Tulsi Gabbard drops out of election run & caves in to Biden

Keyhole

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Not sure if this has been posted onto SOTT or not (I couldn't find it on Puppet Masters), but Tulsi Gabbard has stepped down as a democratic candidate. In a bizarre twist, she appears to have now completely backtracked on her position and is promoting Joe Biden for President :huh: .

Looking through the comments, she seems to have lost a bunch of her supporters... and rightfully so. People feel betrayed, since Biden is everything that Tulsi previously stood AGAINST.;

This smells a bit fishy, and I am wondering whether Biden & his cronies have dug up some dirt on Gabbard, or if she has made a deal or something.

Either way, she was one of the only US politicians speaking any sense, and it makes me saddened to witness her cave in like this.

Not sure if this has been posted onto SOTT or not (I couldn't find it on Puppet Masters), but Tulsi Gabbard has stepped down as a democratic candidate. In a bizarre twist, she appears to have now completely backtracked on her position and is promoting Joe Biden for President :huh: .

This is one article on it:

Just found the article here: Tulsi Gabbard suspends presidential campaign, endorses Biden -- Sott.net

I was surprised to hear this too. I wondered if she had done a back deal so that, if/when, Biden gets into power she will have a place beside him. Maybe she thought that she could change the system from within. Or, maybe she just wasn't the person she made herself out to be... which wouldn't be surprising for a politician :lol:.

I wasn't that surprised. I've not trusted Tulsi for quite a while now. Her endorsement really shows that all that talk she gave of "fighting against the elite" and "having moral principles" was, sadly, just lies. I mean, if you had any moral principles yand would fight for bettering the world, the last dude you would endorse would be Biden, who's one of the most corrupt politicians you can find.

I wasn't that surprised. I've not trusted Tulsi for quite a while now. Her endorsement really shows that all that talk she gave of "fighting against the elite" and "having moral principles" was, sadly, just lies. I mean, if you had any moral principles yand would fight for bettering the world, the last dude you would endorse would be Biden, who's one of the most corrupt politicians you can find.

i don’t know if I’d be that harsh about it, she probably has her mind and heart in the right place. I’d be a bit more cynicabout it, she cares about the world a lot but probably cares about her wellbeing and that of her family more.

she’s a human being with weaknesses and that was the best thing she had going for her, and as such, she probably has deep pressure points that someone without a conscience, with a goal in mind (to get Biden in the ticket), wouldn’t hesitate to press.

It’s sad but not unexpected, her stance on a lot of issues made it clear from the beginning that they would not let her run.

She could have withdrawn and NOT backed Biden if she really had principles. She didn't have to back anyone. But she has shown that she is just part of the machine as all of them are.

Totally agree with that, but we can push further by saying his family was threaten (yeah either i'm too optimistic about Tulsi or in a big delusion of conspiracy theory). I don't believe anything but I just exploring possibilities

I agree. If what she said in this video was against her principles, we could have a feeling of it from her face, her body language. Either she's a good actor with a poker face, or she isn't bothered much by the fact she's now endorsing Biden.

I was also surprised by this endorsement. Doesn't make much sense, because everyone knows what her (supposed) political hand is; anti-war, anti-regime change policy, which should be totally opposite of what Biden represents.

Is this endorsement then supposed to be a strategic move, that would help her position in democratic party, while everyone should assume she's not going to achieve those policies in the future if she has integrity?

And it doesn't seem to be a good strategy to maintain her voters support. From her interview she's hinting that they would have first approached Bernie Sanders, who declined. But wouldn't it have been just possible to not endorse anyone then (and maintain the image of what you represent)?

The way Gabbard speaks about her causes is imo often in a simplified, broad terms without going into much details. This can be of course a way to communicate with larger public, but with this latest endorsement, it needs to be taken into consideration that she's somehow compromised, or "pied piper" for use in the future, and perhaps we're projecting more into her than there is.

I'd really like to be wrong about this, but at least her latest interview with Jimmy Dore wasn't too convincing (she's also been fussing quite a lot about the Coronavirus):

I was always skeptical whether Tulsi had the "alpha male" persona necessary to be an effective president. She was military, so it was possible, but I wasn't sure. The thing about dealing with psychopaths is that you will never get them to genuinely respect you if you are a nonpsychopath, and you only earn their cooperation by pretending to be a bigger psychopath than them and threaten to utterly break them if they do not subordinate themselves to you. You must demonstrate that you are in a position of strength and they are the weak ones. You then offer the lesser ones a way out if they agree to play by your rules, and hold the threat of abject destruction over the greater ones like a Sword of Damocles. That's my distillation of the true essence of The Prince, in order to keep your kingdom in order the psychopaths must fear you and the people must love you. I believe this is the tactic Putin used with his oligarchs, he broke a few of them and then demonstrated he was a reasonable man by offering the rest of them a way out if they recognized him as their indisputable boss. Trump, with his long history of dealing with the NYC cesspool of white collar snakes was probably instinctually aware of this and that's how he was able to survive in that environment; although I don't know if he had a keen enough intellectual understanding of it to tackle Washington, at least in the beginning, which I consider kind of like NYC squared. When Trump puffs up his ego and makes some of his bombastic remarks, he is demonstrating that he is not weak and that gives him a little bit of space. If this is Tulsi's "strategic move," it looks like she's just proving that she's weak and allowing the establishment to get its hooks in deeper and deeper. It's possible that she has some elaborate plan to fly under the radar as sort of a dark horse candidate, but I'm not really feeling it right now.

I don't know that a lot should be made about her endorsing Biden. She had always said she would endorse the Democratic nominee, of which Biden most certainly is - Bernie will likely drop out soon. There is also the rumor that Bernie refused her endorsement, which her brother claimed on social media and then deleted. Tulsi in fact made a written promise to endorse whoever is chosen by the Dems - I can't find the post now but I saw an image of that written promise on Twitter. So while it's understandable to be disappointed by this, I don't know that it reveals anything about her.

What I am going to keep an eye on is to see if she continues to call out US regime change wars, foreign policy disaster, and other US empire behaviors. As long as that's the case, she's still good in my eyes. She will probably not be in the public eye much going forward as she will not be serving in the House after her term is completed, so most likely she will go back to Hawaii to live a quiet private life unless she takes a position in DC serving in a presidential cabinet of some sort.

Back
Top Bottom