Videos of strange and mysterious objects and other phenomena in the sky

I'm assuming that what we are dealing with here is the speed of sound and if the lightning is too far away the sound (due to the distance and speed of sound) can't reach the point of the observer.

Thank you for the explanation! :flowers:

In this case I guess what's new is that people are paying more attention to the sky. Which is also good.

It is still fascinating how lightning that covers such a large area of the sky and appears to be close, especially in the first video, still produces no sound. Guess it was really far away!

It is still fascinating how lightning that covers such a large area of the sky and appears to be close, especially in the first video, still produces no sound. Guess it was really far away!

Yep, it was most likely "pretty far" away IMO. At least so far away that the sound of the thunder couldn't reach the observer (speed of sound). If you use this online tool, you can see that even if there is a theoretical time gab of 60 seconds between the lightning and you hearing the thunder, the lightning would still be pretty close to you, with only about 20 Kilometers away! But that's just theoretical since according to weather.gov:

Thunder is the sound caused by a nearby flash of lightning and can be heard for a distance of only about 10 miles from the lightning strike.

So that means that if you can't hear the thunder, the lightning still can be as close as about 11 Miles! Pretty close, but no sound for you! Matches pretty well with the videos I would think. It should also be remembered that it is pretty hard to judge distances especially when you try to judge something not horizontally away from you on the earth plane, but more vertically up in the sky. It can appear to be pretty close, while it is still pretty far away and vice versa, especially when you try to judge something happening in the skies above you.

It should also be remembered that it is pretty hard to judge distances especially when you try to judge something not horizontally away from you on the earth plane, but more vertically up in the sky. It can appear to be pretty close, while it is still pretty far away and vice versa, especially when you try to judge something happening in the skies above you.

Here is a little illustration of what is meant:

Unbenannt das.jpg

As illustrated above, the lightning could happen directly vertically above your head and you would think "how darn close is that!", while not hearing a thing and the lighting is 11 Miles away! The lightning could also be 20 Miles away or much farther (with no sound) and you would still think "how darn close is that!", in that scenario. Our brain has no reference point in line of sight for judging distances when we look up in the heavens.

Something very strange in the sky

Cm Ttello

This guy is a police officer and sent his video to me. Ft Myers Florida about 5:30am

That video was already posted on the forum some time ago, can't find it now but remember it was followed by person wondering if it could be an STS entety entering our dimension. Video's been circling around net for about a month now, if not longer.

This one looks genuine. The voices sound natural and they match what they are seeing ('They're changing colors! Now they're purple!'). Judging by the slang, it looks like its somewhere on the coast of Mexico, but no idea when it could have been.

At first, it reminds me of something old which proved faked, but it was just because of the decor. This one is less "spectacular" and could be real, indeed.

That video was already posted on the forum some time ago, can't find it now but remember it was followed by person wondering if it could be an STS entety entering our dimension. Video's been circling around net for about a month now, if not longer.
Yes I posted it in another thread

When I was growing up, we always called that kind of lightning, heat lightning - I guess because we only saw it in summer and it was really hot and humid. I don't remember ever having 90 degree temps growing up, just upper 80s but humidity was extremely high. It felt really hot and air conditioning was all but unheard of.

My last bedroom in the house I lived in until 15, was the upper level of a Cape Cod style house and had double windows on the end sides. I could lie in bed and look out at the sky and watch a fantastic display of heat lightning until I was too tired to stay awake. No UFO sightings though. 👽

Since it was the 50s/60s and light pollution was drastically less than today, the night sky star display was something else. My dad had us out to spot the new satellite Echo moving across the sky. Seeing so many (and I mean many) stars actually frightened me a bit. It made me wonder what might be out there. I was ten years old.
Project Echo was the first passive communications satellite experiment. Each of the two American spacecraft, launched in 1960 and 1964, was a metalized balloon satellite acting as a passive reflector of microwave signals

I noticed that as well. The tree's reflect the purple and a light shade of red as it sinks below the horizon. The orb gives off bust or a maybe a strobe effect as the same purple color that it was projecting of it outer boundary's of the spear. Fascinating.

I noticed that as well. The tree's reflect the purple and a light shade of red as it sinks below the horizon. The orb gives off bust or a maybe a strobe effect as the same purple color that it was projecting of it outer boundary's of the spear. Fascinating.
This one was certainly compelling as far as weird factor. If I saw something like that not sure I would be as calm as this fellow. The dog certainly did not seem to mind!

Back
Top Bottom