Was Julius Caesar the real Jesus Christ?

Approaching Infinity

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Is this question of who really occupied the shoes of the so-called Jesus the most salient?

Is not the teaching, the lessons and the message more important to suss out? What IS the living water? If Christ is the vine and we are the branches, then how do we become more cognizant of that living presence in the current moment? What is meant by the way to salvation? (and a thousand other questions about what really is Christianity)

Our lives and souls as humans are hanging in some kind of balance.

How can the real genuine teaching be accessed and absorbed and acted upon in the now?

And not so much, "who was the real teacher?"

My guess is that even the teacher, be it Caesar or Salad, would agree.
Or: both are important, and the answers to one might have implications for determining the answers to the other, and vice versa.

syldan

Dagobah Resident
Who is this John Carter?
Now that is the question? Who writes like that??? I'm outisde working in the garden and I keep coming back to the computer to make sure I read right. Holy you know... Definitely FIRE! Thank you J.C. Your work and the ideas behind it are very welcome at this stage of the fight! (flight? smile) and thank you The C's for putting this person's work on our paths! Merci.

BHelmet

The Living Force
Or: both are important, and the answers to one might have implications for determining the answers to the other, and vice versa.
More than likely you are quite right. But my perception is that there is an abundance of sleuthing in the material aspect of “who was he/she/it really?” and an underrepresentation of “what the heck was he/she/it really trying to say””?”

So I am saying this for the sake of balance.

BHelmet

The Living Force
Boris Moravieff's "Gnosis volume 1 comes to mind as a real genuine old teaching.
I think all of us will have to use our present learning as well.

You can read volume 1:
_Volume I

Resonates will many it seems.
I've read each of his books 3 times over the years and they are sitting on my shelf as I type this.
Maybe it's time for a 4th time through!

But at some point reading is not enough. Perhaps that is why the Christ seemed not to write anything down. Gurdjieff himself also said Christianity; the 4th way, is a dynamic tradition that springs up almost on its own when it is most needed or missing. And the C's have pointed to the fact that we don't absolutely need a 3D facsimile of knowledge on a thumb drive. The flame of knowledge can live in our minds and hearts.

My experience is that Intellectualizing generally falls short in some way, or, holds the object of the intellectualization at some distance for the sake of examination.

IOW, it is safe.

One of the points of Christianity is to 'become' it; to allow it in; to allow the presence and being of Christness/conscious awareness inside all the enclosures and barricades of the self and soul. The earnest follower of Christ needs to actualize the teachings within the soul of their being; to make that stuff real... within, and without; Acting in accordance while observing.

And that is not safe.

That's what I am driving at.

Now, does this happen only in the privacy of our own prayer room?

Is that enough?

Can it be discussed here?

Is there any point to attempting to do that?

Approaching Infinity

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Now, does this happen only in the privacy of our own prayer room?
Probably a bit of that, maybe even a lot. But also in how we conduct ourselves with others: the people we love, and those who we don't.
Can it be discussed here?

Is there any point to attempting to do that?
Sure! Just maybe not in this particular thread. ;-)

Vulcan59

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
Part 3 published - The Gospel of Mark Antony – 3 – Jesus, Caesar, and Paul :-)

Historian of the weird Laura Knight-Jadzyck demonstrates this in great detail in her dense, heavily researched tome From Paul to Mark. A lot of what follows is taken from there. To put another way, it’s a massive condensation and oversimplification of Knight-Jaszyck’s detailed and very careful analysis.

Last edited:
Top Bottom