Welsh Mythology - Rhiannon

John G

The Living Force
There is one more thing I can send you [the Gulf War troops], and that is the story of a Welsh mythological goddess, named RHIANNON. I once, a very long time ago, wrote a song about her. It is called 'the legend of the song of the birds of Rhiannon.'

Rhiannon was a queen in a world far above us called the bright world, where all the colors were brighter, and everyone had a special sort of glow around them. It was a beautiful world, and she loved her world, but she fell in love with a mortal king from OUR world...and she left her world to come to ours to be with him. Rhiannon had three birds, one white, one emerald green, and one golden. It is said that in time of war, or strife, or pain, that her song can be heard.

"And down the glorious pathway, came the three singing birds, straight into the middle of the trouble and hardship ..." but that when you heard her song, your eyes would softly close and you would slip away. When you awoke the trouble would be gone, the sky would be the most wondrous blue, and far in the back of your mind you would hear that little song,, like a delicate little music box. If you were lucky, you might even see the three beautiful birds slowly flying away from you, and if you were very very lucky, you might even see Rhiannon .... slowly turning around to you to say, everything is fine,- She is smiling, and you see her disappear into the fine white clouds.

It is said that the legend is true...so I send you the energy from my golden cross and the three singing birds of Rhiannon to comfort you and to keep you safe. .
~Stevie Nicks, in a letter to the Gulf War Troops, Stars & Stripes, 1991

Since Stevi Nicks addressed the following to the gulf troops...

Rhiannon was a queen in a world far above us called the bright world, where all the colors were brighter, and everyone had a special sort of glow around them.
Perhaps this brighter world of colors was from all the shelling they were doing, and this 'special glow' was from all the depleted uranium...

Perhaps this brighter world of colors was from all the shelling they were doing, and this 'special glow' was from all the depleted uranium...
Maybe not Nicks and Rhiannon but at the time of the first Gulf War people were mentioning a Nostradamus prophecy that was along the lines of what you describe.

Back
Top Bottom