Trip to Taiwan

Novelis

Jedi Master
Hello everyone,
I've been planning this trip for years now, in a way, I wish that I went when the world this close to the Sh*t hitting the fan... or should I say I wish I went when I was quite ignorant of the fact that the sh*t is about to hit the fan, oh well.
Reading signs of the times doesn't exactly give me a lot of reassurance that there won't be earthquakes, Taiphoons or even man made weapons that might end my life. What really worries me is the possibility that something big will happen while I'm there that stop me from ever seeing my friends and family again.
Then again, there is ALWAYS a chance of that happening where ever you are, it's just a case of whether or not one is prepared for it, I'll just have to do my best to work whatever the situation might be, in fact, in some ways, the worse the situation, the better. :)

Anyway, as the title suggests, I'm off to Taiwan for 4 weeks. Despite the major concerns, I am over the moon!
The primary reason for going is to pick up Mandarin so I'm fluent in it once again, (I've not practiced it for about 10 years) I'm really curious as to the situation there, I know that China has blacklisted this site, but I'd like to know if Taiwan is in the same situation, and how open minded the people are, I suppose it'll be more or less the same anywhere, but there certainly doesn't seem to be anyone on this forum from Taiwan... I should perhaps spread the word.

Some of you might not know this, but Tai Pei's National palace museum has the largest collection of Chinese historical art and artefacts, this is because it was all hidden away from the communists in China then shipped over to Taiwan, can't wait to see all the paintings and artefacts!
I've been wondering, it seems to me that the PTB have pretty much got the whole situation under control, all over the world indeed, with pathocrats probably running most countries. This site is the only resource I've ever known that gives objective, factual information which I think is absolutely essential for people wanting to stand any chance of surviving the impending chaos, so if people in China for example can't access this valuable information, then that means over 1 billion people are in the dark and stand no chance whatsoever to find out the truth! Maybe there is some resistance underground or something. Seems unfair in a way but then there are lots of places in the world one can be born where one is pretty much doomed to be ignorant of all this. Palestine comes to mind...
Does anyone here know anything about Falun Gong? I ask because at the moment a lot of Chinese practitioners of this Qi Gong are going through utterly horrendous persecution for doing it, what is it about this art? Why does the government feel so threatened that they are prepared to use such overt methods of keeping it covered?
These are some of the questions I'll have in mind while inspecting the situation on the other side of the world...
Bye for now everyone!! I wish everyone the best while I'm gone.

Back
Top Bottom