The post-apocalyptic psychopath - "The bad man"

meta-agnostic

Jedi Master
I hope this is the right place for this. I posted about this guy's blog in the Preparedness thread https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,21375.405.html (not much activity in that thread lately. I guess everyone is all prepared physically and spiritually for the apocalypse this year or next. I can't wait ;D )

_http://shtfschool.com/

He's a blogger who is a survivor of the Balkan/former Yugoslavian wars and has taken to blogging about his experiences for the survival/prepper community. His latest entry deals with what he at one point refers to as "pretty much something like psychopath" but could refer to any number of the pathological personalities described in Political Ponerology:

_http://shtfschool.com/violence/types-of-real-survivalists-1/
Selco said:
Types of real survivalists: 1. The bad man
January 17, 2013

During SHTF I was jack of all trades. Resource gatherer, fighter and defender for my family and also just young man who wanted to enjoy life as good as possible in these problematic times.

In this and following articles I want to talk about different types of real survivalists. I dont want to judge here. If you have lived normal life you maybe only know glimpse of your survivor mindset. What kind of person you are when SHTF and you fight for survival. Important to know is that people show very different faces or mindsets when it comes to real survival.

Normal people like to think that everything can be solved with doing good, so they are trying to do good. Right now here it is not important are we talking about people who believe in God or not.

We all seen TV shows where preppers are showing their stuff, talking about their plans and things for time when SHTF.

I have seen lady, she is preparing for some possible scenario and showing her food storage and talk about her plans when SHTF. And she is storing whole lot of everything, much more than she and her family needs because as she explains there is gonna be whole lot of people who have lost everything and her plan is to help them.

I feel everything best for her, she is great person. Man who wants to help other people is good person, period.

But when SHTF she is going down. Sorry for being so “negative” but when people have to decide either they die or this nice lady for many answer is easy.

When SHTF things are upside down so it is not working like people imagined. We are all living our lives today aware that bad people exist, but that bad and evil kind is more or less (depending where we are living) controlled or locked away from the society. So we are actually not aware how many bad folks are around us. You might be living with one… yourself.

When SHTF I was rudely awaken from the illusion, actually my illusion was shattered to pieces when I saw what “normal” people did to just survive. So bad people will be around.
The bad man

I knew a guy before SHTF who was nobody. Ordinary worker from one of the industrial machine parts factory. Actually I did not really know him other from usually “hello” on the street, or football discussion sometimes in the neighborhood.

He lived alone, looked decent, and had a typical work and afterwards “coffee house / bar with friends” life. If someone asked me to describe him, I would say “just a guy from the neighborhood” or typical “normal dude”.

When SHTF, he emerged as one of the leader of local groups. And he was popular, he had something that make people want to follow him. Problem was that he had something that make bad kinds of people follow him. He was pretty much something like psychopath.

Murders, rape, robbing and everything else that goes with that was their way of life in that time. And to make things clear here I need to say that whenever I met him and his group out on the street I would go and hide even I knew him from his “former life” as normal guy.

This guy was now someone very different.

It was not a movie, I was prepared to confront them and fight only as a last option, but Batman was not living in the city in that time, even if he was there he probably would have given up so chances of superhero versus group of bag guys was not realistic.

How bad?

They liked to catch sometimes a guy and make him run over the open space where snipers were active, if the guy survived that (rarely) then they shoot at him. If he survived that shooting too, then he would live. He called that “God will decide are you going to live or die”.

Some people have certain type of charisma, and he had lot of it. When you add fact that he was bad, or evil if you like you got explosive combination. He was something like bad kind of hero, man who weak people want to follow. And they will obey his command. Also when you add fact that he provide security and food for them that counts too.

I was once in their nest, or headquarters if you like to call it like that. That was place like taken from weird fairy tales, or like some drug induced nightmare.

On the ceiling there is a big disco ball, on the wall there is a big target drawn with paint with holes from bullets. Some women were laying on the couch giggling, drunk or high watching at me.

On the floor in one corner one man was laying, I was not sure is he dead, drunk or just sleeping, I passed around him careful. I was “wearing” my “I do not care” look because in situation like that if you show fear you may find yourself in bad situation, for example guys could make practicing target out of you just for fun.

Also to look to bold was not good idea.

He was sitting in the bus seat taken from somewhere, and he had hat on his head, kind that you wear with tuxedo. If that all was movie that i was watching i would laugh a lot. But it was not a movie and I did not laugh.

My friend who brought me there introduce me to him and told him that I need MREs. That friend suppose to be something like my protection or something similar, but very soon I realized that I just like everyone else there were depending on his good will.

His first question to me was “are you going to her concert?” I was confused, then he showed me poster on the wall announcing some folk concert that happened year ago in some different world. I did not know what to say. He said ” I can get you tickets” And I said “OK thanks”.

Nobody smiles, some guy behind him were taken apart some machine gun and clean that with oil.

Anyway, we finished our deal, and I went home. While I went out he said “do not forget to pick up your tickets” with big fat smile.

I thought that he was crazy, but actually he was not crazy at all. He just had a big great time since SHTF, and enjoyed to terrify people to feel his power. He lived his dream where everything is allowed, where there is no punishment from society other then some other stronger and more wicked guy.

There is nothing deep and philosophical in that guy behavior and mindset. He was just a normal guy turned bad because he loved power and was in world without rules where he can play.

He lived on bad side and lived fast and evil life. He liked that SHTF situation, but SHTF did not create that guy, he was there all the time, his real character just waited for SHTF to come out and play.

After some time he ended up stabbed to death, and then burned. I also knew guy who did that and he was even worse than him.

Now this guy was not alone. When SHTF whole bunch of weird and sick folks emerged. Point is that you never know what kind of people living around you, or even with you. And to make things worse, as I said, this guy was something like “normal” guy before SHTF.

Besides those normal guys turned bad, there is a whole army of scum and criminals who are just waiting for SHTF to happen so they can go out and be something like small dictators.

You can be sure that they are perfectly prepared for that. They already living in their own version of criminal SHTF, with their rules. When real SHTF they gonna be ready for it, they just gonna jump out fully organized and ready to take over, go open, and be very mean.

I was surprised, I was like “why are so much mean and bad folks suddenly”. Answer is actually simple, bad people are all around us, some of them are aware of fact that they are bad like organized crime members, gangs etc. Others are gonna see SHTF like their chance to fulfill their secret wishes and indulge in power over others.

So no doubt once SHTF you run into bad man from time to time. More typical types of people who survived war in following articles and my course.

How do you expect will your local gang members or bad men be when SHTF?

Clearly he gained some knowledge of ponerology from his experience. And it will be interesting to see how this applies to whatever lies ahead for us although probably not the most pleasant aspect. I would imagine most people by virtue of being here see themselves helping people as much as they can during whatever tribulations await, but it's unlikely the psychopaths et al will all just go away or get "raptured up/down" not make it to 4D, whatever. We are likely going to have to deal with them during tougher times and it probably will not be fun. Has anyone spent time trying to reconcile this? There must be discussion of it somewhere. Maybe we will just do what we will do and it's all part of the test. I guess those of us still in heavily populated urban areas are pretty much asking for dealing with these types but you never know. Whatever lies ahead will not necessarily correlate directly to the war Selco lived through.

Good read m-a, thanks for that.

My current thinking is that the SHTF may take more the form of a controlled demolition. But that the PTB will make "good" use of gangs/criminals/psychopaths to keep fear factors high and control as much of the thinking/actions of the masses as possible.

Thanks for sharing meta-agnostic. It's interesting to read someone's account who actually experienced a SHTF situation first hand.

I can only attest to this part:

I passed around him careful. I was “wearing” my “I do not care” look because in situation like that if you show fear you may find yourself in bad situation, for example guys could make practicing target out of you just for fun.

Also to look to bold was not good idea.

I've been in similar situations on a smaller scale with less 'on the line' but still had to learn to act this way. No fear shown and the 'I do not care' look always seem to help if one gets too close to a group with similar dynamics. This is why when I lived in my native country, people I somewhat knew didn't give me much to worry about after a few years (it took me some time to come to these conclusions), people I didn't know, well, let's just say I got mugged 5 times in my hometown between the age of 12 and 18.

I guess there will be a certain amount of dealing with these types of overt psychopath's whose 'time has come', but the biggest enemy we face right now is the well armed PTB, with their legions of authoritarian followers and the people's reluctance to stand up to them, or even recognise their pathological nature.

Plus if we take into account all of the info so far on what may or may not happen, such as the comets and DNA mutations, this is not going to be just your standard SHTF! Maybe we will have to defend ourselves against the bad men, maybe it will be one big fight for survival, and just maybe we could form new groups and cooperations, armed with our knowledge of pathology. All of this possibly with less than a year for it to happen in, though that is based on nothing but one interpretation of a cryptic comment made by the C's.

However it seems things are going to get weirder and less 'linear' than any of us can predict, which is rather exciting.

What a chilling account. If TSHTF, I guess many of us may witness similar situations and need to navigate them.

Yes, thanks for sharing that scary account meta-agnostic. :scared: So even though many new psychopaths would being to find a new power in the chaos, I think such situations would provide many strong catalytic shocks to increase the number of awake people as well. Even if they would be the surreptitious type (such as the narrator) living in the shadow of the petty tyrants. Understanding psychological knowledge, and not believing the egotism of the natural worldview, seems to be the key to piercing the veil of civil unrest and finding a way back to the normal, human world.

It makes me think of those specific periods of history in which, according to Gurdjieff, "man cannot sleep," and they either start to wake up or begin tearing one another apart. C's also spoke of increasing polarization.

Laura said:
What a chilling account. If TSHTF, I guess many of us may witness similar situations and need to navigate them.

Indeed.

Carlise said:
I guess there will be a certain amount of dealing with these types of overt psychopath's whose 'time has come', but the biggest enemy we face right now is the well armed PTB, with their legions of authoritarian followers and the people's reluctance to stand up to them, or even recognise their pathological nature.

Plus if we take into account all of the info so far on what may or may not happen, such as the comets and DNA mutations, this is not going to be just your standard SHTF! Maybe we will have to defend ourselves against the bad men, maybe it will be one big fight for survival, and just maybe we could form new groups and cooperations, armed with our knowledge of pathology. All of this possibly with less than a year for it to happen in, though that is based on nothing but one interpretation of a cryptic comment made by the C's.

However it seems things are going to get weirder and less 'linear' than any of us can predict, which is rather exciting.

It definitely won't be the 'standard' SHTF. I'm wondering if it's possible that even with our knowledge of psychopathology, a potential petty tyrant could keep a mask on long enough even in our vicinity for when things 'calm down' - as in a plague scenario seen in Survivors e.g. - they 'rise above' and take their masks off.

Que sera, sera, we will need to be fully alert for 'It ain't over till it's over'.

whitecoast said:
It makes me think of those specific periods of history in which, according to Gurdjieff, "man cannot sleep," and they either start to wake up or begin tearing one another apart. C's also spoke of increasing polarization.

This reminds me of the quote that goes around the internet as a Cherokee fable about the two wolves inside everyone.

"Which wolf will win?"

The old chief simply replied,
"The one you feed."

I witnessed a similar phenomenon between 1989 and 1992. There were a series of earthquake, an economic crisis, mixed with political collapse. The whole mixture made society collapse into a dog-eat-dog situation and the people you used to know were not the same anymore, as if they were "possessed" or something. Psychopaths and their followers often (but not always) displayed something of an animal behaviour. Body language becomes important and if at any moment you show some fear, you are eaten.

mkrnhr said:
I witnessed a similar phenomenon between 1989 and 1992. There were a series of earthquake, an economic crisis, mixed with political collapse. The whole mixture made society collapse into a dog-eat-dog situation and the people you used to know were not the same anymore, as if they were "possessed" or something. Psychopaths and their followers often (but not always) displayed something of an animal behaviour. Body language becomes important and if at any moment you show some fear, you are eaten.

I guess we all better be damn sure of who our real friends and allies are then. I've already got an inkling of what some of my acquaintances will be like when the gloves come off and the referee steps out of the ring. It really is harrowing to know that there are people living and working with us, with this highly disturbed psychological landscape, and all it will take is a shock big enough to bring out their true self. Forewarned is fore-armed I guess.

mkrnhr said:

In this respect, it is useful to read Haffner's "Defying Hitler" for the things he noted about his "friends" as the Nazis took over. I expect that those were just early warning signals. May be useful for getting a clue about who is who or what at an earlier stage.

Selco said:
I thought that he was crazy, but actually he was not crazy at all. He just had a big great time since SHTF, and enjoyed to terrify people to feel his power. He lived his dream where everything is allowed, where there is no punishment from society other then some other stronger and more wicked guy.

There is nothing deep and philosophical in that guy behavior and mindset. He was just a normal guy turned bad because he loved power and was in world without rules where he can play.

He lived on bad side and lived fast and evil life. He liked that SHTF situation, but SHTF did not create that guy, he was there all the time, his real character just waited for SHTF to come out and play.

After some time he ended up stabbed to death, and then burned. I also knew guy who did that and he was even worse than him.

Now this guy was not alone. When SHTF whole bunch of weird and sick folks emerged. Point is that you never know what kind of people living around you, or even with you. And to make things worse, as I said, this guy was something like “normal” guy before SHTF.

Besides those normal guys turned bad, there is a whole army of scum and criminals who are just waiting for SHTF to happen so they can go out and be something like small dictators.

You can be sure that they are perfectly prepared for that. They already living in their own version of criminal SHTF, with their rules. When real SHTF they gonna be ready for it, they just gonna jump out fully organized and ready to take over, go open, and be very mean.

I was surprised, I was like “why are so much mean and bad folks suddenly”. Answer is actually simple, bad people are all around us, some of them are aware of fact that they are bad like organized crime members, gangs etc. Others are gonna see SHTF like their chance to fulfill their secret wishes and indulge in power over others.

This is straight out of Ponerology. Pathologicals and their 'dream' of a better world, without the social restraints of this one. As psychopathic as our culture is, I think it still pales in comparison to this 'dream'. Unmasked, unmitigated horror.

Laura said:
In this respect, it is useful to read Haffner's "Defying Hitler" for the things he noted about his "friends" as the Nazis took over. I expect that those were just early warning signals. May be useful for getting a clue about who is who or what at an earlier stage.

Knowledge about psychology and Ponerology becomes a matter of survival, especially in the dire situation to be faced soon. Those who still believe in such things as "we are created equal" will be the first victims because their internal radar is switched off. Those who expect alliances based on political, ethnic, or any other social criteria will face unexpected backstabbing. It is really between a minority of people with sane psyches and a whole ponerized mess.

mkrnhr said:
Laura said:

Knowledge about psychology and Ponerology becomes a matter of survival, especially in the dire situation to be faced soon. Those who still believe in such things as "we are created equal" will be the first victims because their internal radar is switched off. Those who expect alliances based on political, ethnic, or any other social criteria will face unexpected backstabbing. It is really between a minority of people with sane psyches and a whole ponerized mess.

Yes, and these marginal folks will be more than happy to provide as many nazi-like denunciations of their neighbors as the mad system can accommodate.

MA said:
During SHTF I was jack of all trades.

For the ones who wonder, SHTF stands for "Sh** Hits The Fan", an idiom meaning "when things go bad".

Belibaste said:
MA said:
During SHTF I was jack of all trades.

For the ones who wonder, SHTF stands for "Sh** Hits The Fan", an idiom meaning "when things go bad".

Yes, I had to look it up to figure it out, and I still wasn't sure that was how people were using the term in this thread :-[ Thanks Belibaste.

Back
Top Bottom