Videos of strange and mysterious objects and other phenomena in the sky

Apparently rockets can cause cloud ripples like these
2010-0223-NASA-Solar_Dynamics_Observatory2-434x305.jpg

Maybe the same footage:
Sonic Boom Seen - Rocket Launch Shockwave Ripples Clouds | Video
I didn't see the ripples at first (look upper right)

The "flying humanoid" figure appeared over Phoenix, USA.

news-video-humanoid.jpg

A strange video showing a humanoid figure floating in the sky has recently appeared on the Internet. The mysterious object was reportedly captured on camera above a suburb of Phoenix, Arizona.

This phenomenon is particularly difficult to understand, not least because as the video increases, its shape seems to change, making it difficult to determine exactly what it might be.

Some suggested that the object could be a drone, a man dressed in a jetpack, or even a simple thing like a bunch of balloons, while others thought it was the legendary Moth Man, the winged creature that terrorized Point Pleasant, West Virginia in the 1960s.

Video of March 23, 2020

The source:The figure of a "flying humanoid"

With Respect Sergei!

The "flying humanoid" figure appeared over Phoenix, USA.

I haven't had chance to give it a proper look yet but there's a link in the comments that i think is to a longer version of the video with audio and a description, apparently from the person who filmed it:

#ufo #ufosighting #skeletonkeySkeleton Key UFO in Plymouth County, MA - 03/08/2020
•Mar 10, 2020

ZeaL
212 subscribers

Eye Witness: The object flew parallel to our heads, I would say no further than the length of a football field away from us. I saw that it was about the size of a helicopter, if not larger, but couldn't tell what it was. That is why I took my camera out and began filming. By the time I got my phone out, the object had already begun accelerating away from us. While it may appear to be hovering in the video, it is actually traveling forward at a great deal of speed. I could see the shape of the structure clearly, and could see the ovular shaped black orb and what appeared to be a caterpillar like tail. As I stated, the craft came close enough to us that I could distinguish only two things. One, that there was no visible human navigating the device, and two, that I have never seen something like this before. I am pretty familiar with the likes of drones, etc. Thanks. Music: “Wave” Space Music - Mysterious Background Music No Copyright https://youtu.be/MI8M-gPF02k #ufo #ufosighting #skeletonkey

Last edited:

Questionable footage. Moon is enlightened by the Sun from behind the camera, more or less, as the oval of Earth's shadow covers it almost entirely. Why then UFOs seem to be preceded by their own shadows? Also, i'm not really sure if shadows that sharp are possible at all given the objects' size and altitude in relation to a very distant of light source that is Sun. Plus a classic issue in footages like that: what made the author focus ina advance on the very segment of scenery (here - the Moon) where UFOs were to appear?

Moon is enlightened by the Sun from behind the camera, more or less, as the oval of Earth's shadow covers it almost entirely.
It not the earth's shadow, it's the moon's own shadow. If you would stand on a clock and the moon would be in the direction of 12 o'clock then the sun would be at 2 o'clock, behind the moon slightly to the right (waxing crescent, or waning crescent depending on the original camera orientation and if the footage was taken from the nother or souther hemisphere.
SolSysPhases.png

Questionable footage. Moon is enlightened by the Sun from behind the camera, more or less, as the oval of Earth's shadow covers it almost entirely. Why then UFOs seem to be preceded by their own shadows? Also, i'm not really sure if shadows that sharp are possible at all given the objects' size and altitude in relation to a very distant of light source that is Sun. Plus a classic issue in footages like that: what made the author focus ina advance on the very segment of scenery (here - the Moon) where UFOs were to appear?

As mrtn pointed out, the Sun is where it is and the shadows are displayed correctly I think - I don't have an eye for much detail in those things though. The question why the camera man focused on that particular part of the Moon is reasonable although it could be focused (zoomed into the complete picture) in postproduction. Also, and this would be a big stretch, but if the observer first noticed the objects circling the Moon and then he could predicted the next round and decided to close in on them approximately.

What seems strange to me that on the objects we cannot really observe passing into the shadow zone gradually. The are brightly lit by the sunshine and suddenly disappear into the dark without dimming.

Reactions: Zar
It not the earth's shadow, it's the moon's own shadow. If you would stand on a clock and the moon would be in the direction of 12 o'clock then the sun would be at 2 o'clock, behind the moon slightly to the right (waxing crescent, or waning crescent depending on the original camera orientation and if the footage was taken from the nother or souther hemisphere.
SolSysPhases.png

Ugh. Thanks for straightening this out, i'm feeling like an idiot now.:headbash:

More

New York - 8th April (stars?)

Bogota (lots of witnesses) - twinkling stars?

Upside down lightning (interesting atmospheric phenomenon?)

Reposting recent UFO in Indonesia... Interesting given recent volcanic eruptions there

Back
Top Bottom