The Truth Perspective: A Time for Warriors: Interview with Stefan Verstappen

Joe

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
A Time for Warriors: Interview with Stefan Verstappen

Sunday June 19th 2016

In his last article 'Historical Cycles; are we doomed to repeat the past?' Stefan Verstappen made the case that our society is going into what is known as the Chaos Stage of history.

No one can deny that the state of our civilization is deteriorating.

In his latest article 'A Time for Warriors' he describes the horrific situation we are facing. (Not for the squeamish)

But there is hope.

According to the theory of historical cycles, the next stage is a new golden age, appropriately named 'The Warrior Age'. But what does it mean to be a 'warrior'? Who can be a warrior? Is a warrior non-violent? Why is becoming a warrior the first step to changing society?

To learn the answers to these questions and what we can all do to prepare for and create a better world, tune in to 'The Truth Perspective' on the Sott Radio Network this Sunday June 19th 2016 at midday EST (6pm CET) with hosts Laura Knight-Jadczyk, Joe Quinn, Niall Bradley and Harrison Koehli and special guest Stefan Verstappen.

Really looking forward to this show with Stefan. Great to have Laura back on the show too! :)

Anam Cara said:
Really looking forward to this show with Stefan. Great to have Laura back on the show too! :)

Indeed :) - really looking forward to this show as well.

Thanks for the show guys. It was timely as lately I've been feeling that I'm missing something that I should be working on. Just that discussion on the traits of a warrior was enough for me to see areas of my life where I take the easy road, shirk responsibility, don't work as hard as I could, or don't act out of fear.

His discussion of chi was very interesting - he couldn't quite put it into words but I know it exactly. There are men who I have met who just have that vibe, where I know I could not engage in a fight with them even if I tried and wanted to. Not necessarily because they are bigger or stronger, but because something in me would just want to give up and not even try. One of them was a kung fu instructor actually. Putin definitely has this energy, you can see it even just in videos.

There are times in my life where I think I have experienced this chi in myself. For most of my life in interactions, especially with groups, I feel like I am not heard, that I have to make an extra effort, that I'm somehow less significant. This was particularly the case as I was a teenager.
What i have noticed is that when I am in a period of making consistently good decisions and efforts, things just seem to go my way more in subtle ways. I have much more input into conversations, people will listen intently when I speak in meetings or social events, people will laugh at jokes I make easily etc.

Lots to think about after this one, and lots to do. Going back to martial arts is top of the list.

Great show, guys; great interview.

I just wanted to expand a bit on what I was trying to say.

G. said you can't do anything and you don't know yourself, but he never said you'll never be able to do and you'll never know yourself.

Becoming a warrior really means IDENTIFYING with the role of a warrior, believing you are a warrior, and part of that involves rewriting your narratives about who and what you are.

How often does your negative introject tell you that you're not cut out for this; you don't know anything; you can't do anything; you're not like the elders, admins, mods, ambassadors?

The truth is, in the beginning, that's probably true, but that doesn't mean it's true now - if you've been doing The Work and learned some things about yourself. The problem is, if we're not identifying with the role of the warrior, we're continuing to identify with a former role; and no one can blame us for that: Beliefs are deeply held and thoughts are habitual.

Thoughts affect how we feel and our feelings dictate our actions. If we think we're not strong enough, we're useless, we can't Do, we can't work things out, then that's how we'll live and that's what we'll manifest and represent.

This is where positive thinking comes in. Unfortunately, positive thinking has become a dirty phrase because of the New Age movement: If I only think nice thoughts, nothing bad will happen. But I'm talking about making a decision to change your negative, defeatist thoughts about YOURSELF and start to think like a warrior and start identifying with the role of a warrior.

There's a chapter in The Wave where Laura covers the topic of Wanderers, and from how I read the whole Wave series, the point Laura's making is that there ARE people who are here for a reason - because they have the power to help make something better. They were born eagles, but from the moment they came out of their eggs, they were brainwashed into thinking they're worms, and so they live buried, underground in the dirt. And it is not as easy/comfortable for them to just accept their environment and cruise along through the soil as it is for all the real worms who live in that environment, because they're supposed to be flying high in the sky, travelling great distances, seeing reality from that higher perspective.

Is it arrogant to entertain the notion, after one has worked on oneself for a good while, that MAYBE alot of us here ARE Wanderers? Even if it wasn't true, would it do any harm to take that as a foundation principle of your life and live as if you were? Otherwise, what was the point in Laura bringing it up?

When approaching the idea of taking on the responsibility, I always think about the necklace Laura accepted in the dream she describes in The Wave. It's consciously deciding that you're here for a reason. You're only a worm living in the soil as long as you believe that that is your role and that is the role you choose to identify with through the beliefs you hold and the narratives you tell yourself.

What if you change those? Stop identifying with who you were before you found Laura's work and start identifying with the role of strong, hardworking elder who came here to make a difference and got brainwashed into forgetting you belong in the sky.

You could identify all the times when your thoughts aren't how a warrior would think, and each time, spot it and then say, "No, I love my life. I love what I'm here to do. I am a warrior and I'm here for a reason. I'm here to fight and I'm here to help." Because the only thing that holds us back from taking on the role we were born to fulfil is the beliefs we hold.

Meager1 said:
It was an excellent presentation, thank you!

Yes it was. It was also an excellent reminder of how dangerous and difficult these times are, and of what we need to be doing in order to help one another to get through them. It was timed great with the Orlando shooting, and all of its disgusting aftermath - society's child is ugly indeed. To be a warrior is to face the full horror of our reality and continue to strive to manifest the beautiful side of the cosmos, because true beauty does exist. There is never a moment wasted when we contribute towards this group effort, though it often feels sorely taxing. This show was excellent, so thanks to all who participated! I pre-ordered the book and look forward to utilizing some new exercises. Time to chi up! :cool2:

I have a negative reaction to Mr Verstappen. I did so years ago when he first spoke on SOTT and it has only increased. The kickstarter campaign is quite telling I think.

aaron r said:
The kickstarter campaign is quite telling I think.

Not sure what you mean by that, aaron r. Could you explain it a bit further? How is the kickstarter campaign telling?

dugdeep said:
aaron r said:
The kickstarter campaign is quite telling I think.

Not sure what you mean by that, aaron r. Could you explain it a bit further? How is the kickstarter campaign telling?

I´m not sure I understand the kickstarter campaign correctly. So far I understand it as a way of collecting money which will allow him getting support for printing his last book.

Now, I must say I was surprised hearing him saying he possibly will sell it for 60 bucks. I mean, it´s a lot of money for those people who might be interested in expanding their awareness. As we know the spiritual path doesn´t match well with being in a wealthy position at the same time. On the other hand, I may still accept somehow his idea as a mean to inadvertently invite more stable people, financially speaking, into the warrior´s way under the sole pretension of giving them new clues for self-protection in our growing STS environment.

I don´t know but in any cases I ordered the pdf version for July as I´m curious as to which kind of exercises he will be exposing in the book.

Personally when I first heard of Stefan I was very suspicious, because he seemed to be too good to be true.

But after listing to him and reading some of his material I had the thought that he is a good example of the small white within the black that yin and yang represents. And perhaps there was some projections from unresolved issues from myself that was obscuring my understanding.

I like his style of writing, and the $60 he is charging for his book is no problem to me for several reasons.
First, he has put in work and he deserves to be compensated to the level he sees as fair.
Second, over the years I have come to realize people will value something more if they have to truly “pay” for it.
And third, through the Kickstarter campaign he has created an avenue where early supporters can access his work in a more affordable manner.

Just my two pesos.

The interview was great. Very encouraging. I will try to get the book when I get through some more of my current reading list.

Kickstarters are pretty popular these days. It seems like if you have a large network of followers, they're usually funded. And if you fund within the time allotted you pay less. Usually if you buy the product after the kickstarter, it costs more. So it's like an "early bird special".

Back
Top Bottom