Twitter Censoring Conservative Accounts?

Ant22

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I came across those two tweets earlier today :

IMG_3923.png

IMG_3922.png

There is also an article on RT about this:

https://www.rt.com/news/419418-conservative-purge-twitter-bots/

‘Mass censorship’ v ‘bot purge’: Twitterati split over alleged crackdown on conservative voices

Conservative Twitter users across the platform are, metaphorically at least, setting their hair on fire amid claims their accounts were locked in a reported “purge” of right-wing voices.

The move, which has yet to be confirmed by Twitter has nonetheless been labelled an attempt at “mass censorship” by critics, is thought to be a bid to rid the platform of automated accounts – or ‘bots’ – set up to artificially amplify conservative campaigns online.

Some of the more rabid elements of conservative Twitter have reacted with incredulity, claiming they have lost hundreds of followers who, like them, have been targeted for their cutting-edge commentary and off-beat political polemics. (...)

I didn´t know where to put this, so if this is wrong thread, I´m sorry for that.

####

I don´t have Twitter (never had it) nor FB account (deleted it cca year ago), but I do go to Lauras´s Twitter profile (I cannot see her FB account; probably is not opened for non-FB members).

Today I´ve got this on Twitter:

Capture.JPG

:rolleyes:

Controversial Katie Hopkins has been suspended on Twitter today following a petition on Change.org. One of her last tweets was a snarky comment about her blue tick being removed, soon after that the account was closed.

I thought all that pro-Israel bias going as far as openly praising Israel in some tweets would offer some protection, but nope. Come to think of it, Alex Jones got deplatformed too and touching the Zionist involvement in the topics he discussed was one direction he wouldn't go in either.

I just noticed that I can't find @Laura on Twitter anymore in the search bar. Not even if I type in her exact address: "Laurel700" or "@Laurel700". Nothing! Last time I checked, she was showing up in the search bar just when I clicked on it! I asked a friend to check it on his own PC and Twitter account: Same result. So it doesn't seem to be a problem on my end.

I just noticed that I can't find @Laura on Twitter anymore in the search bar. Not even if I type in her exact address: "Laurel700" or "@Laurel700". Nothing! Last time I checked, she was showing up in the search bar just when I clicked on it! I asked a friend to check it on his own PC and Twitter account: Same result. So it doesn't seem to be a problem on my end.
I noticed the same last week when I was looking for one of Laura's tweets I had liked and couldn't find her with the search function.

Interesting. Shadowbanning? My strong guess is that the attempt to keep X censorship free amounts to fighting windmills. I would bet that the PTB are working overtime to constantly activate their agents (and not only internally at X) to reverse course. Likely this happens almost constantly. It might be like trying to weed while ever more weeds are springing up everywhere at the same time.

When I type "laurel700" in the search box I can then click on "go to @laurel700" and end up on Laura's account.

If I type "laurel700" and then the enter key I get one highlight and one recent post where "@laurel700" is mentioned.

If I type "@laurel700" and then the enter key I get no result.

My guess is it's just the strange way Twitter is set up.

There is still the possibility that something is hidden for some and not for others.

Back
Top Bottom