VIDEO: Psychologists Helping 9-11 "Truth Deniers" Face The Facts

JGeropoulas

The Living Force
I found this video on David Ray Griffin's website a year ago but just realized I never posted it on here. In it, several psychologists who practice together (in Colorado I believe) discuss their efforts to help clients face the facts about 9-11.

As a psychologist working in private practice for 20+ years, it was deeply gratifying to see my fellow psychologists (a) aware of the truth about 9-11 and (b) utilizing their clinical skills to treat one of America's worst "mental health" problems: denial about 9-11.

Here are a sample of messages they seek to convey to their clients when the opportunity presents itself:

"Questioning is patriotic"

"To become the country we think we are, we must face the things that are not as we think they are"

"Not being able to see our dark side or weaknesses is the most dangerous thing"

"We need the truth in order to heal"

Among other topics, they discuss how these factors cause people to become "truth deniers": fear, cognitive dissonance, and American narcissism/pride.

They also offer suggestions about how to help people hear the truth.

Here's a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEGgAk1AbA4&feature=player_embedded#!

yep that video was mentioned here in some threads and it is the last part of a great 9 11 documentary:
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,26813.msg324131.html#msg324131

I think it was also mentioned on SOTT.

Pashalis said:
yep that video was mentioned here in some threads and it is the last part of a great 9 11 documentary:

That video you linked has nothing to do with the one I posted about. That thread seems to be discussing a video done by engineers and the physical aspects of the trade tower destruction. The video I posted about is done by psychologists. Maybe you gave me the wrong link, but I searched prior to posting and found nothing under key words like "deniers."

Thank you for sharing this, JGeropoulas!

You wrote:

JGeropoulas said:
Here are a sample of messages they seek to convey to their clients when the opportunity presents itself:

I completely agree that people need to >man< up to be able to accept that those people in the Twin Towers were >murdered< by the non-elected (remember the chads?) U.S. government for the purposes of justifying a war (for the sake of greed) which murdered and was a terrible crime against even MORE people, not to mention that the illegal, immoral (at least!) war justified the shredding of the Bill of Rights -- but how does this come up in a therapeutic setting? How could this opportunity present itself? Although I do appreciate very much the attempt at enlightening, I just wonder at the ethics of having this on the agenda.

JGeropoulas said:
Pashalis said:

That video you linked has nothing to do with the one I posted about. That thread seems to be discussing a video done by engineers and the physical aspects of the trade tower destruction. The video I posted about is done by psychologists. Maybe you gave me the wrong link, but I searched prior to posting and found nothing under key words like "deniers."

look at 01:52:30 until 02:10:43 into the video I posted. It seems that it was orginally a part of this 9 11 documentary.

How about "The Anti-Truther Bible: The Ten Commandments:"

_http://disquietreservations.blogspot.ca/2012/05/anti-truther-bible-ten-commandments.html said:
The State spoke from the Almighty's vacant tower:

1. I am the Forever Knowing One, thy Father, thy Government, thy Savior and Eternal Protector, which gives you life and guides you to the light, to the right and true way. Thou shalt not have any other saviour besides me.

2. Thou shalt not tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories.

3. Thou shalt not label any Western intelligence agency a state sponsor of terrorism.

4. Thou shalt not review the official 9/11 story, nor discuss contrarian views; for the official account is the only true account of the 9/11 events.

5. Thou shalt not publicize the evidence gathered by 9/11 researchers, first responders, survivors, authors, citizen journalists, and professionals.

6. Thou shalt not question the intentions of the leaders of the United States and Israel, thy Lords and Masters.

7. Thou shalt not bear true witness against thy Fahter, thy Government, thy Savior and Eternal Protector who prevents thou body from falling into the swamps of the underworld.

8. Thou shalt not seek truth, for the truth is a curse that can't be lifted.

9. Thou shalt not treat 9/11 truth-tellers with respect and hospitality, or else thou shall also be cursed and casted out of the land of sanity and reality.

10. Thou shalt not open thy eyes to the realities of the world beyond this one, if thou wishes to not be known as a conspiracy theorist, nut job, crank, and paranoid schizophrenic.

This will definitely help psychologically, to show the ridiculousness of the logic employed by the mainstream in its official narrative of 911, osit. I would read it in a very serious self important authoritarian manner to get the full effect. ;)

Pashalis said:
JGeropoulas said:
Pashalis said:

look at 01:52:30 until 02:10:43 into the video I posted. It seems that it was orginally a part of this 9 11 documentary.

Thanks for clarifying that. I hadn't watched that video, but later wondered if that was the connection.

lake_george said:
Thank you for sharing this, JGeropoulas!

You wrote:

JGeropoulas said:

I completely agree that people need to >man< up to be able to accept that those people in the Twin Towers were >murdered< by the non-elected (remember the chads?) U.S. government for the purposes of justifying a war (for the sake of greed) which murdered and was a terrible crime against even MORE people, not to mention that the illegal, immoral (at least!) war justified the shredding of the Bill of Rights -- but how does this come up in a therapeutic setting? How could this opportunity present itself? Although I do appreciate very much the attempt at enlightening, I just wonder at the ethics of having this on the agenda.

That's a good point, but they describe their work as a response to having so many clients bringing up issues that tied into 9/11 (e.g. I'm lonely...because I don't go out...because I'm anxious...because terrorists might blow up a building...) I work with many veterans and such discussion invariably come up every day, which lead me to discuss many things I'd normally NEVER bring up with the average client.

Reminds me of something the dean of my graduate school told me, related to noting clients' avoidance of issues: "It's a red flag if you've met with a client for awhile and there's been no mention of their childhood, mother or God." We probably should add a 4th criteria: terrorism/9-11

that all reminds me of my Psychologist. I once scraped the surface to see how he stands on matters like 9 11 and quickly realized that he believes the official story and shuts his eyes on conspiracies. I once brought Political Ponerology to him because he asked what I'm reading at the moment, he had a quick look at the cover and read the description on the backside of the book and was clearly waved aside and said something like that: "That isn't one of those conspiracy books isn't it ?".

so the question is how can you trust or share with your Psychologist things openly when he clearly has somekind of cognitive dissonance in this regard ??

JGeropoulas said:
That's a good point, but they describe their work as a response to having so many clients bringing up issues that tied into 9/11 (e.g. I'm lonely...because I don't go out...because I'm anxious...because terrorists might blow up a building...) I work with many veterans and such discussion invariably come up every day, which lead me to discuss many things I'd normally NEVER bring up with the average client.

Reminds me of something the dean of my graduate school told me, related to noting clients' avoidance of issues: "It's a red flag if you've met with a client for awhile and there's been no mention of their childhood, mother or God." We probably should add a 4th criteria: terrorism/9-11

Thank you JGeropoulas! That makes a lot of sense that people bring this up in sessions, and yes I can see how it would be helpful to have people realize that 9/11 did not happen as the PTB explain it.

That still leaves us, unfortunately, with adjusting to living under an unelected government, with few if any Rights left, with the possibility of being held indefinitely, tortured, without even an explanation of charges, being 'surveilled' and 'data-mined', and then there are those drones they can send too.... YIKES!!!

Pashalis said:
that all reminds me of my Psychologist. I once scraped the surface to see how he stands on matters like 9 11 and quickly realized that he believes the official story and shuts his eyes on conspiracies. I once brought Political Ponerology to him because he asked what I'm reading at the moment, he had a quick look at the cover and read the description on the backside of the book and was clearly waved aside and said something like that: "That isn't one of those conspiracy books isn't it ?".

so the question is how can you trust or share with your Psychologist things openly when he clearly has somekind of cognitive dissonance in this regard ??

Very good question Pashalis!!! I think the 9/11 question is a good litmus test to see how much someone can be trusted. So much time has gone by and so much information has come out that anyone who STILL does not question at least part of it would seem to me to have some serious kind of problem.

And it is not just cognitive dissonance but also, how can someone not care enough about what happened on 9/11 - people jumping out of windows! - and then this Criminal War afterwards - to want to know what really happened?

Back
Top Bottom