The Witch: Part 2 - Korean movie rare dialect?!

lilies

The Living Force
I'm watching the movie in the topic title, fully expecting the usual way of speech as having been completely spoiled by the widespread use of the "High-Korean Hollywood dialect", which is called Seoul/Standard Korean. 99% of the best Korean movies and TV Shows use it..

Not this time!
To my surprise in this movie multiple actors are speaking in some kind of a clicking-klacking "Moon bug language".. ?!

I'm used to South Korean expressions, surprise exclamations, swearing, apology words, etc.. their 'normal way speech', so I imagined that all South Koreans speak like the actors in their movies..

But here it sounds like some kind of Australian aboriginal or African language. With Chinese movies I love Cantonese and Mandarin, especially when its spoken theatrically, its like listening to some super-skilled orator / prose reader / theater artist. Japanese are famous for their "intonation mastery" / masterfully overplayed theatrical way of speaking as well and at least 50% of the fun comes from superb narration, when watching Japanese movies and anime [cartoon] shows...

So it turns out there are five Korean dialects! As you can hear below, they do differ significantly!

Since Laura hammered into us the importance of research, frequently I just stop watching a good movie or TV Show and begin to look up on the net any technicality I encounter in them that stand out. So here is an interesting technical tidbit:
From a linguist’s perspective, South Korea is interesting for several reasons.
  • the Korean alphabet is uniquely mathematical and logical,
  • its separation from North Korea has led to interesting linguistic deviations,
  • and Korean is a language isolate, meaning that it has no discernible links to any other current language.
  • Its diverse and interesting dialects, too, only add to Korean’s status as an interesting language worthy of study.
Above especially intriguing after listening to the excellent Radio Show with Juliana Barembuem:

MindMatters: Meaning All the Way Down: The Wonders and Mysteries of Language with Juliana Barembuem

The movie in question I'm talking about is:

The Witch: Part 2 - The Other One (2022)

action, mystery, thriller, sci-fi

Along with the higher rated first movie - The Witch: Part 1 - The Subversion - the sequel is also excellent. Contains no Anti-Life / inhuman = psychopathic elements, despite plenty of gore.. But its done so skillfully - that it perfectly avoids the display of psychopathic cruelty done to normal people. Violence in this movie is completely distanced from reality anyway - since these superhumans have super-strength, database-browsing super-speed, regeneration. They are well contrasted to humans. They are shown as definitely not human - since they have lots of superhuman abilities - and thanks to this, the feeling is that they are rather human-shaped super-creatures, so violence doesn't do too much harm to them..

The story is about compartmentalized Deep State projects competing with each other, because they have created heavily DNA-modified supersoldiers, who can procreate without problem. They are implanted and can regenerate cut wounds or bullet wounds with time. Even a headshot isn't enough..

Last edited:
Just found your thread, thanks for posting this and the video was funny as well as educational!
I've been learning Korean for a while (now got no time for that and see no further purpose, so I stopped...) so your post was interesting to me. Are you maybe learning Korean yourself? I figure from what you wrote that you like watching Korean movies/dramas in general, so maybe we could exchange our thoughts in this thread and maybe some other people interested in the topic could join :-D
I myself love watching Korean and generally Asian series, I love how creative the screenwriters are, they just never stop to amaze us with some new plot ideas. Do you have any favourite movies/series?

Do you know mydramalist.com by any chance? It's a great portal to search all existing dramas.

When it comes to The Witch movie, I only watched the first part and I loved it, but now you encouraged me to watch the second part as well. And I will be paying extra attention to the way they speak.

Reactions: Pat
Didn't know Part 2 was out. The Korean entertainment industry is at its peak right now, sort of like Hollywood back in its day. SK has to export to survive at this level of output, last I looked it was ~300 productions for last year... if I understood it correctly... second seasons, shorts etc... but still, that's a lot. There is very little 'Wokism' as well, sort of like country music here in the States. They use every cliche available, but more creatively it seems. The longer, usually 16 ep seasons, are like mini-series here, which never caught on much, but it gives the writers a lot more opportunity to create depth of character, which gives the actors, directors etc more to work with, something not seen much here in the States, perhaps similar to Netflix's "Wednesday" from the old Adams Family project that is updated every few years. That 'Wednesday' is well written in deadpan style to great affect.

Just downloaded Part 2... last few seconds point towards a Part 3, isn't that correct? Haven't watched it yet but those last seconds. Part 1 had all the usual elements we've seen before, except for that twist that had her doing it all on purpose. They are really good at depth of characters' backgrounds and this is no exception. Nkiri is great as a portal due to the smaller file sizes for phones, laptops etc and again, they push their product on all fronts for exposure, which led to all the current Netflix productions. Japanese anime started to do this but the Japanese audience is more insular with their higher population base not needing to export to survive... seems more like Europe in that and in style... now China seems to be copying both in their markets, but with so many restrictions that really limits what they can do there. The Party doesn't want to go the way of the Party in the ole USSR. But then again, SKorea rarely talks about their status as an American colony either, but they cover the usual political corruption etc. I can't remember when Hollywood stopped doing all of this... probably when Marvel took over the box office universe which fits in with the plans to dumb down the masses. Skorea still seems to respect their audience a little, Hollywood doesn't.... they just follow orders. Perhaps being a colony on the side of the main game is why they can do this... after the dictatorship ended etc.

Reactions: Pat
Are you maybe learning Korean yourself? I figure from what you wrote that you like watching Korean movies/dramas in general, so maybe we could exchange our thoughts in this thread and maybe some other people interested in the topic could join
I must have lived in Korea in past lives [???], as my interest in Korean - Chinese - Japanese movies is suspiciously way-way above normal levels for a Eastern-Europaean. I remember my Japanese lives:

[as opposed to my "Atlantis-refugee group in North America"-life, my Cathar life, where I was gruesomely torture-murdered by the Spanish Inquisition resulting in massive PTSD me cannot bear listening to Spanish Male voices in movies as well, then [much earlier] my Assyrian life, then very recently my short WW1 and WW2 life, one as a German Priest fully familiarized with the teachings of Mouravieff]

..but back to the topic:

This one is very misty, primitive life: one right through 0 AD in Japan - Korea
  • Jomon (14,000 BC–300 BC)
  • Yayoi (BC 900–AD 300)
Then I remember more clearly my short & violent & evil mischievous & thief-murderer life in the:

Heian period (AD 794–AD 1185)

I was apprentice to a very famous sword-smith master, who used ancient secrets to forge super-sharp swords, which high-tech knowledge gradually got lost in Japan ==> the low level low material quality "samurai swords" of later centuries were ridiculously dull pieces of wretched Pig-Iron - compared to the superb quality advanced, almost molecular-edge sharp superior swords my Heian Era master was building. So me wicked little wretch in a Japanese male body got curious and as his confidante apprentice [at least he believed so] IIRC I got close to him and murdered him and stole his super-exceptional swords along with his Spiritual Technology used [for good] to build his swords. But I started to use his knowledge for Thuggery & Evil... so imagine....

Then progressing forward I had more lives in Feudal Japan:
  • Kamakura (AD 1185–AD 1333)
  • Muromachi (AD 1333–AD 1573)
  • Azuchi-Momoyama (AD 1573–AD 1603)
You can imagine, what kinds of lives... Murder by steel was common in those days and IIRC - and just as other numerous common criminals in those eras - I too went around cutting down people for Fun & Profit, as James McCanney calls his RSA-protection breaking method..

Then as the Mode of Wielding War slowly changed [!!]
went from fully gory old-ancient bloody mayhem in the 14th century ==> into some revolting new way of "modern civilized form of war",
beginning with fun idiots in the Sengoku period, called

Sacred warriors = bushō = [yuuuck!].
Frequently, individual bushō would introduce themselves and then engage in a decisive one-on-one duel. The victors would carry home the heads of the defeated, and be recognized for their achievements.

..so by the time of the yucky bushō we had no more as much fun as in the Glorious Old Days of free Murder & Mayhem (14th century) , maybe I had one more life in the Edo period (AD 1603–AD 1868) as the era of Shoguns and extensive sword fighting ended with the real fun ending with that.

I have one video-recording-confirmed proof of the entire writing above - where our full complement of mixed martial arts camp of (1997 in Hungary) thats ~50 people are bearing witness by listening and watching our Naginata & Swords Master as he sits at the restaurant (masters liked many beers ==> if we wanted our questions asked they wanted 1 bear for 1 question answered!) and the camera in the other and watches the recording of the training fights with our crude & heavy wooden samurai sword (home made copies) imitations and he evaluated the skills of the camp members he was seeing on the video and finally exclaimed:
- That one guy is the best among you all.

Of course everybody immediately strained their backs to lean toward him to see, who the hell he was pointing at.. did he mean some high level black-belt master or some high level brown-belt / blue-belt, etc.. apprentice in the more highly developed Capitol (Budapest) group?
No.. he pointed to one of the members of the stupid country-bumpkin group, a low level, almost colorless, beginner-belt idiot....wielding a crude Hungarian-home made imitation of even a real Japanese Wooden Practice Sword

He was pointing at me...

Timeline order change:
..some explanation from the past..

Since (I believe) I'm a Kantekkian War Criminal and before that a 4th Density low-IQ Boots-On-The-Ground soldier, IIRC - we were used as Kamikaze Units with Full Military Implant Etheric Hardware System installed into us [still is] and this made-upgraded as essentially as a modern automatically Homing In "hypersonic" "Human[oid!]" Kamikaze Missile. Our task was always, to first breach the defenses of Lizard Military Lines by completely homing in and impacting ["superman-terrorist-style"] 4thD Lizard military installations and completely ether-atomically annihilating the vicinity of target locations ==> causing a Breach in Lizard defense lines, which are hard to repair "immediately" even in "Lizard Zero Time" environment, in which they allegedly live.

Then we were quickly brought back - as IIRC the 4thD military has extensive technology to super-fast re-animate / re-active completely or partially destroyed soldiers = thanks to our above mentioned etheric military implant system [present now as well]. This allowed low-IQ cannon-fodder grunts, like me & my kind we are-were non-humans, only humanoid, to quickly infiltrate Lizard military installations and their supporting infrastructure in their backyard - the Entrance / Gate to this we just destroyed -
and make a complete Ether-Atomic-destruction = kill everything & leave nothing breathing. This usually meant our job was -- to utterly destroy anything living - any animated intelligent life-form & "alive" "warm-bodied" 4th Density citizen servant or Lizard soldier inside the territory of such mega-base / military installation and ==> live nothing breathing..

Of course the above mentioned kamikaze maneuver left / leave very important scars on a soul of any 4thD grunt. These scars cause what we called gradual Soul-Light-Atomic-Etheric-Disintegration of the soul-consciousness. Essentially what murder-squads (and Nazi soldiers) go through today as Andrew M. Lobaczewski writes about describing how torturers minds got gradually dissolved from the caused --pain+negative karma combo-- what Nazo killers went through in WW2 WW1 on Earth.

This caused extensive damage to our military-implant-holding soldier consciousnesses, so we no longer were deemed Operationally Effective. And more importantly we no longer were deemed a safe container for the expensive military etheric implant system!

As a result - I believe - we were sent to Earth for a couple dozen (24?) full life incarnation as a therapy. Because doctors in 4thD believed that this will heal our scars and increase our consciousness integrity, making us heal enough, so we can continue to be thrown into 4thD Mega-Death Wars "in the future".

As we were humanoid = two legs and two arms no extra limbs = so close enough to drive a human body, we received a pass = the doctors gave us 'the All Clear' to be housed in a human body, sent -- incarnated -- in some human historical era on Earth.

For Therapy. [mkhhrrhmmm Cough cough]
For mass-murderers in mind-and-soul, like us..

I don't remember if Kantek was before or after this. Doesn't matter. We murdered on Kantek as well and I believe we - citizens of Kantek - are directly responsible for not doing enough to protect our planet from destruction by our power-hungry ruling Kantekkian psychopaths..

- - -

So you can imagine which type / what kind of "lives" I had in Korea - China - and Japan after above...

I don't need to spell it out?

One Japanese life remained clear. There were somewhat like how you could describe them, Holy Warriors of The Law - "hero white STO" policemen in Japan, called Sword Saints. Such holy people were expert in being close to [the forces of] Heaven and very good at fighting, they brought their Enlightened Fighting Skills close to physical & Mental Perfection. Thus the term Sword Saint. Essentially a Warrior Boddhisatva - a Buddhist, worthy of nirvana, who postpones it to help others - in 3rd Density..

Now after a time, probably because a territory had enough of me..., such a Sword Saint was sent after me and we fought. And I remember how he has beaten me to submission and how he killed me by first stabbling a large samurai sword through my strong sternum. This strong bone is at the center of the human body torso, protecting the chest cavity lungs & heart. His large sword he made deliberately stuck in my sternum, this allowed him to Force--Push me into the semi-deep creek, under the water. So stabbing me into the lungs, he also made sure I can't suck in air, only fill my lungs with water.
This was the Sword Saint could make it sure I never come back and he could also report / take a trophy = proof afterward. IIRC.

BTW: I fully deserved that sentence and the way how the Sword Saint was carrying it out. (IIRC.)

So you can imagine, what kind of Asian "lives" such a thing as me had. What problems I have with the valuation of lives. All that .. all those lives.. all those hundreds of years of Sentence Incarnations spent on a remote alien planet (called Earth) - IIRC - caused ONLY NOW - the "softening of heart" = an understanding in me somewhat The Value of Life.

But even these above described series of "therapeutical incarnations"
[for 4thD military psychos, like me]
for Eternal Killers .. like me and my platoon
you can imagine how much "softening" effect they have had...

IIRC. My platoon - troops similarly equipped with high-performace-full-4thD-Military-Etheric-Implant-Systems, which are designed to be charged Up to full functional once enough environmental energy will start flowing = get loose ["Wait until The Current starts flowing" - is how the C's described it] - so my platoon - I believe - is stationed here on Earth to receive the Alien Invasion.

Greet the arriving Nephilim with ancient 4thD military psychos, like us.

So from 4thD War, into getting injured - into getting 3rdD therapy equivalent of "hospital"- we will be back in the Murder-Bucket Eternal War in no time...

That's why I said numerous times here, we might have found ourselves in a 4thD War Zone, when we completed our 3rdD incarnations and graduated to 4thD in past timelines / past cycles. So - I guess / I think - we didn't like the Unlivable Conditions of 4thD Eternal War Zone there, so we came back into this "Past Incarnational Cycle", to live 3D lives, learn more necessary lessons ==> increase our STO Alignment, then "graduate" again into 4thD and with full expectance find in 4th Density a new, peaceful Liveable Environment - to establish ourselves.

I guess I was offered the job as a "border guard during peacetime" if the project succeeds = described in the last paragraph with blue, to give me and my platoon a chance for a new life, to get out of our past fate ==> Forever Cycling 4thD War Hell

Last edited:
As Laura writes: in her latest amazing book - From Paul to Mark: PaleoChristianity

Marcus writes about the awkwardness of this bit of text and the alterations made by Matthew and Luke: These elucidations are, in a way, correct; Mark did have in mind pagan kings and rulers when he wrote “those who are thought to rule over the Gentiles.” But his exact phraseology is not without significance. Those who are commonly thought to be rulers are not, for the apocalyptic viewpoint, the real rulers of this world.
Behind them stand the real rulers, God and Satan, each with a host of servants. Therefore, the common view is wrong, since it does not penetrate to the stage upon which the real rulers are acting;
those who maintain this viewpoint do not know; they only opine, being blind to the apocalyptic drama that is unfolding for those with eyes to see it.
(Ref#:950)

Ok, watched the movies.... first was better, the second part seems to go the Marvel route. It is still using the usual trope of female supersoldier along the lines I remember best in Fox's "Dark Angel" series in the early '00s....now the two of them are looking for 'mom'. This second part seems like a placeholder.The 'call' from 'mom' seemed like a plot device to setup the third part, usually a fake distress call ploy, but they took the abilities over into total fantasy this time. I thought the first stayed within the lines.... maybe next up when they get caught is a visit to the bathroom so they can escape? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom