Tragically deformed infant in India

An interesting video. I don't know if it's real anyway pretty surprising.

The description under the video says:
A video has come from Bihar Patna, where an alien baby was caught on camera. The video which is exclusively with Oneindia shows a human baby that looks like an alien from any sci-fi movie Watch Exclusive Video.

As per one of the comments under the video, this baby could be suffering from a rare genetic disorder called Harlequin-type Ichthyosis. I'm no medical professional but that seems to be the case, although it's a pretty severe case.

There's more footage online and it appears to be the same child and the story seems to be from 2017.
Indian Alien Baby | Woman Gave Birth To Alien Like Baby In Bihar's Patna |. Horrified mum refuses to feed premature baby born with rare genetic deformity. You won't believe this except you watch the video. The woman on the right reportedly gave birth to the alien-like creature pictured left. It has eyes, nose, and when the nurse lifts the creature, you can see an arm. Maybe it's just an extremely deformed baby?

It wouldn't have taken more than a few moments of searching Bosphorus to figure this out.

It's not a human baby. Notice the extent of the body under the wrap. It looks like either a very deformed and premature calf or sheep.

There's more footage here - i didn't want to post the video just in case - but you see the rest of the body, the feet, and it being held by someone claiming to be the mother. Although maybe i'm missing something and it isn't a baby.

Here is an article about it. mrtn seems to be correct that it is Harlequin Ichtyosis:

1583950594764.png

HIGHLIGHTS
  • Harlequin Ichthyosis affects one in 3 million births
  • This skin disorder involves an ABCA 12 gene defect
  • Till date, there is no treatment for this disorder

Delhi's first reported case of a baby born with Harlequin Ichthyosis, a rare genetic skin disorder died on Tuesday after developing respiratory problems at Kasturba Gandhi Hospital in Daryaganj.
Harlequin Ichthyosis literally means one born with dry, scaly 'fish' like skin. It affects one in 300,000 births by inheriting a mutated gene from the parents.
Infants with this condition have very hard, thick skin covering most of their bodies. This is broken into large, diamond-shaped plates separated by deep cracks (fissures).
The facial features mouth, eyes and ears are also deformed giving them a ghastly appearance. The baby was born through a C-section delivery to a 20-year-old mother hailing from Uttar Pradesh.
The treating doctors suspect it is a possible case of consanguinity as the baby was born to a Muslim woman who married her cousin.
A consanguineous marriage is characterized by the degree of relatedness between the spouses.
Dr Maruti Sinha, Senior Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist told Mail Today, "It is for the first time we have witnessed a baby born with this skin deformity. Harlequin Ichthyosis involves an 'ABCA 12' gene defect."
"Till date in India, only three such cases have been reported and they all died soon after birth. We can't even confirm if the baby is a boy or girl as its genital organs haven't fully developed," she added.
Dr Sangita Nangia, head of Gynaecology unit and medical director of Kasturba Gandhi Hospital said till the time the baby was alive, all medical support was provided.
But survival rate is so less in babies born with Harlequin Ichthyosis that they die within few hours of birth. Globally, there are also three cases reported wherein patients are alive and suffering.

Although I do not know much about this disease, I know that it is caused by excessive skin overgrowth and with this there are problems such as not regulating body temperature well, dehydration, the need to eat more calories due to the expense involved in creating skin, having to bathing to remove the excess skin a couple of times a day to then apply creams to the skin etc ... despite everything there are cases from what I said earlier there are cases that survive and lead a "normal" life to a certain extent .. like this woman who is married and the mother of two children
gonewsco_qcj3d_3682.jpg

Although I do not know much about this disease, I know that it is caused by excessive skin overgrowth and with this there are problems such as not regulating body temperature well, dehydration, the need to eat more calories due to the expense involved in creating skin, having to bathing to remove the excess skin a couple of times a day to then apply creams to the skin etc ... despite everything there are cases from what I said earlier there are cases that survive and lead a "normal" life to a certain extent .. like this woman who is married and the mother of two children
View attachment 34160
So many forms of suffering in this world that hopefully compel our compassion for the victims, gratitude for our lighter burdens, and faith that the soul can flourish in adversity.

Back
Top Bottom