UFO in Toulouse

Gaby

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
Presumably a meteor according to witnesses. It was seen across a large area in the South of France, in Toulouse and vicinities. Found only a French article about it:

http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2009/01/20/527182-Un-Ovni-dans-le-ciel-toulousain.html

Un Ovni dans le ciel toulousain ?

L'objet a été observé à Villemur, Montauban, dans le Tarn...

Débris d'engin spatial ? Bout de météorite ? Petits hommes verts ? Les questions restent en suspens après la mystérieuse apparition qui a littéralement transpercé le ciel du nord du département, samedi en fin de journée. Plusieurs personnes ont été témoin de ce qu'elles ont décrit pour la plupart comme une « grosse lueur rouge qui tombait du ciel ». L'objet a ainsi été observé à Montauban, mais aussi aux frontières du Tarn ou encore à Villemur-sur-Tarn, où Martine, une habitante qui rentrait des courses, raconte : « j'ai soudain vu une sorte de carré rouge qui brillait comme du feu. L'objet a fait un arc dans le ciel. C'était vraiment très gros. Je suis saine d'esprit et ne crois pas aux extraterrestres. En revanche j'aimerais savoir ce que c'est… » De nombreux autres témoins, aussi… A l'observatoire de Jolimont à Toulouse, Laurent Koechlin a lui aussi vu l'étrange Ovni. Il confirme tout en restant prudent : « Nous avons eu plusieurs appels ce lundi. C'était bien un météore, ce qui veut dire que l'objet était réel et tombait du ciel. C'est le deuxième que j'observe dans ma vie. Pour ma part j'opterai pour un élément naturel mais il faudra recouper les informations pour en savoir plus. Je pense aussi qu'il était assez gros pour ne pas s'être entièrement disloqué. A mon avis, il est tombé et Il faut chercher vers le Sud, peut-être dans les Pyrénées… » Histoire à suivre…

Google translation:

Space debris? A fallen meteorite? Little green men? The issues remain unresolved after the mysterious outbreak that has literally pierced the skies of the northern region in the department Saturday afternoon. Several people have witnessed what they described as a most "big red glow that fell from heaven." The object was observed in Montauban, but also the borders of the Tarn or to Villemur-sur-Tarn, where Martine, a resident who was returning racing, said: "I suddenly saw a kind of shining red square like fire. The object made a rainbow in the sky. It was really big. I am of sound mind and do not believe in extraterrestrials. However I know what it is ... "Many other witnesses, also ... Observatory in Toulouse Jolimont, Laurent Koechlin also saw the strange UFOi. He confirmed while remaining cautious: "We had several calls on Monday. It was a meteor, which means that the object was real and fell from the sky. This is the second that I see in my life. For my part I will opt for a natural but it will match the information to learn more. I also think it was big enough not to have fully disintegrated. In my opinion, it is dropped and must be sought to the south, perhaps in the Pyrenees ...

I wonder what time of afternoon this happened? I was outside most of the afternoon, and only a few miles west of Montauban. It was broken cloud cover most of the day. I missed it. Bummer.

Rabelais said:
I wonder what time of afternoon this happened? I was outside most of the afternoon, and only a few miles west of Montauban. It was broken cloud cover most of the day. I missed it. Bummer.

In the original article we can read "samedi en fin de journée" (saturday, late afternoon). So the event probably occured around 5 p.m.

Back
Top Bottom