Tribute to Planet Earth 🌎 ♥️

Some find them hideous, others love them. New York has a number of Gothic skyscrapers. Other than that, they are mostly found in fiction, especially in Batman's fictional Gotham City. At least in the comic books.

gothic 2.jpg gothic1.jpg

These kinds of buildings are still proposed but often do not get beyond the drawing board simply because building in steel and glass is cheaper.

This proposed building below for New York is loosely based on gothic architecture. Personally, I like it but it also looks chaotic. There is not enough harmony I think. But I can appreciate the fact that there are still architects who break away from modern architectural styles.

hero_1.jpg

dd8fd3f666acc0f3507c8d82959bf152.jpg b3085a_5bc76885a16e4e67b978a777143a3387~mv2_d_1781_2600_s_2.jpg

41-West-57th-Street-Midtown-West-Mark-Foster-Gage-Supertall-8.jpg

Attachments

• Mark_Foster_Gage_Architects_-_41_West_57th_Street_-_View_from_57th_street_a.jpg
    Mark_Foster_Gage_Architects_-_41_West_57th_Street_-_View_from_57th_street_a.jpg
    1,015.4 KB · Views: 3
This is just a glimpse of what the world could look like. Instead, we have spent 6 trillion on senseless and cruel wars. I am not saying we should build for glory, or for splendor and grail. But if you can build something beautiful, let it be a reflection of your soul.

(This is a screenshot from the computer game, Final Fantasy 15. The title is fitting. Or is it? Maybe someday if humanity can get its act together. Something like this can be part of a new reality?)

782532.jpg

Back
Top Bottom