Weird Story

mocachapeau

Dagobah Resident
Hi everyone,

I wasn't sure if this was the right section to post this, so if it isn't, please let me know.

My brother-in-law, the only other seeker I know, called me today and told me of a really bizarre experience he had a few days ago.

While up on a step ladder, trying to install a light fixture, he was becoming very frustrated and angry because it wouldn't fit properly in the holes that were already there. The fact that he was getting so angry over such a trivial thing was, in turn, upsetting him even more. So while he was grumbling and cursing away, he heard his computer beep two or three times, about fifteen feet away. The sound it made was the sound that Windows makes when an error occurs. He looked over in that direction to see that the computer was displaying the blue "welcome" screen with the choice of different user accounts. A window had appeared there and, while he was looking, he saw the cursor move, very quickly.

His first thought was that someone was trying to hack into his computer, so he went over to check it out. The window that had opened was one asking if he had forgotten his password, but on his wife's account. The only thing that would have caused that window to open was if someone had tried to log in with the wrong password. He tried logging in with a wrong password and found that it didn't make that same sound when he did so. He then logged in to his account, found nothing unusual, and unplugged his internet connection, just in case. He left it displaying his desktop.

Back on the step ladder, still getting angry with the light fixture, the computer repeated the same noise a couple of times, but with no internet connection. Looking over at the computer, again he saw the cursor moving and another window had opened up.

What had opened was a Notepad document that he had saved on the desktop on Christmas Eve. He had heard a song that night that he really liked because it made him happy, relaxed, and it made him laugh. So he wrote down the title in the Notepad document, to remind him to download it at a later date, and saved it on his desktop.

All that was written in the window that had opened by itself was, "Monty Python - Always Look at the Bright Side of Life", and the cursor was pointing at it. My brother-in-law is a web master - far from computer illiterate.

Well he started crying, and called his wife in to show her, and when she walked in the room she felt a distinct chill and all the hairs on her neck stood up.

It's the first time either of us have come across such an occurence, and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about what the heck that kind of thing is all about.

Can be :
1) a virus
2) a hack through the air via Wifi if the computer have such interface

or 3) something else.

Mocachapeau, I think it's pretty difficult to find an answer to this occurence that's close to objectivity.
Such occurences evoke a whole lot of speculations, and in the end one either concludes there's no way
to tell for sure, or one settles with one possible answer that one subjectively determines to be the most likely,
which however objectively could still be something else entirely.

When I look back on own experiences of this kind or read about them here, my machine's first reaction is
'Sure thing, what has happened here is something paranormal!' which then elicits a series of imaginary images,
which only sustain/add to the subjective bias.

mocachapeau said:
..he was becoming very frustrated and angry because it wouldn't fit properly in the holes that were already there. The fact that he was getting so angry over such a trivial thing was, in turn, upsetting him even more...All that was written in the window that had opened by itself was, "Monty Python - Always Look at the Bright Side of Life", and the cursor was pointing at it...Well he started crying, and called his wife in to show her, and when she walked in the room she felt a distinct chill and all the hairs on her neck stood up.

One could speculate that some'thing ' with good intent was trying to cheer up your brother-in-law, because he got frustrated for getting frustrated over a trivial thing. His emotional reaction was very strong, he cried, and his wife felt a chill when entering the room. The context of the situation seems to fit.

One could speculate that some'thing' with bad intent was at work. The title 'Always look at the bright side of life' indicates the message to not
worry, but concentrate on the good, erase the bad aspects of life, fall back to sleep and subjectivity.

One could speculate that on this day there was a hacker somewhere feeling bored and deciding to have some fun by producing unusual phenomenon.

One could speculate this occurence is a result of some weird electronical interference/error and just happened to fit your brother-in-law's
situation. (eg: sth happens and the brain is automatically trying to fit it into one's own context of beliefs, bias, etc, and the resulting conclusions seem
entirely real while they may be objectively false.)

I think with such occurences we just cannot know, we can only speculate, note it down, and maybe throughout life, these puzzle pieces
will begin to make sense (or they will never make sense).

Hope this makes sense.

Hi essence,

essence said:
One could speculate that some'thing ' with good intent was trying to cheer up your brother-in-law, because he got frustrated for getting frustrated over a trivial thing. His emotional reaction was very strong, he cried, and his wife felt a chill when entering the room. The context of the situation seems to fit.

One could speculate that some'thing' with bad intent was at work. The title 'Always look at the bright side of life' indicates the message to not
worry, but concentrate on the good, erase the bad aspects of life, fall back to sleep and subjectivity.

One could speculate that on this day there was a hacker somewhere feeling bored and deciding to have some fun by producing unusual phenomenon.

One could speculate this occurence is a result of some weird electronical interference/error and just happened to fit your brother-in-law's
situation. (eg: sth happens and the brain is automatically trying to fit it into one's own context of beliefs, bias, etc, and the resulting conclusions seem
entirely real while they may be objectively false.)

It's funny reading this because it pretty much mirrors the conversation he and I had when he told me about it. We covered every possible computer topic we could think of, and finally had to rule out that possibility. Then we tried to discern the intent involved, that is, if it was really some kind of entity.

My brother-in-law is working on the house because he's trying to sell it. He wants to get out of the big city, away from the influence of all this collective energy, and closer to nature. At the same time, with the economy the way it is, he isn't sure if it's really the right time to take on a bigger mortgage. So it could turn out to be a good decision, or a bad one. He feels like things are holding him back every time he tries to move toward this goal, and then THIS event takes place in the middle of it, giving him the opposite feeling.

Given these parameters, it was just like you said - really difficult to figure out if it was a good intent or a bad intent. And there's probably a long list of possibilities we haven't even thought of. I suppose there ARE no definitive answers.

Although, he chose to believe it was a positive contact. I still haven't decided if it is a good idea to make choices like that, or not.

It's really a weird story. You say :
mocachapeau said:
Although, he chose to believe it was a positive contact. I still haven't decided if it is a good idea to make choices like that, or not.
It is not a matter of believing or making a choice, choosing or believing that it was good or bad doesn't make it good or bad.
IMHO, whatever tries to interfer in your life without having been invited it to do so cannot be considered as fundamentally good, even if it could appear so.
Freewill, in these matters remember the freewill question. OSIT

Some people tell themselves that they are seekers of the truth. But when they find a piece of it they shy away. And begin desperately trying to return to simple, innocent, ignorance. The truth really is stranger than fiction.
Be careful when praying for knowledge and wisdom. The universe has a way of granting such requests. The courses are tough. The exams are the lessons. And you can never go back and take one over.

If you were to come upon a man deaf and blind, lost and afraid in the lonelines of his own silent unknowing. How much do you think his perception of reality might be changed by one gentle touch?

If personal experience has any bearing here then I'd say it wasn't the simple message that brought him to tears. But a profound realization that the universe was listening.

And yes, it was a good thing.

Hmmm, IMHO it is not that simple. These phenomena are frightening, especially when they are not provoked. And fear tends to make us "decide" that it is a good thing rather then analyse the phenomenon objectively. A seeker must not be afraid of his shadow for sure, but he must not paint it in rose. It's not a matter of believing but of knowing. And in order to know you must not decide that something is good without investigation. IMHO the clue is freewill (consciousness and the Divine part in the human being) but it is up to the experimenter to analyse its experience.

I've had quite a few experiences that, when examined, turned out to be "energy bursts" from my own psyche trying to get a message to me by maneuvering external objects. It's generally called psychokinesis. Could be a message from "you in the future" (that is, referring to your brother.)

mkrnhr said:
Hmmm, IMHO it is not that simple. These phenomena are frightening, especially when they are not provoked. And fear tends to make us "decide" that it is a good thing rather then analyse the phenomenon objectively. A seeker must not be afraid of his shadow for sure, but he must not paint it in rose. It's not a matter of believing but of knowing. And in order to know you must not decide that something is good without investigation. IMHO the clue is freewill (consciousness and the Divine part in the human being) but it is up to the experimenter to analyse its experience.

IMHO, You can snuff the body. But I am not the body. That which is truly "I" cannot be harmed in any way, by anyone, or anything, unless I go into agreement with it.

jusdenny said:
IMHO, You can snuff the body. But I am not the body. That which is truly "I" cannot be harmed in any way, by anyone, or anything, unless I go into agreement with it.
Who? Me??? :D (It's a joke :) ). I think see what you mean, but in order not to be in agreement one should recovered the real "I" isn't it? I mean, how do we know for sure if it is the real "I" or some temporarily little "I" to whom the real "I" delegated the responsibility of the affair (while sleeping so to say) ?
An example : I am actually living alone in a frightening 'big' house. It is very likely that there is nothing but who knows (actually I "know there are some "people" but I am not "unwelcome")? Now, if my actual fragmented I decides that nothing can happen to me because I have no agreements with whatever could exist around... it's like thinking that robbers will not come because I didn't invite them you see? In general, in this existence, things are whatever they are, not what we hope they are. OSIT.

Laura said:
...a few experiences that, when examined, turned out to be "energy bursts" from my own psyche trying to get a message to me by maneuvering external objects. It's generally called psychokinesis.
This is indeed a possibility, but usually these psychokinetic energy bursts that are due to anger produce less sophisticated effects no? I mean, knocks on doors, on walls, objects displacements, objects breaking... An uncontrolled anger that controls a computer is far more sophisticated then all these!!

Laura said:
Could be a message from "you in the future"
Hmmm... Thinking about the dangerous position the brother of mocachapeau was in (an increasing anger being on a step ladder), this event has probably saved his life!

Anyway, mocachapeau, whatever was the source of that frightening event, it gave your brother-in-law and all people around the chance to exert your freewill in a different "storyline" then if it didn't happen (trying to avoid word salada though :( ).

mkrnhr said:
Who? Me??? :D (It's a joke :) ). I think see what you mean, but in order not to be in agreement one should recovered the real "I" isn't it? I mean, how do we know for sure if it is the real "I" or some temporarily little "I" to whom the real "I" delegated the responsibility of the affair (while sleeping so to say) ?
An example : I am actually living alone in a frightening 'big' house. It is very likely that there is nothing but who knows (actually I "know there are some "people" but I am not "unwelcome")? Now, if my actual fragmented I decides that nothing can happen to me because I have no agreements with whatever could exist around... it's like thinking that robbers will not come because I didn't invite them you see? In general, in this existence, things are whatever they are, not what we hope they are. OSIT.
I think you might need to defragment your harddrive. :P

mkrnhr said:
It is not a matter of believing or making a choice, choosing or believing that it was good or bad doesn't make it good or bad.

I understand that it's not my choice that makes it good or bad, it just is what it is. But if I DO interpret it one way or the other - choose to define the intent - then I may let it influence my judgement or decision-making process. Thus:

mkrnhr said:
IMHO, whatever tries to interfer in your life without having been invited it to do so cannot be considered as fundamentally good, even if it could appear so.

I agree with that statement in that there is no clear or evident reason to think of the intent as being either good or bad. Who knows what the goal is?

But I also like this statement:
jusdenny said:
If personal experience has any bearing here then I'd say it wasn't the simple message that brought him to tears. But a profound realization that the universe was listening.
And yes, it was a good thing.

If noticing or paying attention to events like these helps us to become aware that there is more to this universe than what our illusion allows us to see, and that we can communicate with it, then yes, that is a good thing - beautiful, actually. But the universe, speaking conservatively, is humungous. And we are just beginning to get an inkling of what's out there, and what it wants with us. That is also why I say I'm not sure if I want to decide what the intent is.

And just as I was saying above that there is probably a long list of possibilities we haven't thought of, Laura adds this to the mix:
Laura said:
I've had quite a few experiences that, when examined, turned out to be "energy bursts" from my own psyche trying to get a message to me by maneuvering external objects. It's generally called psychokinesis. Could be a message from "you in the future" (that is, referring to your brother.)

A really looong list of things I haven't thought of.

The idea of a marriage between science and the esoteric suggests to me that we have to use scientific methods to learn how to interpret things like this, learn how to interpret our feelings, and rely more upon them then we do now. But if I start relying on my feelings before I learn anything about them, it might be like jumping into the deep end before I know how to swim.

mkrnhr said:
Hmmm... Thinking about the dangerous position the brother of mocachapeau was in (an increasing anger being on a step ladder), this event has probably saved his life!

I'm definitely going to share that one with him. You never know. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom