Vaxxed: from Cover-up to Catastrophe

Cyre2067

The Living Force
I went to see Vaxxed this weekend with PhoenixtoEmbers, Guille & Etro and we all found it pretty interesting. I'll leave it to the guys to give their impressions, but for myself I found it really educational.

Here's the trailer:

https://vimeo.com/159566038

I wasn't really sure what to expect going in. I knew that the film was by Dr. Andrew Wakefield, and would naturally be critically of the vaccine industry, but what I didn't know was how well argued the film's core premise would be. That premise is that the CDC has lied, for well-over a decade, after it was tasked in 2000 with determining, definitively, whether there was a correlation between the MMR vaccine and autism.

The film follows Dr Brian Hooker as he gets access to original CDC data via a whistleblower from inside the organization, Dr William Thompson. Dr Thompson alleges a conspiracy of incredible proportions. Destruction of documents, obstruction of justice, grievous harm inflicted upon children are just a few of the crimes this film suggest occurred. When you see it yourself, compare the evidence to the testimony of parents who have autistic kids, you just can't help but ask yourself are we being lied to?

We also see first-hand the symptoms of autism, up-close, from the parents perspective. Throughout the film, you hear again & again, my child was normal, healthy and happy until he got his 12-month immunizations. There was even one case that was a pair of twins, the first twin had such a terrible reaction that the mother pulled her kids out of there. The boy ended up severely autistic & the girl is a straight-A student who plays classical piano, basically disproving any sort of genetic factor as the cause.

Overall I thought the film was powerful. It showed how pharmaceutical industry executives, academics and regulators are all filled from the same pool of people and how those people move between each sector with ease. There was even one lady who was head of the CDC during the 'definitive' (read as fraudulent) CDC study that 'disproved' the MMR-Autism link and guess where she works now? Head of Merck's Vaccine Division.

We learn about 'Vaccine Court' which is where parents who believe their children were damaged by vaccines go to sue for compensation - they can't sue the manufacturer due to a piece of 1986 legislation that says taxpayers foot the bill, not pharma co's. Thanks to this fraudulent study, autistic spectrum disorders cannot be blamed on the MMR, saving tax payers around 3 trillion dollars in compensation which would be owed to these families IF the MMR-Autism link was proven.

Right now it's playing in NYC @ the Angelika & Santa Monica @ their affiliate there. There's a few other film-festivals that it's showing at, and you can follow the developments at their website: _http://www.vaxxedthemovie.com/

I'm assuming it will eventually be available either to stream or on Netflix, right now I'm getting the impression that they're riding the buzz and by keeping it exclusively in theaters it drives the conversation. I wouldn't even have heard about it unless it was pulled from the Tribeca film fest and the resultant controversy.

Overall a great film, worth seeing, highly recommended.

ADMIN: corrected spelling in subject field.

Re: Vaxxed: from Cover-up to Catatrosphe

Thanks for the review, Puck. By all accounts, this movie is a damning and scathing indictment of the CDC. Its clear that the CDC and allied companies/organizations now have to do everything in their power to delegitimize the information presented, otherwise it could threaten to tear the whole sick system down. As has been shown in a number of recent articles on Sott, the media's attention to the Tribeca Film Festival's pulling of the film actually ended up giving it a lot more attention than it might have received otherwise, so in that regard, the ptb could have ended up unintentionally shooting itself in its foot by trying to suppress it.

Some good articles:

http://www.sott.net/article/316167-Why-is-the-Center-for-Disease-Control-petrified-of-the-film-Vaxxed
http://www.sott.net/article/315510-How-and-why-did-they-get-Robert-De-Niro-to-pull-Vaxxed-from-the-Tribeca-Film-Festival
http://www.sott.net/article/315335-Controversial-documentary-Vaxxed-From-Cover-Up-to-Catastrophe-causes-a-stir-in-the-media
http://www.sott.net/article/315715-Vaxxed-premiers-In-New-York-City-full-review
http://www.sott.net/article/316084-An-up-close-and-personal-reason-on-why-Vaxxed-was-sacked
http://www.sott.net/article/316033-Powerful-forces-threaten-Houston-Texas-film-festival-to-pull-VAXXED-documentary-heavy-handed-censorship-by-government-officials-who-want-the-film-shut-down

Health and Wellness Show
http://www.sott.net/article/315644-The-Health-Wellness-Show-Connecting-the-don-ts-and-what-you-can-actually-do

Thanks for the review Puck, sounds like a very informative movie!

What I find interesting is what Gary Null says in his recent article about the movie:

During the past eight years, we have directed and produced three award winning documentaries about vaccine injury, autism, and the serious flaws and failures in CDC-approved vaccine science. These films, however, have focused more upon the medical science that challenge vaccine safety and efficacy rather than the rampant corruption in our federal health agencies in Washington. There was no outcry over these films being screened at film festivals across the nation, although considerable venom came forth from the pharmaceutical paid trolls in the blogosphere and the Sci-copaths in the cult of evidence based medicine. While our films are explicitly anti-vaccination, Vaxxed isn't. So what might account for this massive media outrage?

So why all the media attention now? Is it because the movie exposes a balanced point of view in addition to highlighting the rampant corruption in federal health agencies? Or is it because the discourse is getting more attention now? And parents are starting to think twice before vaccination, where they may have just gone along before. Not really sure :/

For those who maybe interested one of Gary Nulls films on the vaccine issue is available here: Silent Epidemic; The Untold Story of Vaccines

I second what Puck said: I found this film educational. I only had a vague understanding of the vaccine issue, specifically the MMR vaccine and its connection to autism. It wasn't a subject I ever looked into much, but this film did an excellent job at breaking it down. It was also a very balanced take on the issue, not only providing the positions against the MMR vaccine but the opposing viewpoints that supported vaccines. And what really made it so compelling was the ending, when the film-makers presented the doctors who supported vaccines whole-heartedly with the evidence against the MMR's touted safety and Thompson's testimony against the CDC, and it changed their perspectives completely.

It's also a highly emotional film. Seeing the struggle of the children effected and their families is deeply upsetting. I remember one scene of a baby having a seizure as the mother is holding it, nervously telling her she'll be alright and to 'come back' - it was disturbing and made me really sad and angry. I looked at Puck and he was tearing up. :/

If you get a chance to go see this documentary, do it. I really hope it gains more attention.

Thank you for the review guys, I hope we all get the chance to watch this film.

'Awapuhi said:
What I find interesting is what Gary Null says in his recent article about the movie:

During the past eight years, we have directed and produced three award winning documentaries about vaccine injury, autism, and the serious flaws and failures in CDC-approved vaccine science. These films, however, have focused more upon the medical science that challenge vaccine safety and efficacy rather than the rampant corruption in our federal health agencies in Washington. There was no outcry over these films being screened at film festivals across the nation, although considerable venom came forth from the pharmaceutical paid trolls in the blogosphere and the Sci-copaths in the cult of evidence based medicine. While our films are explicitly anti-vaccination, Vaxxed isn't. So what might account for this massive media outrage?

So why all the media attention now? Is it because the movie exposes a balanced point of view in addition to highlighting the rampant corruption in federal health agencies? Or is it because the discourse is getting more attention now? And parents are starting to think twice before vaccination, where they may have just gone along before. Not really sure :/

I think the bolded is exactly why we're seeing this kind of attention. As long as people are involved in the "vaccine's cause autism" argument, they can be painted as nutjobs by the MSM and no one will pay attention to what they're actually saying. But by sidestepping that typical discourse and highlighting the corruption it shines light at the heart of the issue. Evidence of corruption can't be dismissed as "antivaxxer propaganda" quite as easily. And if there's damning evidence of tampering, the big question on everyone's mind has to be why?, opening the door to more questioning.

It's going to be very interesting to see how all this plays out.

And if there's damning evidence of tampering, the big question on everyone's mind has to be why?, opening the door to more questioning.

Indeed. Whatever is in those shots, it appears to be vitally important that it be administered to everyone.

WOW!!! I'm kind of speechless... Thanks Sott for all the great articles, this is one Explosive story. Here is the interview with the director Del Bigtree, very impressive.

As part of the coordinated censorship campaign against this film, ABC World News Tonight also censored 99% of the following interview with VAXXED producer Del Bigtree. This video has gone viral with over 200,000 views on YouTube alone. (It's almost astonishing that YouTube hasn't banned the video yet...)

https://youtu.be/tvcdh7KlgPI

Found in this article: http://www.sott.net/article/316033-Powerful-forces-threaten-Houston-Texas-film-festival-to-pull-VAXXED-documentary-heavy-handed-censorship-by-government-officials-who-want-the-film-shut-down

Hello! I am very interested in seeing this documentary ,
Is there any way to find it online with subtitles in Spanish ? thank you very much

Lavinia_Sofia said:
Is there any way to find it online with subtitles in Spanish ? thank you very much

As far as I know, it's not available online yet, although it's possible that might change if the makers wish to spread the information wider - I imagine it'll also go to DVD. Right now I believe there's only a few screenings going on in select theaters.

PhoenixToEmber said:
Lavinia_Sofia said:

As far as I know, it's not available online yet, although it's possible that might change if the makers wish to spread the information wider - I imagine it'll also go to DVD. Right now I believe there's only a few screenings going on in select theaters.

thank you very much PhoenixToEmber for your answer!
I hope that spread to enjoy it one hundred percent :knitting:

Lavinia_Sofia said:

Posting an update about the documentary, on May 19th it was shown in Compton, California the following article is on SOTT:

Screening of Vaxxed in Compton, California sees community unite & revolt against Big Pharma

After each premiere showing, the Vaxxed producers Del Bigtree, Polly Tommey and Andrew Wakefield are on hand for Q&A session so the audience can further the discussion started by the documentary. In the film’s short history, the trajectory and discussion of these Q&A’s have exposed a critical mass of the population demanding change. The culmination of which happened on May 19 in the City of Compton, California where Mayor Aja L. Brown was the first to offer a free showing of the film for the city. However, it was the Q&A that followed where the fireworks really began.

Watching the discussion live, viewers couldn’t help feel that they had stumbled upon the epicenter of something fiercely visceral that is wrong in America. In addition to the usual suspects, Compton’s Vaxxed Q&A added two major league voices to the panel. Minister Tony Muhammad, Student Western Regional Minister of the Nation of Islam and Sheila Ealey, mother of a vaccine-injured son who stars in the film Vaxxed.

At the end of the article there is a video of the Q&A discussion - 20 minutes into the video Del Bigtree talks about translating the film into every language :D

https://youtu.be/Jxl7xYiHgjg

It is a good thing to see people drop their walls, come together in the understanding that all these racial, religious, political and other divisions are false. The other thing is it is snapping people out of their sleep, letting them see what is really happening with our leadership.

Yupo said:
It is a good thing to see people drop their walls, come together in the understanding that all these racial, religious, political and other divisions are false. The other thing is it is snapping people out of their sleep, letting them see what is really happening with our leadership.

I agree. I've noticed that it seems to me a lot of those people who are so willing to label people who object to vaccines and especially forced vaccinations as ignorant are quite often people who have been deeply indoctrinated by their medical training, so they're really "smart."

I also keep wondering if all these people in the limelight can manage to stay healthy. I certainly hope so.

Judy

Back
Top Bottom