The Smartest Horse That Ever Lived

Thank you for sharing this video, SevenFeathers. I enjoyed it very much. :-)

It's touching and uplifting, and a fine peek into old time reality. I really hope there will be a film made out of this story. I think it deserves the widest possible audience. :thup:

That is an AMAZING story. I've gotta read the book!
Thank you for sharing this video, SevenFeathers. I enjoyed it very much. :-)

It's touching and uplifting, and a fine peek into old time reality. I really hope there will be a film made out of this story. I think it deserves the widest possible audience. :thup:

Yes, it is a very touching story. I look forward to reading the book. I came across this when I needed a lift (after reading all the bad news of the day) and it certainly gave me a spark that not all is bad in the world.

Oh wow, what a story! and well told, that's very important also. How this story is told to us. This is really a fantastic story. Thank you SevenFeathers!

Great and surprisingly touching and uplifting story, thank you. I saw this yesterday and it came to mind:

iccc3jjeu7v31.jpg

Looks like the story has already been made into a children's book in 2011.

Wonder Horse: The True Story of the Worlds Smartest Horse

The blurb on the book says:

In the late 1800s, former slave and veterinarian Bill "Doc" Key realized that his new foal, Jim, was no ordinary horse. Believing in the power of kindness and patience, Doc taught Jim to spell, recognize the primary colors, and even make change from a cash register!

Performing in shows across the country, Jim stunned audiences with his incredible skills. But when some people called Jim a fake, Doc set out to prove them wrong and to show the world that, thanks to the power of kindness and patience, Jim was truly a wonder horse.

Caldecott Medalist Emily Arnold McCully's account of this fascinating, true story comes alive in her striking illustrations.Wonder Horse is a 2011 Bank Street - Best Children's Book of the Year.

This is one of those times that I wish my niece, nephew and god-children were still littlies, sounds like a good book to read to them!
I think I'll still grab a copy for when they have kids.

To me, the story is mainly about what an extraordinary person Bill Key was. That man had a great soul and his life was an example for others. I just got goose bumps when it came to the part about his association with the humane society and how he, via this great horse, inspired millions of children to pledge to treat animals kindly. It was kind of a quantum leap or something in awareness for much of society.

Looks like the story has already been made into a children's book in 2011.

Wonder Horse: The True Story of the Worlds Smartest Horse

The blurb on the book says:

This is one of those times that I wish my niece, nephew and god-children were still littlies, sounds like a good book to read to them!
I think I'll still grab a copy for when they have kids.

The kid's book is available on openlibrary.org

What an extra-ordinary story! It shows us there´s no limit for the wonders we might be co-creating when coming in touch with our deepest reality and chosing to honor it with our truest potential.

As I´m saying this, it also reminds me of all these groups (actually rather small) protesting against killing and eating animals, and here is another huge reality shift I´m experiencing when thinking about the enhanced effect those pamphlets would provoke in these people nowadays, and the elites behind them wallowing and taking advantage of "innocent" people´s mindset they themselves are anchoring and promoting on all medias.

Very cool story! I’ve spent a lot of time with horses, and I think many of them are capable of learning to do the things Jim Key could do. They are much more intelligent than most people believe. Horses are rarely given the opportunity to show how much they can learn. If we believe horses can be this intelligent, and encourage it, they do rise to the occasion.

Alexander Nevzorov in Russia has trained his horses to do similar things. Many of his students have trained their horses this way as well. I’ve seen a video where Nevzorov asks the horse questions about a photo, and the horse answers by picking up letter cards and placing them together to spell words. Nevzorov wanted to show how intelligent horses really are - what they are really capable of. Here is a video of one of Nevzorov’s students with her horse. She asks questions and the horse spells out the answers.

I believe there was a C's session where the idea was put forward that 2D graduates to 3D through interaction with 3D. I haven't been able to find again because some of the search terms are too short for the search engine and I couldn't remember the exact words that the idea was framed in.

It seems that since life is a school and all is lessons, then that transition could be assisted through what we teach our 2D friends.

With that in mind, one of my mentors says that the first thing you teach an animal that you wish to train is how to learn because once you've taught it how to learn then what you can train it to do becomes more flexible because the animal learns to problem solve. He writes an article about it here.

In any case, I wonder if this means that the soul of this horse will be a precocious reader and mathematician in it's first 3D incarnation?

Back
Top Bottom