages, there has been a lot of change in the last twenty years.

anart said:
DonaldJ said:
Well, it has changed a lot in the part of the country I live in.
Just a note that this is kind of a silly statement for a white man to make. How would you really know such a thing - not being on the receiving end of racism?

Other than that minuscule observation, the person who will take over the reigns in the US will be no different from the person who has the reigns now - we know this - no matter his/her skin color or what he/she says into the microphones.

DonaldJHunt said:
Because white men get to hear other white men talking freely about such things, that's why.

If you look at the litmus test, interracial marriage rates, plus poll results about what people think of interracial marriages, there has been a lot of change in the last twenty years.
I agree that white men hear things that no one would dare to say in front of a minority. Having been in an interracial relationship for the past 16 years has given me a little perspective on racism as well.
Several of my relatives and coworkers have surprised me over the years with their racist notions.

Back
Top Bottom