Urgent advice for my dad!

Mgse

Padawan Learner
Hi, everyone. This is especially for dr. Gaby and other members who work as doctors.

I'k like to have an immediate advice regarding my dad's health status after a series of blood tests done few days ago (attached, Romanian language easy to spot what type of test is about). The results look like he needs immediate care, some infection or inflammation, probably of pulmonary nature, with CRP and LDH high, leucocytes very high, low lymphocytes, lost a little bit of weight, without much appetite, face color changed, gets tired quickly. Two of doctors I know recommended to take him to the ER.

What should I do due to the emergency of this situation?

Note: I lost my mother during the COVID pandemic, probably a misery death at the hands of animals, they sent her back in a black bag, we weren't allowed to open the coffin etc. My father is afraid of these places, not sure what to do next.

Attachments

• IMG_20240607_214609.jpg
    IMG_20240607_214609.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20240607_214702.jpg
    IMG_20240607_214702.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20240607_214726.jpg
    IMG_20240607_214726.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20240607_214736.jpg
    IMG_20240607_214736.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20240607_214744.jpg
    IMG_20240607_214744.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20240607_214756.jpg
    IMG_20240607_214756.jpg
    750 KB · Views: 16
The results look like he needs immediate care, some infection or inflammation, probably of pulmonary nature, with CRP and LDH high, leucocytes very high, low lymphocytes, lost a little bit of weight, without much appetite, face color changed, gets tired quickly. Two of doctors I know recommended to take him to the ER.

I am sorry Mgse that your father isn't feeling well :hug2: I am also obviously not Gaby, but if two doctors suggested to take your father to the ER, and based on the symptoms you mentioned above, it means that the situation is serious enough to act asap and not wait for Gaby's or others reply that can take some time. At least that's how it looks to me.

Essencially, if the situation is serious, public forum isn't a place to ask for an emergency advice and wait before acting. It probably would be better to get emergency help first, and then there will be time to see what is going on and what can be done or improved.

To reiterate, it's been an hour and a half from your first post and asking for "immediate care". I hope you don't actually sit and wait for a reply if the situation is that urgent.

Hi Mgse. I think those results only give an overall view of the patient situation and now more specific exams are needed to understand the root cause of your dad illness.

If two doctors recommended to take him to the ER they certainly judge by other parameters, having the patient in front of them and that other exams are needed to find what is wrong. So do it, do not wait.

Say to your father that hospitals are equipped to quickly make a great variety of blood tests and so have a quick and precise diagnosis. Sooner being better.

Does doctors give you the pulse and blood pressure of your father?

Yeah, it's pretty impossible to do remote medicine in this context. You have to keep a cool head and inform yourself so your loved one can be protected during his hospital visit. Ask questions, insist on clarifications, etc.

Good luck and keep us posted.

It's been a long day. We're back at home with my father, according to the ER doctor the internal blood tests look ok, small differences here and there, got a IV infusion, but he didn't need to be hospitalised. I saw Gaby's post too late to ask questions and insist on clarifications in order to compare both blood tests (private & internal). I haven't seen the internal ones, my sister went with my father when called by the ER doctor and she forgot to get a copy. You need a formal request to get a copy and that's why it's very important to insist on clarifications (hopefully learned my lesson here).

My father needs to see a gastroenterologist and do a colonoscopy per doctor's recommendation, prescribed some pills for stomach relief like No-Spa (Drotaverine hydrochloride) and two others can't recall right now. We're still not out the woods yet, I'll watch my father's progress during this weekend.

You need a formal request to get a copy

Very strange that you need a formal request. The fact that they use No-Spa makes me think that the system shouldn't be too dissimilar to Russia. And they do give you all the test results and documentation, because you need this for further treatment.

Maybe you mean that now, after your sister forgot to take the tests, you need a formal request? Maybe call the hospital if possible or/and go to the ER, since there is a good chance they still have all the documentation.

And a lot of good luck and good health to your father :hug2:

Last weekend went ok for my dad, no issues, no stomach pain, slept well, good appetite. Since last Tuesday when his health became worse, I've started him on a few supplements (coenzyme Q10, Super K, Lithium Orotate 1g, Probiotic, Vitamin C 1-2g, Vitamin D3-K2 drops 5000 UI, Interferonat - immune booster, Ivermectin 9g, digestive enzymes) and with the IV infusion received during his ER visit (plus food easier to digest especially chicken or turkey liver given through graters) it seems that these helped him get on his feet again. I arranged an appointment with a gastroenterologist this Thursday afternoon to see whether a cause might be found for his earlier problems (lack of appetite, weak, mild anemia, mild difficulty breathing, stomach pain, bloating). If nothing major is found it could've been a stomach bug or something, we will see. Like I said I will keep you up to date, hopefully others experiencing same symptoms might have an idea on how to select the best outcome. Right now, I'm on my way to the hospital to file out a request of obtaining a copy of his blood tests performed last Saturday.

I'd like to thank everyone for their support.

Last edited:
A little update: my dad is doing good. Yesterday we went to the see the gastro, performed a ultrasound scan and the results were: stomach and pancreas in good condition, simple cysts on both kidneys without stones, without hydronephrosis, sluggish gallbladder. The doctor prescribed some medication and warned him to pay more attention to his diet what foods to take and which ones to avoid.

Back
Top Bottom