two strange things happened to me today - medical advice would be appreciated

etezete

Dagobah Resident
Hi all,

today two things happened, both were in connection with our dog, a malinoi/labrador/something mix.

First: My husband was lying in the bathtub today, I was sitting on the washing machine opposed to the bathtub, and we were talking about the whole corona stuff. My husband had his cell phone loading, so it was on the power line, and had laid it on the rim of the tub (yes, that is very very stupid, he now knows why...). Our dog was lying there on the floor, got up, streched and began wagging his tail - AND WITH HIS TAIL PUSHED THE PHONE from the rim. I jumped from the washing machine and catched it when only the corner of the phone reached the water. My whole body was kinda tingling, I had a soft and brief giddiness and was shaking. I saved my husbands life! That was my first thought. and the second: Is this the chill dealt to me?

We talked about it, and I told him that from now on he can simply enjoy each and everyday as a present of life, since he could be dead now. I know that people have died that way. Ok, so, everything fine.

Second: Half an hour later or so I went down with said dog to go for a ride by bike. I didn't want to do it later because we feel the oncoming chills of weather quite prominently today in form of an ice cold wind (they say there will be snow tonight). So the dog went down the stairs behind me, and obviously thought we turn right (to the door) while I turned left to fetch some doobags because the spender box nearby was empty in the morning. so he cut my way, I fell down the last two stairs and I went over on my ankle. Outch. I am pretty sure it is nothing serious, I can walk, go by bike (which I did afterwards) and do all movements, but now (it is a good hour ago) it really starts to hurt. I put on a comfrey ointment, nothing to see, not even blue or something till now, maybe a tiny little bit swollen, so I really don't think it is anything that bad.

What can I do besides cooling to make my foot better, any suggestions?

Not really so strange. #1 was heading for a Darwin Award. #2 was simply not being fully aware and in control of yourself probably due to being previously upset.

I think you can look online to find more suggestions for care of your foot. I don't think this is an efficient use of the forum's time.

Well, wow, what a day you had ! If you have arnica it could help too.

And it made think, with what you said, that there could be another meaning for "chill", the one explained by Peter Levine to help get off a trauma.

Not really so strange. #1 was heading for a Darwin Award. #2 was simply not being fully aware and in control of yourself probably due to being previously upset.

I think you can look online to find more suggestions for care of your foot. I don't think this is an efficient use of the forum's time.
yes. I am sorry.

If it was an USB charger then I think it wasn't really dangerous (unless it pulls an outlet strip with it into the water). And if the bathtub/electricity thing is dangerous in general is debatable as well and depends on many things. But maybe the battery could catch fire due to fast discharging by an electrical short.

You have probably just overstretched the ligaments, it may swell up later on or tomorrow, but the discomfort should subside in 1-2 weeks or less depending on how severe it is. You can apply a cold pack/ frozen peas, no longer than 10 minutes at a time, every 1-2 hours. The main effect being pain relief in the initial stages. Only do this for 1-2 days as research shows it may hinder the repair process.

Do calf pumps to help fluid drainage if it swells:
and ankle rotations in 2 days' time.

If you have kinesiology tape you can apply it like this:

You have probably just overstretched the ligaments, it may swell up later on or tomorrow, but the discomfort should subside in 1-2 weeks or less depending on how severe it is. You can apply a cold pack/ frozen peas, no longer than 10 minutes at a time, every 1-2 hours. The main effect being pain relief in the initial stages. Only do this for 1-2 days as research shows it may hinder the repair process.

Do calf pumps to help fluid drainage if it swells:
and ankle rotations in 2 days' time.

If you have kinesiology tape you can apply it like this:

thank you so much! I also have those tapes at home!

This is a day of learning for me. you have read what happened. I seem to be out of myself today. This reminds me of Jordan Petersons Rules For Life, i think it is rule number 4: care for yourself as good as you would do for a beloved one. And that is a true lesson to learn. I have all the stuff at home, but I have it for my pets mostly. I had a strange stirring the whole day. And yes, I was a little bit proud of me, because I didn't think I could react that fast. Once another dog subordinated my dog in a way that LOOKED horrible, but in the end no harm at all was done. Not even a scratch. In that situation I was like looking at me from outside, watching myself being frozen and not being able to do anything. I heard myself breathing hard.
I was chewing on that frozen state at that moment for many months. But that I could get that phone before plunging in the bathtub - never thought of that.

Thank you all, Laura of course included, for your comments. I learned a lot about myself today, things falling into place stuff.

Back
Top Bottom