The Red Pill - Cassie Jaye Documentary

Turgon

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
This documentary was just made available for free on Youtube. Cassie Jaye, who was a self-described feminist took a lot of heat for this film which is a feminist's journey and take into the Men's Rights Movement. She had a really interesting talk on Ted where she describes how the process of making the film caused her to shift her perspective. I've only seen the first 30 minutes but very interesting so far, so maybe it's worth sharing?

Cassie Jaye's 'Red Pill' documentary too truthful for feminists to tolerate -- Sott.net

'The Red Pill: The movie about men that feminists didn't want you to see.' This was the provocative headline that ran in Britain's The Telegraph last November, a teaser for a documentary made by a feminist filmmaker who planned to take on men's rights activists but was won over and crossed to the dark side to take up their cause.

Despite a ferocious campaign to stop the movie being made, it's finally been released and the Australian screening was due next week in Melbourne. However, the gender warriors have struck again, using a change.com petition to persuade Palace Cinemas to cancel the booking. Palace took the decision after being told the movie would offend many in its core audience but by yesterday 8000 had signed petitions protesting the ban. Organisers are now scrambling to find another venue.

Clearly this documentary has the feminists very worried - with good reason. Cassie Jaye is an articulate, 29-year-old blonde whose previous movies on gay marriage and abstinence education won multiple awards. But then she decided to interview leaders of the Men's Rights Movement for a documentary she was planning about rape culture on American campuses. As a committed feminist, Jaye expected to be unimpressed by these renowned hate-filled misogynists, but to her surprise she was exposed to a whole range of issues she came to see as unfairly stacked against men and boys.

The video (for me) starts to play here for a few seconds and then stops and says "Sorry, there is an error licensing this video"

Hmm, try this link and see if it works. I reloaded it and it works fine on my end :huh:

Video is blocked in France

For all the talk of globalization, they sure are cracking down on regional availability of videos, which is relatively new as far as I can tell.

Yes, all good.
On second thought, "Yes, all good." it just reverted back to the same thing (could see the video frames by skimming along the bar though).

Sometimes it seem for anything controversial, that the YouTube days are numbered.

Excellent, excellent documentary. She really is a brave woman for not only confronting her own beliefs but for also showing that she is led by a search for truth and not for feelings.

On second thought, "Yes, all good." it just reverted back to the same thing (could see the video frames by skimming along the bar though).

Sometimes it seem for anything controversial, that the YouTube days are numbered.

Try doing a youtube search for The Red Pill and see if it doesn't come up in some of your immediate searches. By all rights, it should work for you seeing as we are in the same country so there shouldn't be the same issue Kisito has.

Try doing a youtube search for The Red Pill and see if it doesn't come up in some of your immediate searches. By all rights, it should work for you seeing as we are in the same country so there shouldn't be the same issue Kisito has.

Not sure what's up with that either, however:

It works here :

Yes, that embedded video works, so great!

Thanks jsf.

Reactions: jsf
At first while viewing had quickly realized, at some point, there must have been a trailer viewed previously on this documentary. However, then it was recalled it must have been the conversation with Erin Pizzey from a 2017 SOTT article:

With Pizzey, that part alone was most revealing.

As for the whole documentary, Beau sums it up perfectly, imo.

Excellent, excellent documentary. She really is a brave woman for not only confronting her own beliefs but for also showing that she is led by a search for truth and not for feelings.

Well presented, and indeed it was apparent that Cassie Jaye was confronting her deep seeded believes. Good on her!

Had checked up on Cassie Jaye the other day and was saddened to see her blog discussing the death of her dear friend, Marc Angelucci. Apparently, Marc was gunned down in front of is home - murdered. No motive was described.

Cassie had said of Marc that he "was one of the first people I interviewed for The Red Pill". She also said:

The last time Marc and I spoke was on July 1st, just 10 days before his death. The last time I saw him was on my wedding day (he was only 1 of 2 people I invited to my wedding who were in The Red Pill).

The whole post of Cassie's is here below:

I’m at a loss for the right words, but I’ll do my best.

One of my dearest friends and the most brilliant and good-hearted person to dedicate his life to justice for men and boys, Marc Angelucci, was murdered yesterday in front of his home in California.

News reports say: “52-year-old Marc Angelucci was found non-responsive and suffering from gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene. A motive for the shooting is unknown.”

I first met Marc in 2013. He was one of the first people I interviewed for The Red Pill. He had an undergraduate degree from UC Berkeley, a law degree from UCLA Law and when he saw one of his closest friends being physically abused by his wife and then denied access to resources because he was a man, Marc began investigating. He never initially planned on being a “men’s rights attorney” (as I labeled him in my film), but his big heart wouldn’t let him turn his back on good, innocent people needing legal counsel. The more he worked on these cases, the more he learned how unjust the system was. In his 20 years of practicing law, he became one of the most sought after and effective attorneys to fight on behalf of men (and women) in cases where gender discrimination was apparent, such as cases involving: child custody, divorce, paternity laws, domestic violence services, criminal sentencing, military conscription, public benefits, false accusations and education. What really shows his big heart is that most of the work he did was pro bono. He couldn’t not help people who were so clearly being taken advantage of and abused by the system, so he volunteered his time and work for their right to justice.

The last time Marc and I spoke was on July 1st, just 10 days before his death. The last time I saw him was on my wedding day (he was only 1 of 2 people I invited to my wedding who were in The Red Pill).

When we met 7 years ago, I never thought he would become such a big part of my life and my heart, but he really became like family to me. Although I’ve met so many wonderful people through making The Red Pill, there’s not very many I see eye-to-eye with 100% of the time, but I could always stand behind Marc 100% of the time. The more I got to know him, the more I realized he was truly an angel on Earth who only had goodness in his heart, was always honorable in the work he did, and he was really the one person that could truly enact legal change on state and federal levels on behalf of men and boys. He won so many cases that few would be willing to touch and fewer would be willing to do pro bono, but he did it because it was the right thing to do.

I honestly don’t know anyone else like him and that scares me. Who will carry on his legacy? His death is tragic, it wasn’t his time, he was in the prime of his life. He’s been working on so many important legal cases lately and I’m sure he had even bigger work on the horizon. I don’t know who could do this to him – and to us, because we have lost a real life hero.

I love you, Marc. I miss you. We will not forget you. Rest in peace, dear friend.
1596083264571.png

R.I.P. Marc.

-------------------
Further:

CNN posits a possible link. NBC does not bring it up. The Mercury News, like CNN, looks to the possible link to the shooter, Roy Den Hollander, re the Judge Esther Salas shooting.

Authorities have evidence linking Roy Den Hollander, the men’s rights attorney suspected of shooting a federal judge’s family on Sunday, to the murder of another men’s rights activist in California last week, FBI Newark spokeswoman Doreen Holder confirmed.

“As the FBI continues the investigation into the attack at the home of US District Court Judge Esther Salas (District of New Jersey), we are now engaged with the San Bernardino California Sheriff’s Office and have evidence linking the murder of Marc Angelucci to FBI Newark subject Roy Den Hollander,” she said in an email to CNN.

Altogether, the FBI connection suggests that Den Hollander allegedly killed his perceived rival, attacked the family of a perceived judicial enemy and then killed himself.

Den Hollander was found dead on Monday from what two law enforcement sources said is believed to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound. An “anti-feminist” attorney with a long list of personal grievances and sexist and racist views, he is suspected of fatally shooting Salas’s son and injuring her husband at the family’s New Jersey home.

Back on July 11, Marc Angelucci, the 52-year-old vice president of the National Coalition for Men (NCFM), was found unresponsive and with apparent gunshot wounds just after 4 p.m. in Cedarpines Park, a community in southern California, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department.

Angelucci was pronounced dead at the scene. The NCFM said he was shot and killed in front of his home.

The suspect in Angelucci’s killing on July 11 was believed to be wearing a FedEx uniform, a source told CNN. Den Hollander also appears to have worn a FedEx uniform in the New Jersey shooting of the judge’s family, which killed her 20-year-old son and injured her husband, CNN has reported.

Back
Top Bottom