What are you listening to?

Shijing said:
Anyone out there like the Foos? I've always liked the Foo Fighters' Everlong. For me, it's kind of a love song that doesn't even try to pretend it's a love song -- it's too raw and vulnerable. I think the composition and energy are really well-matched to the lyrics -- the guitar part is pretty fun to play too.

My favorite Foo Fighter's song will always be "The best of you" and the video as well

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_L4Rixya64

Shijing said:
Anyone out there like the Foos? I've always liked the Foo Fighters' Everlong. For me, it's kind of a love song that doesn't even try to pretend it's a love song -- it's too raw and vulnerable. I think the composition and energy are really well-matched to the lyrics -- the guitar part is pretty fun to play too.

I love them! Everlong is beautiful, but I must say I share Tigersoap's taste about my favourite: The best of you. I'm always touched when I hear it. Thanks for bringing them up, Shijing!

Here is one I absolutely love. I knew the former version by The Source but Florence and The Machine is far superior:

You Got the Love (Florence and The Machine)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQZhN65vq9E&ob=av2e

So gorgeous...

Hey Tigersoaps :D

Tigersoap said:
My favorite Foo Fighter's song will always be "The best of you" and the video as well

Mrs.Tigersoap said:
I love them! Everlong is beautiful, but I must say I share Tigersoap's taste about my favourite: The best of you. I'm always touched when I hear it. Thanks for bringing them up, Shijing!

Yeah, I like this one a lot -- it kind of tugs the heart-strings in that just-right, whatever-the-opposite-of-sappy is way. I'd never seen the video, so I had to take a look before I replied. Thanks for sharing too :)

Added:

Did you guys know that Dave Grohl wrote this for his sister? I remember reading in an interview that he wrote this for her because he was frustrated that he couldn't do anything for her, so he wrote the song instead. Really touching.

I've got another confession to make
I'm your fool
Everyone's got their chains to break
Holdin' you

Were you born to resist, or be abused?

Is someone getting the best
The best, the best, the best of you?

Or are you gone and onto someone new?

I needed somewhere to hang my head
Without your noose
You gave me something that I didn't have
But had no use
I was too weak to give in
Too strong to lose

My heart is under arrest again
But I'll break loose
My head is giving me life or death
But I can't choose
I swear I'll never give in
I refuse

Has someone taken your faith?
It's real, the pain you feel
You trust, you must confess

The life, the love
You'd die to heal
The hope that starts
The broken hearts

I've got another confession my friend
I'm no fool
I'm getting tired of starting again
Somewhere new

Were you born to resist, or be abused?
I swear I'll never give in, I refuse

:cry:
No, I did not know that! That is so touching!
I love this band, love their lyrics, love their sense of humour (some videos are really funny, and I like how they 'take the edge off' a love song by adding funny details like in the Everlong video). I think Dave Grohl is amazing: drummer for Nirvana, singer and guitarist for the Foos, he can do everything! :thup:

Grohl also spent some time playing with Queens of the Stone Age, a rather complimentary band to the Foos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s88r_q7oufE&ob=av2e

Heimdallr said:
Insert Quote
Grohl also spent some time playing with Queens of the Stone Age, a rather complimentary band to the Foos:

Yes, and I like them as well! He also played with Killing Joke. He's really talented.

Mrs.Tigersoap said:
Here is one I absolutely love. I knew the former version by The Source but Florence and The Machine is far superior:

You Got the Love (Florence and The Machine)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQZhN65vq9E&ob=av2e

So gorgeous...

Mrs. Tigersoap,
I love that song and Florence & the Machine. I got the CD Lungs that has that song. My other 2 faves on that CD are
Rabbit Heart & Cosmic Love.

Also Foo's rock! :headbanger:

Deedlet said:
Mrs. Tigersoap,
I love that song and Florence & the Machine. I got the CD Lungs that has that song. My other 2 faves on that CD are

I like these as well (but You got the love is my favourite!). My husband's favourite is Dog days are over. I really like it as well. Her songs and her 'universe' are very special, fantastic, quirky and romantic and in that respect remind me of Bat for Lashes, although musically speaking, they are different.

Deedlet said:
Mrs. Tigersoap,

Ohh, this is awesome! Thanks, Deedlet, for sharing. I absolutely love this kind of rich, full of life, sparkly, and at the same time faintly mysterious music. Female performers like this and their music (Bat for Lashes is amazing too!) always evoked something deep (wild and feminine) in me. Thanks again!

A recent favorite - OLIVIA, though her recordings with a major record label are slightly more disappointing than her older works, in my honest opinion.

solarhalfbreed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiZDWjhZEhs

Child of the sun
Changing with the sky
Sakura shy
December clouds cry

Illuminant light illuminate me

Play me a symphony
Dance with me

Child of the moon
Changing with the tide
Up and down
The seashore side

With you I find
What is me

Janelle Monae - Mushrooms and Roses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTOL-DVW5tA

Keit said:
Deedlet said:
Mrs. Tigersoap,

Ohh, this is awesome! Thanks, Deedlet, for sharing. I absolutely love this kind of rich, full of life, sparkly, and at the same time faintly mysterious music. Female performers like this and their music (Bat for Lashes is amazing too!) always evoked something deep (wild and feminine) in me. Thanks again!

Oh yeah no problem! They're great :wizard:

Also, you ever heard of Ladyhawke? That's also another band I really like. I haven't heard of Bat for Lashes, so I gotta look em' up.

Here's a couple of songs from Ladyhawke I really like, hope you like it. :)

Morning Dreams

Crazy World

Back of the Van

Back
Top Bottom