Vaccine Dangers enquiry,

chaps23

Jedi Master
Hi Guys,

With running the risk of creating more noise, the forum search system and I just don't seem to get along very well and I can hardly ever find relevant information to assist me. Can I please have some links to relevant & recent studies involving vaccine's for my research? I am obviously against vaccines but I wish to have a more in depth view and a lot of google searching has been futile! with a lot of the leads I have been persuing ending in disinformation.

any assistance will be appreciated.

Hi Chaps 23

Find below a list of books on vaccines that I found useful. Some of these books have been mentioned on the forum in discussions on vaccination. Hope this helps.

Childhood Vaccination: Questions All Parents Should Ask
Dr Tedd Koren

Vaccination, Social Violence and Criminality
Harris L. Coulter, Ph.D

Vaccine Epidemic: How Corporate Greed, Biased Science, and Coercive Government Threaten Our Human Rights, Our Health, and Our Children
Louise Kuo Habakus and Mary Holland

A Shot in the Dark
Harris L Coulter

Vaccination Is Not Immunization 3rd Ed. Third Edition
Tim O´shea

Vaccines: Are They Really Safe and Effective?
Neil Z Miller

TThe Truth about Vaccines
Richard Halvorsen

Vaccinations: A Thoughtful Parent's Guide: How to Make Safe, Sensible Decisions about the Risks, Benefits, and Alternatives
Aviva Jill Romm

Just a Little Prick
Peter Butler

Here are some studies that does not conclude that vaccine is effective against influenza:

Influenza Vaccination in Children with Asthma
Herman J. Bueving, Roos M. D. Bernsen, Johan C. de Jongste, Lisette W. A. van Suijlekom-Smit,
Guus F. Rimmelzwaan, Albert D. M. E. Osterhaus, Maureen P. M. H. Rutten-van Molken,
Siep Thomas, and Johannes C. van der Wouden
“We determined whether influenza vaccination is more effective than placebo in 6–18-year-old children with asthma.
Primary outcome was the number of asthma exacerbations associated with virologically proven influenza infection.”
Three hundred forty-nine children were assigned placebo, and 347 were assigned vaccine.
We conclude that influenza vaccination did not result in a significant reduction of the number, severity, or duration of asthma exacerbations caused by influenza.

Vaccines for preventing influenza in healthy adults.
Jefferson T, Di Pietrantonj C, Rivetti A, Bawazeer GA, Al-Ansary LA, Ferroni E.
OBJECTIVES: Identify, retrieve and assess all studies evaluating the effects of vaccines against influenza in healthy adults.
SEARCH STRATEGY: We searched the Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) (The Cochrane Library, 2010, issue 2), MEDLINE (January 1966 to June 2010) and EMBASE (1990 to June 2010).
SELECTION CRITERIA:
Randomised controlled trials (RCTs) or quasi-RCTs comparing influenza vaccines with placebo or no intervention in naturally-occurring influenza in healthy individuals aged 16 to 65 years. We also included comparative studies assessing serious and rare harms
MAIN RESULTS:
We included 50 reports. Forty (59 sub-studies) were clinical trials of over 70,000 people.
In the relatively uncommon circumstance of vaccine matching the viral circulating strain and high circulation, 4% of unvaccinated people versus 1% of vaccinated people developed influenza symptoms
The corresponding figures for poor vaccine matching were 2% and 1%. These differences were not likely to be due to chance.
Vaccination had a modest effect on time off work and had no effect on hospital admissions or complication rates.
Inactivated vaccines caused local harms and an estimated 1.6 additional cases of Guillain-Barré Syndrome per million vaccinations.

AUTHORS' CONCLUSIONS:
Influenza vaccines have a modest effect in reducing influenza symptoms and working days lost. There is no evidence that they affect complications, such as pneumonia, or transmission.
WARNING: This review includes 15 out of 36 trials funded by industry. An earlier systematic review of 274 influenza vaccine studies published up to 2007 found industry funded studies were published in more prestigious journals and cited more than other studies independently from methodological quality and size.
Studies funded from public sources were significantly less likely to report conclusions favorable to the vaccines. The review showed that reliable evidence on influenza vaccines is thin but there is evidence of widespread manipulation of conclusions and spurious notoriety of the studies.

Influenza vaccine effectiveness among children 6 to 59 months of age during 2 influenza seasons: a case-cohort study.
Szilagyi PG, Fairbrother G, Griffin MR, Hornung RW, Donauer S, Morrow A, Altaye M, Zhu Y, Ambrose S, Edwards KM, Poehling KA, Lofthus G, Holloway M, Finelli L, Iwane M, Staat MA; New Vaccine Surveillance Network.

OBJECTIVE:
To measure vaccine effectiveness (VE) in preventing influenza-related health care visits among children aged 6 to 59 months during 2 consecutive influenza seasons.
DESIGN:
We compared vaccination status of laboratory-confirmed influenza cases with a cluster sample of children from a random sample of practices in 3 counties (subcohort) during the 2003-2004 and 2004-2005 seasons.
PARTICIPANTS:
Children aged 6 to 59 months seen in inpatient/ED or outpatient clinic settings for acute respiratory illnesses and community-based subcohort comparison. Main Exposure Influenza vaccination.
RESULTS:
However, significant influenza VE could not be demonstrated for any season, age, or setting after adjusting for county, sex, insurance, chronic conditions recommended for influenza vaccination, and timing of influenza vaccination
CONCLUSION:
In 2 seasons with suboptimal antigenic match between vaccines and circulating strains, we could not demonstrate VE in preventing influenza-related inpatient/ED or outpatient visits in children younger than 5 years. Further study is needed during years with good vaccine match.

Influenza vaccination for healthcare workers who work with the elderly – Feb 2010
Department of Medicine, University of Calgary, UCMC, Alberta, Canada.
OBJECTIVES: To identify studies of vaccinating HCWs and the incidence of influenza, its complications and influenza-like illness (ILI) in individuals >/= 60 in long-term care facilities (LTCFs).
Two authors independently extracted data and assessed risk of bias.
AUTHORS' CONCLUSIONS:
No effect was shown for specific outcomes: laboratory-proven influenza, pneumonia and death from pneumonia. An effect was shown for the non-specific outcomes of ILI, GP consultations for ILI and all-cause mortality in individuals >/= 60.

These non-specific outcomes are difficult to interpret because ILI includes many pathogens, and winter influenza contributes < 10% to all-cause mortality in individuals >/= 60. The key interest is preventing laboratory-proven influenza in individuals >/= 60, pneumonia and deaths from pneumonia, and we cannot draw such conclusions.
We conclude there is no evidence that vaccinating HCWs prevents influenza in elderly residents.

Impact of influenza vaccination on seasonal mortality in the US elderly population.
Simonsen L, Reichert TA, Viboud C, Blackwelder WC, Taylor RJ, Miller MA.
BACKGROUND:
Observational studies report that influenza vaccination reduces winter mortality risk from any cause by 50% among the elderly. Influenza vaccination coverage among elderly persons (> or =65 years) in the United States increased from between 15% and 20% before 1980 to 65% in 2001. Unexpectedly, estimates of influenza-related mortality in this age group also increased during this period. We tried to reconcile these conflicting findings by adjusting excess mortality estimates for aging and increased circulation of influenza A(H3N2) viruses.

RESULTS:
For people aged 65 to 74 years, excess mortality rates in A(H3N2)-dominated seasons fell between 1968 and the early 1980s but remained approximately constant thereafter. For persons 85 years or older, the mortality rate remained flat throughout. Excess mortality in A(H1N1) and B seasons did not change. All-cause excess mortality for persons 65 years or older never exceeded 10% of all winter deaths.
CONCLUSIONS:
We attribute the decline in influenza-related mortality among people aged 65 to 74 years in the decade after the 1968 pandemic to the acquisition of immunity to the emerging A(H3N2) virus. We could not correlate increasing vaccination coverage after 1980 with declining mortality rates in any age group. Because fewer than 10% of all winter deaths were attributable to influenza in any season, we conclude that observational studies substantially overestimate vaccination benefit.

Influenza-related mortality in the Italian elderly: no decline associated with increasing vaccination coverage.
Rizzo C, Viboud C, Montomoli E, Simonsen L, Miller MA.
We investigated trends in influenza-related mortality among the elderly population in Italy associated with increased vaccination coverage.
Using Italian vital statistics data, we studied monthly death rates for pneumonia and influenza and all-cause for persons >/=65 years of age by 5-year age groups for 1970-2001.
We studied trends in excess mortality after adjusting for population aging and analyzing separately seasons dominated by the severe A/H3N2 subtype and those dominated by other circulating influenza subtypes.
After the late 1980s, no decline in age-adjusted excess mortality was associated with increasing influenza vaccination distribution primarily targeted for the elderly.
These findings suggest that either the vaccine failed to protect the elderly against mortality (possibly due to immune senescence), and/or the vaccination efforts did not adequately target the frailest elderly.
As in the US, our study challenges current strategies to best protect the elderly against mortality, warranting the need for better controlled trials with alternative vaccination strategies.

Thank you for bringing this up Chaps23. It was very timely for me. My children are due for well visits and I know the Dr will be extremely challenging on the vaccine issue. I am trying to absorb as much as I can on this while gathering my information.

At the moment, I have a few friends who are interested in reading and then getting together to discuss this topic. Thank you for your list of books Jeremy F Kreuz. It was very helpful to me.

How timely, I was just emailing a friend some links this morning.

Another approach for the wellness visits is to hunt down a doc who is on the same side as you... not an easy task, I know. Our doc's office closed and there is a huge waiting list for anyone non-vac friendly.

I highly, highly recommend Tim O'Shea's book "Vaccination Is Not Immunization" that the other person mentioned.

His tone is a little abrasive/alarmist, but that being said, the information is excellent - he uses industry stats, with 300 article citations, and twists their own arguments against them in a logical, coherent manner (which is lacking in so much of the information out there!). Plus it's a compact book, not a tome, it gets to the point. I just saw that he has an updated version ($25 plus s/h) and I'm going to pick that up too:

www(dot)immunitionltd.com/book/vaccination-is-not-immunization.htm

here is a link to Tim O'Shea's website, a treasure trove for the vaccination topic in particular:

www(dot)thedoctorwithin.com/chapters/

Also, for some powerful excerpts, see these two condensed articles:

www(dot)newswithviews.com/Rappoport/jon105.htm
www(dot)newswithviews.com/Rappoport/jon106.htm

All the best!
Grace

I have a 3.5 yr old. Not vaccinated.. not on my life. If I ever take him to the docs which is rarely and they 'hassle' me, I ask for independent studies to prove that any of the vaccinations are proven effective. I have not yet received such information as its just not on hand.

Some vaccinations haven't been around long enough for those studies to even exist.. our children are the study groups.. your child if you choose him to be.. not my child, no way.

The doctors surgery is a place to diagnose disease and sell drugs.. not offer unbiased information. Thats our job as learned individuals. Follow the masses and be led astray, Its much more convenient, I'm sure.

This is an australian website which seems to be an off shoot of the Australian Truth movement group I was apart of back in the day! Its got some great links.

http://vaccinedangers.com.au/

I searched the forum for vaccine education, and this seems to be the main post. I will be ordering Vaccination Is Not Immunization based on recommendations here.

I stopped all vaccines several months ago with my spouse's agreement. I thought that was the end of the issue, but it is back. [reminds me of always expect attack]

My child's pediatrician has dropped opposition for going unvaccinated, except for 3 particular vaccines: whooping cough, hib, and pneumoccal [from my memory, papers not with me at the moment]. So my spouse is caving under the doctor's insistence, and I need education on these 3.

hlat, I'm sorry you're going through this.

I'm on a different computer thus do not have my bookmarked articles on hand.

I highly recommend doing an article search on SOTT.net, if you haven't already. Simply the BEST resource for articles out there (and affiliated/run by members of this forum).

Try a search on those specific vaccinations - that will probably help you more than a general vaccination key word search, which will give you at least a hundred articles to wade through.

Another aspect to this, is if your child does get vaccinated, apparently an extremely useful item is an icepack to put on the shot location - it prevents the whole body from having an inflammatory response, brain in particular. this author/nurologist states that it's one of the very most important things you can do. (next would be immune support and detox support)

I believe it was a Russell Blaylock video that talked about this. Try looking it up on YouTube, if or when ever necessary. He goes into some supplements to support the child at the time too. He has authored several books, but I do not know if any go into this.

Also, never do a group of vaccinations in one visit (if someone insists on "catching up"), spacing them out is very, very important. More of a chance for their body to recover between shots.

Another perspective to this is educating your wife about how these diseases are rather easily handled these days with early medical treatment, so there is no need to be alarmist and reactionary (fear mongered) into getting the shots. Also, waiting until the child's blood-brain barrier is more developed, after age 2 (but it's an ongoing process even after that) to lessen the toxin load in the child's brain.

Here's another angle that was very compelling for us, in case you haven't come across it. We have a boy, and the local stats at the time of his birth (in Milwaukee, WI) was that 1 in 100 boys are on the autism spectrum (much higher now).

Frankly, I'm not willing to risk those stats when a round of antibiotics can cure what ails ya.

Also, there's a WHOLE lot of other ways to bulk up on that toxin load that creates that cascade into illness - it's not just vaccinations (which are evil in many, many other ways anyway). I always talk to my family about just hedging our bets towards health incrimentally, doing the best we can/afford as we go, because it is the build up of toxins that does us in (that pulls the trigger).

Additionally, depending on your local (again, forgive me if you already know this) the schools may "mandate" proof of up to date vaccinations. Again, in my state, vaccinations are "required" BUT all you have to do is flip the form over and check the check box stating that you are opting out for personal reasons. Nothing else is required, nothing, no proof of religious conviction, etc. I highlight it in marker so that they see it, otherwise they call for the doc transcripts annually. Also, if you did need the religious exemption, the Cassiopaea group can provide it for you through...(?) drat, I'm forgetting the acronym for this group here - someone else can pipe in or try that pesky search engine again.

Again, my heart goes out to you. Best of luck.

Hlat, in my experience, going to a pediatrician and talking to them about non-vaxing or an alternative vax schedule is like going to a McDonalds and demanding that they make you an organic KD meal. They are not equipped to provide it because it's not simply outside of their stated purpose, it's antithetical to it.

Fighting infectious diseases of children is the major stated purpose of pediatrics as a profession. This is the basis on which it was developed in the 19th century. In present time, the ruling philosophy in childhood-specific infectious illness is prevention. This means vaccines, and that means that, for a child under 2 or so, pediatrician's main role is that of a vaccine provider. If you didn't vaccinate your child and didn't have specific concerns regarding his/her health, there would be no reasons to go to that doctor at all.

Consider also that you are buying a service when you are going to the doctor. This one of the very few situations when a service provider feels within their right and even obligated to aggressively push their profit-based service on you. Yet, it is framed in moral and legal terms, designed to whip up your emotions and undermine your feeling of competence. What I mean is, the very relationship in which the doctor is putting pressure on a basically healthy individual to undergo a bona fide medical treatment is fundamentally flawed, and nowhere it is as obvious as in pediatric vaccinations.

You might want to reconsider why you feel you need an educated reply. A relationship where simply saying "no thank you" is sufficient may be better.

A family physician may be more amenable to going along with your anti-vax position. Family practitioners are also trained in treating children. They, however, do not have as big of a stock of vaccines to push through before they expire, and, as I understand, possibly less pressure from the insurers to have everyone in their practice up-to-date on their shots.

HOpe this all works out for you and your family,

Hildegarda said:
Hlat, in my experience, going to a pediatrician and talking to them about non-vaxing or an alternative vax schedule is like going to a McDonalds and demanding that they make you an organic KD meal. They are not equipped to provide it because it's not simply outside of their stated purpose, it's antithetical to it.

Fighting infectious diseases of children is the major stated purpose of pediatrics as a profession. This is the basis on which it was developed in the 19th century. In present time, the ruling philosophy in childhood-specific infectious illness is prevention. This means vaccines, and that means that, for a child under 2 or so, pediatrician's main role is that of a vaccine provider. If you didn't vaccinate your child and didn't have specific concerns regarding his/her health, there would be no reasons to go to that doctor at all.

Consider also that you are buying a service when you are going to the doctor. This one of the very few situations when a service provider feels within their right and even obligated to aggressively push their profit-based service on you. Yet, it is framed in moral and legal terms, designed to whip up your emotions and undermine your feeling of competence. What I mean is, the very relationship in which the doctor is putting pressure on a basically healthy individual to undergo a bona fide medical treatment is fundamentally flawed, and nowhere it is as obvious as in pediatric vaccinations.

You might want to reconsider why you feel you need an educated reply. A relationship where simply saying "no thank you" is sufficient may be better.

A family physician may be more amenable to going along with your anti-vax position. Family practitioners are also trained in treating children. They, however, do not have as big of a stock of vaccines to push through before they expire, and, as I understand, possibly less pressure from the insurers to have everyone in their practice up-to-date on their shots.

HOpe this all works out for you and your family,

Well written, I agree completely.

LOL, for the Blaylock link I referenced above, I have another link to a post on this forum by Shijing in Re: Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Vaccines

Shijing said:
Hi Mocachapeau --

mocachapeau said:
I really am looking at whatever comes as an adventure, an experience, but I also feel that the STO thing to do is to do whatever is necessary to be there for my family. And if my wife has decided that the kids are to receive the vaccine, I don't see any way I could stop that.

Any thoughts?

Its a tough situation when you and your wife aren't on the same page about vaccinations, and this is an excellent example of how the people pushing the vaccines are trying to herd dissenters into a corner. I agree that the optimal situation would be to avoid the vaccinations, and I hope that a way opens up for you to do that for your whole family. If not, though, there are a couple of recent released on Mercola.com about what to do if you do have to take the vaccine for some reason:

_http://products.mercola.com/multivitamin-vital-minerals/?source=nl
_http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/09/19/The-Truth-about-the-Flu-Shot.aspx

Below is an excerpt from the second link above:

The Following was composed by Dr. Russell Blaylock as a method to reduce autoimmune reactions to the flu vaccines only. Do not use this if you have the flu itself. These are just general observations and not medical advice. You should work with your doctor for a specific program.

Treatment for Toxic Vaccine Exposure

Place a cold compress on the site of the injection immediately after the injection and continue this as often as possible for at least two days. If symptoms of fever, irritability, fatigue or flu-like symptoms reoccur -- continue the cold compresses until they abate. A cold shower or bath will also help.

Take fish oils -- I recommend the Norwegian fish oil made by Carlson Labs -- it has the correct balance of EPA and DHA to reduce the cytokine storm. The dose is one tablespoon a day -- if severe symptoms develop -- two tablespoons a day until well and then switch to one tablespoon a day. Children -- one teaspoon a day.

Curcumin, quercetin, ferulic acid and ellagic acid as a mixture -- the first two must be mixed with extravirgin olive in one teaspoon. Take the mix three times a day (500 mg of each)

Vitamin E (natural form) 400 IU a day (high in gamma-E)

Vitamin C 1000 mg four times a day

Astaxanthin 4 mg a day

Zinc 20 mg a day for one week then 5 mg a day

Avoid all immune stimulating supplements (mushroom extracts, whey protein) except beta-glucan -- it has been shown to reduce inflammation, microglial activation and has a reduced risk of aggravating autoimmunity, while increasing antiviral cellular immunity.

Take a multivitamin/mineral daily (one without iron -- Extend Core)

Magnesium citrate/malate 500 mg of elemental magnesium two capsules three times a day

Vitamin D3:

All Children -- 5000 IU a day for two weeks after vaccine then 2000 IU a day thereafter

Adults -- 20,000 IU a day after vaccine for two weeks then 10,000 IU a day thereafter

Take 500 mg to 1000 mg of calcium citrate a day for adults and 250 mg a day for children under age 12 years.

Avoid all mercury-containing seafood

Avoid omega-6 oils (corn, safflower, sunflower, soybean, canola and peanut oils)

Blenderize parsley and celery and drink 8 ounces twice a day

Take Jatoba tea extract (add 20 drops in on cup of tea) one day before the vaccine and the twice a day thereafter. (you can get it at http://www.iherb.com/Amazon-Therapeutics-Jatoba-1-oz-30-ml/14429?at=0) It is inexpensive.

I think the FIR sauna (depending on the age of your kids) and detox supps in general are a good idea (if you haven't already, search for the MMS thread here for more info about whether it might be a good option or not -- it seems to be a bit more complicated). I hope this helps, and I really feel for you, both because of your family and your job. Oh, and FWIW, I assume that quarantine at present means confinement to your own home should it be actually enforced.

I thank everyone for the replies. My current position is still no more vaccines. At my spouse's request, I will be taking the children to the pediatrician now as I am better able to say no.

I want to do more research not to reply to the doctor but to reply to my spouse. We initially were suspicious of vaccines due to autism concerns. The control system can push my spouse around though, so I need some more knowledge to anchor us. It doesn't seem to be enough for me to generally say to my spouse that vaccines have never been proven to be effective, and that the ingredients within like aluminum and MSG are bad.

That Blaylock quote seems to suggest an excessive number of supplements at first glance. We already give the 1 year old vitamin D drops, and I just ordered liposomal vitamin C. I could probably mix in from the capsule the fermented cod liver oil and butter oil too. And it is good to know about the cold compress. Hopefully none of these will be necessary and I don't change my no vaccine position.

Back
Top Bottom