What is the speed of dark?

casper

The Living Force
The speed of light is 299,792,458 m / s. But what is the speed of dark? Do darkness anyway has its own speed? Do we say that the dark ranges, however, replaced by light, then some kind of movement there ?!

I don't know,
but I think darkness is nothing. It is absence of light, and so it doesn't move..

I might be wrong though

I would tend to agree with you, Miss.K, since dark is the opposite of light and is immediately dispelled by it, I would think that it does not travel.

I found some speculations on this forum: _http://www2.abc.net.au/science/k2/stn-archive1/posts/topic1942.shtm

What is the speed of thought, someone once tried to explain to me. Nowadays I believe it would be like using 3rd density principles (velocity being a function of time and distance) to describe something which is not 3rd density in itself.

mkrnhr said:
It's very simplistic, especially the part about "information", but this video may be related to the question

https://youtu.be/JTvcpdfGUtQ
I hope I understand it, the darkness occurs in the absence of light and has the same speed as light. Greater speed of light and darkness of a shadow, if that is greater than its very source has a higher frame rate. Please help. The shadow often changing its original shape, then how can we know her exact speed since the shadow is actually an illusion?
Thanks in advance.

Miss.K said:
I don't know,
but I think darkness is nothing. It is absence of light, and so it doesn't move..

I might be wrong though

yes, I agree with you, I believed it should have the same speed, to balance :cool2:

Light from the sun takes about 8 and a quarter minutes to reach us. Suppose it suddenly blinked out or disappeared for exactly one minute and then started to shine again. We would see light, then it would be dark for exactly one minute, then light again. So I would assume that dark travels at exactly the same speed as light.
Just a thought.

Peam said:
Light from the sun takes about 8 and a quarter minutes to reach us. Suppose it suddenly blinked out or disappeared for exactly one minute and then started to shine again. We would see light, then it would be dark for exactly one minute, then light again. So I would assume that dark travels at exactly the same speed as light.
Just a thought.
OK,but what is with shadow,does she had the same speed like a dark or light?

casper said:
Peam said:
Just a thought.
OK,but what is with shadow,does she had the same speed like a dark or light?

If shadows are caused by light then its speed would be linked to the speed of light.

For example a pole standing in a field with a spot light directed towards it will 'cast' a shadow onto the ground. The shadow isn't its own entity in this case but a result of the absence of light in that particular area. In which case the cause would be the pole blocking light from the area that would be observed as a shadow.

In the above scenario, to ask about the speed of the shadow is actually an indirect question about the speed of light that causes the shadow. Osit.

The shadow appears at the exact moment that the light is turned on. Suggesting that their speeds (shadows and light) are the same or close to it from our perception.

Annnnd I think I just confused myself, interesting question though. Is there a particular reason why you asked this? Not that you need one but I'm curious.

Interesting puzzle. Speed of an object is measured in relation with some points/object that "bolide is passing by or approaching to/moving away from some point. So the question could be according to which point the speed of light was/is measured. Against which background it is moving? Black one? What is "black space" made of? How light is moving "through it? Light is not made of "matter so it is not compact thing that someone could claim that it is traveling at certain speed? And speed is related to "time of which we seem not to have a real clue? Tough nut to crack, and i was always bad at physics...

I think the question is based on a faulty assumption that "dark" even exists in any way other than in our perception, which is seriously limited. What we call"darkness" seems to be a lack of information. There is information there, but because we can't see it we say there is no information, i.e. "darkness". When we project energy/information into the "darkness" we see the information/energy, call it something, and then when we remove that energy/information, and we can no longer perceive anything, we say that the "darkness" "moved" back in, when it was never there in the first place except as a function of our limited perception.

Stand in front of a beam of light that was previously lighting up a wall and you see a dark shadow on the wall. But that shadow is just a reflection of the fact that your body is now absorbing the light energy/information that was previously hitting the wall. There is still information/light energy in the area of your shadow on the wall, you just can't see it. So basically, I don't think there is such a thing as darkness, it's just our perception. So to say that something that we perceive as an absence of something that is really there and then say that this something is "moving", seems a bit silly to me.

Of course, we can still say all the things this guy says in the video, that darkness moves etc. as long as we recognize that it is only true in our limited and subjective perception.

Given that, I'd like to ask: what is the speed of one hand clapping? ;D

Thx Perceval very good point!

So basically all that dark(s)/black(s) could be a kind of massive and "conventional blind spot(s) of ours.... light is everywhere and always but we are not able to perceive it due to some (3D?) limitations... forced upon us by programming :huh:

C's said that in 4th density there is no left no right, so maybe there is no front nor behind - no shadows, no black :headbash:

Time for bed... :/

y

This is purely speculation, so don't know how helpful it is but there's probably a couple ways to look at it. If dark, in a pure sense is the absence of information / energy, it exists as the space between all bits of information / energy or in other words, void. Given this void as far as known surrounds and encompasses the universe, its distance is potentially infinite and because we cant locate one position of void, we could say it takes up all positions all the time. So its either infinite speed, or zero speed depending on how you want to look at it. As I said, not really helpful but I reckon these exercises just highlight the limit of our perception in the same way as trying to explain to a 2 dimensional cartoon character what its like to experience 3 dimensional space (or us grasping what experiencing 4d is)

alkhemst said:
This is purely speculation, so don't know how helpful it is but there's probably a couple ways to look at it. If dark, in a pure sense is the absence of information / energy, it exists as the space between all bits of information / energy or in other words, void. Given this void as far as known surrounds and encompasses the universe, its distance is potentially infinite and because we cant locate one position of void, we could say it takes up all positions all the time. So its either infinite speed, or zero speed depending on how you want to look at it. As I said, not really helpful but I reckon these exercises just highlight the limit of our perception in the same way as trying to explain to a 2 dimensional cartoon character what its like to experience 3 dimensional space (or us grasping what experiencing 4d is)

I think that's more or less it. I was also thinking of the analogy of 2D perception of 3D.

Back
Top Bottom