This forum helped inspire my first novel

100c

Jedi
So, I haven't posted on this forum for a couple of years, mainly because I've been writing a book. Like the post subject says, my book was partly inspired by information in this forum and the book "A Secret History of the World and How to Get Out Alive". Well, I just published my book on Amazon. See the link to the Goodreads page which has a pretty good summary --> www.goodreads.com/book/show/28603517-silent-subversion-i

As trivial as it may be, I consider this book to be one of my contributions to humanity, a story set in the real world, as I see it, without all the stupid BS we see/read on the mainstream media, like how the government is actually working for us and how our leaders are not sadistic psychopaths. Like many people on this forum, I love non-fiction books about the real world, but I thought that writing a non-fiction book is like preaching to the choir. Mostly, people who aren't afraid of truth, read books about the real world while the vast majority of people run away from such things. A story set in the real world can be a more subtle method of helping people see reality.

Well, I hope this post is not breaking any rules about self-promotion and I apologize if that is the case.

Hi 100c

[quote author=Hi 100c]A story set in the real world can be a more subtle method of helping people see reality.[/quote]

It does so more than often I think. Planting the seed. Plainly telling the truth hardly does the job isn’t it.

Hi 100c

I was intrigued by your post, so I went to the Amazon UK site and bought your book!

It's early days, as I've just started reading it. But, I'm 10% in according to my Kindle and am really enjoying it so far. The story really pulls you in, and you have the knack of making the reader want to keep turning the pages. That's hard to do, so congratulations.

I'll write an Amazon review when I finish it.

Cheers.

Thanks bjorn for your comment and I'm glad you agree about planting seeds.
Thanks ec1968 for your kind words and for giving it a try. I hope you like the whole thing.

I was wondering when someone would take these extraordinary truths and funnel them into fiction. I will definitely buy the book and congratulate you on your talents and thank you for your contribution to us all.

ec1968 said:
Cheers.

Glad the forum inspired you. I'll write as well when finished with your book.

voyageur and lids4321...Thanks and Enjoy!

I was wondering when someone would take these extraordinary truths and funnel them into fiction.

Fiction is basically imaginary experience. We learn through experience and novels, stories, movies, etc., can give us the opportunity to experience things out of our reach, what life might fail to offer us. That's why I love reading and wrote a story I wanted to find.

100c said:
voyageur and lids4321...Thanks and Enjoy!

I was wondering when someone would take these extraordinary truths and funnel them into fiction.

Fiction is basically imaginary experience. We learn through experience and novels, stories, movies, etc., can give us the opportunity to experience things out of our reach, what life might fail to offer us. That's why I love reading and wrote a story I wanted to find.

Hi 100c,

congratulation for your initiative and all the work you have done! Hope to be able to read your book!

voyageur said:
ec1968 said:
Cheers.

Glad the forum inspired you. I'll write as well when finished with your book.

I second that :) I added it to my wish list. Look forward to reading it. And I also hope you can participate on the forum more often now :)

100c said:
The final print version is now available on Amazon, after fixing many annoying little errors which I can't believe escaped the editing process!

http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Subversion-Hyrum-E-Jones-ebook/dp/B01AS75NY2/

I've also had a local artist in Portland do some illustrations, link to the first one below.
http://anxietypub.com/the-burgerville-scene/

Just wanted to say that although I've not read a great deal of fiction of late, I certainly noticed your books extensive acknowledgements (Donaldson, Ross, Knight-Jadczyk, Zinn etc.) in helping you shape the story and your thoughts. Without getting into your story here to spoil it for new readers, there were many lines of force in the story, and one can well see the influences that came to play from the very people and our objective reality that you acknowledged.

I have to say that at first I wondered where the story would go, the story line, the characters (and they were interesting characters) and how they would develop. The story certainly highlights our human conditions; political, authoritarian, high strangeness, science, psychology et al, and of course some painful horrid conditions that are unsettling, yet they are a societal plague within our reality that must be acknowledged.

Thank you for writing and will tune-in to what follows.

Edit: name

voyageur said:
The story certainly highlights our human conditions; political, authoritarian, high strangeness, science, psychology et al, and of course some painful horrid conditions that are unsettling, yet they are a societal plague within our reality that must be acknowledged.

Thank you for writing and will tune-in to what follows.

Yes, those plagues must be acknowledged, tempered with mystery and suspense, to make them more palatable. You can't imagine how unsettling it was to write some of those parts!

Thanks for giving the book a chance and your feedback! I hope you enjoy book II even more, when it's available in a few months. BTW, if you want a print version, email me hyrum.0@gmail.com. I have several more copies to give away.

Back
Top Bottom