The UFO Iconoclast(s) = COINTELPRO?

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Last week I read this blog:

http://ufocon.blogspot.com/2006/03/quantumufo-element.html

I posted a comment including several quotes from Richard Dolan's book "UFOs and the National Security State" that was excerpted from Secret History. This segment includes my speculations that most of the the abduction phenomenon is a secret gov program related to HAARP. I notice that my comment has been deleted. Considering what we have learned about COINTELPRO and especially considering the exposure of abovetopsecret.com and Project Serpo, one just has to ask the question about all these types of blogs and groups setting themselves up as "experts".

The author of the UFO article sounds military to me, and in a strange way. Military people usually stick to where they have training and experience. This person obviously has NO scientific training whatsoever, although was probably briefed in the basics. A scientifically trained person would have agreed with the commentator:

Jupiter Five said:
Quantum Mechanics deals with the microcosmic scale of things, the Planck Length 10^-33 centimeters realm, if you will, so that measurements/observations of wave forms at that scale tend to collapse that which is being observed into identified position or momentum. Changes on the Human Conscioussness Macrocosmic Scale side of things might be thought of in terms of social psychology or biochemical neurology.
Instead the author refuses to acknowledge that his analogy is fundamentally flawed and unrealistic, and comes up with the ludicrous analogy of people altering their behaviour when their picture is taken, refusing to acknowledge that he is using psychological analogies and calling them "quantum events". The author's reply indicates complete ignorance. From my experience UFO researchers have at least some basic knowledge of modern physics at least at the layman level, which this person lacks.

The article itself, however, is an interesting bit of psychological manipulation, especially if one notes the implications of what the author is saying.

In particular he/she compares Jesus Christ to the Emperor Constantine, a well known Pathocratic Psychopath, compares, in other words, teachings of truth to raising armies and slaughter. He also attributes every major religious epiphany in history singularly to the effect of observing a UFO, as if UFO experience= truth and human evolution.

In one fell swoop he bunches the inspired with the psychopath, and belittles human potential to an "observer effect", concluding ergo that today's "chosen" are pathetic nobodies, and hence by implication human potential is nothing. At the same time, he manages to devalue any potential meaning in the UFO experience (such as most of them being controlled experiments of the malignant kind).

When a commentator notes correctly that revolutionaries today do not fare so well he replies:

UFO Iconoclast said:
But it's those gutsy persons of the past who did act upon their experience, and why we know about them now.

They acted, because, they had to; their experience, forcing them to action, and bringing public opprobrium, didn't matter. They had to re-act on what was an out-of-the-ordinary event.

Today's "experiencers" are pathetic in their docile reaction.

Moreover, they choose to set aside their sighting or abduction and resume a bourgeois life, forced into conformity by those who haven't a clue as to what UFOs or abductions are all about, but thinking those who have had occasion to experience either are goofy, or worse.

It takes a "hero" (in the Joseph Campbell sense) to confront the truth, the epiphany, that UFOs and/or abductions provide.
He claims to be speaking of heros in the Joseph Campell sence, even though getting blown to bits by storm troopers has nothing to do with the mythic quest. He is obviously not talking about the mythic quest, but of actual political, ideological and military revolution, as if the expected result of seeing a UFO is raising a banner and rallying the troops.

I have read a lot of military science fiction in my day, and there is a certain style of "no guts no glory" expression in those works that I find here when the pseudoscience is stripped away. If this person was objective IMO, it would have occured to him/her that today the UFO paradigm is part of our technological culture, and so it stands to reason people will not react to it as a supernatural event.

A legitimate site, furthermore, would not have deleted your comment, but would have replied in one way or the other. Only people who had vested interest in NOT placing attention on aspects of the UFO and abduction phenomenon you mentioned would censor it. I am thinking that this last observation is your take on this as well.

Laura said:
one just has to ask the question about all these types of blogs and groups setting themselves up as "experts".
As we know, the old 'muddying the waters" technique is their staple - and their lack of creativity means that they will always follow and copy what is working for their opponents, instead of coming up with new/better ways to disseminate their disinformation. I suppose the best way to combat this is to ramp up the method we use to communicate, to change it and make it different enough to stay one step ahead of the cointelpro - but how and what that method will be escapes me. Short 'pentagon flash features' on different subjects is the only thing that comes to mind, and I don't have the skills (right now) to help with that. Plus, those flash programs, while they would be informative and catchy, would not really serve well as day to day updates and communication. Podcasts, however...? What is the next, new, best 'thing'?

a

I think the fact that they deleted Laura's post is a pretty good indicator that they are not really seeking truth but rather they're just another cointelpro/vectoring group with the usual agenda for such groups.

It will be interesting to see if more and more of them continue to spring up.

Laura, is it possible that your post ended up in a different thread?
http://ufocon.blogspot.com/2006/03/ufo-abduction-problem.html
Or is this a new post of yours?

It’s a good find though!

In relation to your post I've read in that thread, I’ve been thinking along the same lines as what you have posted there. About HAARP and how entire regions could be steered towards certain behavior while translating on an individual level according to personal biases. And there are plenty of those.

Charles said:
Laura, is it possible that your post ended up in a different thread?
http://ufocon.blogspot.com/2006/03/ufo- … oblem.html
Or is this a new post of yours?
You are right. When I went back to the blog from the link I had, I found something similar to their original theme, but without my comment and assumed that they had edited their post and deleted my comment. My apologies for the confusion.

First they say that nothing of importance is conveyed during abductions, which I agree... and then they say that nothing important happens as a result of abductions, and again, in the context they place it, I agree. But they seem to be using this argument to suggest:

So one can, it seems to us, discount abductee stories (no mater how “real”) or the visualization of strange lights and objects in the skies since, like Schrodinger’s cat, neither phenomenal aftermath really amounts to anything worthwhile.
It is as though the points I made just were ignored.

I think it deserves some watching just to see what they are up to...

I wasn't sure where to post this. But this seems a *likely* spot.

Listening to this show is a big MUST. Dr. Greer isn't a "kook" at all and he has 800 military and government witnesses who will attest to what they KNOW about military coverups. He is hooked up with the former Minister of Defense in Canada, Hon. Paul Hellyer. ( I met them both a press conference this month here in Toronto.) What he is going to say is riveting .. about the 4th of July and on into September. A friend of mine posted about the Generals who are stepping forward on EA today. That is on my blog too. www.ladybroadoak.blogspot.com. I had some personal reservations about the Project Disclosure "thang", but have managed to get some real trust in what they are saying in the past couple of months.

These (Sr. military mostly) guys behind Greer know that their children's lives are at stake if they don't come forward now.

Upcoming
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2006/06/01.html

Thursday June 1st, 2006
Host: George Noory
Guest:

Steven Greer

Dr. Steven Greer -Disclosure- disclosureproject

Steven Greer will discuss his new memoir Hidden Truth: Forbidden Knowledge that covers his early ET experiences that impelled him to start CSETI, his vision of the future, and news about what information the SETI project has really been receiving.

Websites
disclosureproject.org
seaspower.comBooks
Hidden Truth - Forbidden Knowledge

Extraterrestrial Contact by Steven M. Greer
Disclosure by Steven M. Greer
posted by Lady Broadoak @ 5/29/2006 08:20:00 PM

LadyBroadoak said:
Dr. Greer isn't a "kook" at all and he has 800 military and government witnesses who will attest to what they KNOW about military coverups. He is hooked up with the former Minister of Defense in Canada, Hon. Paul Hellyer.
And here is an appropriate quote from Aliens and Cosmic COINTELPRO
Many important and influential people have attested to the reality of the UFO phenomenon as an "alien reality." Within the military organizations, those who affirm the "alien hypothesis" are widespread and numerous. But, as Dolan shows us, they cannot discuss those views without risking the penalties of imprisonment and stiff fines.

In the present day, we have Steven Greer's "Disclosure Project." Based on the mail I get, it seems that many in the New Age/UFO community think that this is a great and novel idea. However, history shows that it has been tried before. The one thing about Greer's effort that suggests it is just more and better COINTELPRO is his attachment to the "aliens are here to help us" idea which is directly contradicted by history, though widely promoted by most "contactees." Even Linda Howe, for a long time the most reputable of careful researchers - and no stranger to the machinations of the Secret State - seems to have fallen for this one - or COINTELPRO. It is also now being promoted in Fate Magazine by Rosemary Guiley, who has the odor of COINTELPRO about her with her notable connections to military "agents." Jerome Clark, quoted above, is also a regular contributor to Fate.

Let me make it clear at this point that I am convinced that a lot of honest, sincere, hard-working individuals are being duped and/or controlled without being fully aware of it.

Dolan documents the failure of civilian groups in their efforts to really "end UFO secrecy." NICAP had prominent and active members, connections to Congress and the military, and their effort continued for over ten years. NICAP fought diligently for congressional hearings, and yet every time they got "close" to bringing it to the table for public consideration, the congressional sponsorship "backed off" and reversed their support.
And here is the link to I have a doubt About "Disclosure"
by our friendly Jean-Pierre Petit.

Back
Top Bottom