The place of children in the family daily life

Hello there.
I am wondering what should be the place of a child in the family daily life, the family/group enterprise?
I have the feeling, in this society, that the child thinks his like a king, that he has nothing to do in the family, because, he didn't ask to born, and so, the parents have to do everything, everything, like slaves!
What do you think of it? I think they don't have the consciousness, as i didn't have, because, to know things, you have to live them, and sometimes, the way the parents try to make the children invest themselves is bad, so, they want to escape this duty.

So, what should be the place of the child in the family?

Well, thank you, peace.

I remember being very upset and screaming tha I did not want to be born, how did I know that as a child.? Then again , the parent steps in and teaches the child that the universe does not revolve around him../her, discipline is not instinctive, the parents are there to teach and guide the child

I thought the same way, but my grandmother would often explain the troubles of children in worse situations. It worked though. I actually felt blessed, even though I still aspired to want and have more than my share. She was lucky enough to draw comparisons to other children around me who had far less than I did, or to compare me to the children in the 'this is christmas' adverts asking for charity.

It would have been nice to be told that I actually chose to come here and wanted this experience to learn, to grow intellectually and spiritually and to help others do the same, but she stuck stubbornly to catholic tropes imposed onto her by the residential school she attended, and made me believe that I had to attain divine reward by being allowed to go to heaven.

This started a sort of double think on everything I did, as I actually believed god was watching. This eventually grew into disdain and spite.

But to answer your question, I believe the place of a child is first to allow them to understand and accept our responsibilities as sentient, physical creatures. And to be gracious for this chance at life, to ensure that this chance can continue for other 'souls', by respecting the space around us and most of all, each other.

Does that make sense? If a child could understand this, then they can use their individual creative expression in an effort to promulgate this idea or concept.

I also think it would be easier to accept this as a child instead of finding it the way I did, some years after I became karmically entwined into more debt.

Thank you for your answers!
+Yeah, this resonates inside of me. I feel it, yeah. But, the societal machinery system is against this idea i think! :)

Back
Top Bottom