What to do with "normal" people?

Neil

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
I know this is likely a common topic, and it has been dealt with to varying degrees all over Cassiopaea. Several years ago, I vowed that I would never talk with another human again about my experiences, aliens, or psychic phenomena. We are supposed to serve others, and I would happily embrace this mission, but how are you supposed to deal with someone who is going to take all of your energy and then use it against you. The obvious solution is to keep it all to yourself and never share it with anyone, but that's very STS isn't it? There must be another alternative. I'll be stuck in STS mode forever if I don't find it. Laura wants to expand this operation into the realm of the general public. I wish her luck, but how is she going to manage that? God forbid those freaks that believe in aliens and the paranormal start running our planet. I don't see how she deals with the ignorant masses that run continuously on autopilot. I'm a new member and I respect Laura very much, I think she would make a great leader, and I owe her a debt of grattitude for pushing the limits of my perception ever farther and imparting me with the most precious gift of knowledge. I hope that I can find a family here. But I don't think it's about us. Most of the people here are probably wanderers anyway. It's about them, but how can you do "the work" when they won't listen? I would love nothing more than to tell them things, share my insights, and become a better person, but I'm not going to be fish food! If we are supposed to help humanity, it seems we are doing a terrible job, for every person that wakes up, 100 more are born into darkness. I fear that when the wave comes, the number of people that make it to 4th density will either be so small that the Reptoids will just sit there and laugh, or that the people that got to 4th density will be so clueless that they will be easy pickings for our "buddies". I feel like an island of intellect in a sea of ignorance. At least I know there are other islands out there now, but where is the continent? It is dificult not to view the "normal" ones with contempt. They see nothing and ignore everything. The Consortium has set all of these plans in motion to liquify our brains, restrict our freedom, and break our will, how is someone who is perfectly average in every way supposed to overcome that? There are more layers of deception than anyone can break, it is hard enough to help yourself. I came so close to joining that crowd on three different occassions. If society/STS/whatever had applied just a little more pressure I would be an ignorant fool. I feel like I'm just standing and observing a process. Waiting for something to happen. I cannot interfere for some reason, I just watch, try to find others like me, and hope I accomplish SOMETHING. Then if we survive the tribulations on this density, we get to get caught up in the real battle on the next one. So what do you do with these people? Try to slip out things to get them to understand? Ignore them? Help the ones that have potential? Or do you do absolutely nothing, and just be? I guess the last one seems to work the best, but it is very depressing and scary to sit back and watch the STS win the war. Any comments would be greatly appreciated, thank you for listneing to my venting.

We interact, share, etc! Nothing more nothing less. to do otherwise is to judge what we think 'they' should - oughta, have be do - etc.

Keep it simple! Read in thesecrethistoryoftheworld, that Gurdjieff and Ouspensky from In Search of the Miraculous.pdf pg320-321

"By reason of the many characteristics of man's being, particularly of the contemporary being, truth can only come to people in the form of a lie- only in this form are they able to accept it; only in this form are they able to digest and assimilate it. Truth undefiled would be, for them, indigestible food."

She says Like attracts Like. and alot more! (of course) lol -
I cant really describe her work - it really is more like an experience when u read it.

Alot of Laura's book is remarkable. You really oughta get one! --->see look im judging! hah!

keep it simple bro, and burn and serve!

One small practical thing first. If you can, try to separate your text into smaller paragraphs with spaces in between. It makes it easier to read. Now to the real reply:

Neil said:
They see nothing and ignore everything. The Consortium has set all of these plans in motion to liquify our brains, restrict our freedom, and break our will, how is someone who is perfectly average in every way supposed to overcome that? There are more layers of deception than anyone can break, it is hard enough to help yourself.
They say the universe never gives us more than we can handle when we handle what we get the right way (the last is my addition). I've place in bold those aspects of your question that are also answers to it. Just a few clarifications are needed. '"Perfectly average in every way" needs to be defined. That's the point of the work. To raise the standards of what constitutes perfectly average. When one individual of a group raises their awareness the average is also raised.

Consider this: if you are perfectly average, and have these concerns then the world is pretty much very well off. In that case, we would have the average defined by the concernes you pose. So you are either more than average or you need not worry because if you represent most people than most people have a conscience, are concerned and are looking for solution. With such a group dynamic it will only be a matter of time before they find them.

If you are well beyond average, (as I think you are because most people are probably too unconscious to even ask the questions you do, and simply want to get through the day every day), things are a bit different. There is a lot to understand before anyone even comes close to answering the questions you ask, even if they are beyond the average.

You question has the quality of "how can we save people". We can't. That's a violation of free will. So we must look and ask if the world can move beyond its current state without anyone saving anyone else. It can, and very likely will. But how? Well, that is the question that can only be answered by working on yourself. You do admit that it's hard enough to do so. Actually, it's a full time job. And the greatest assistence you can give to anyone is to devote yourself to it.

The whole point of inner development is to come to the point where your real destiny or most creative path of action is revealed to you through your own capacity to understand it. To try to "make" others understand before your questions are answered to a much greater extent than they are now is to carry a useless and often debilitating and very likely deceptive burden.

If someone asks then simply be honest about your view, and know that that view may change. Tell them "look, I'm working on it, and here's how". And that is the KEY: solutions are gained by WORKING on the problem not by feeding or being fed by what passes for a solution. The problem is US. We are not where we should be as human beings. So to solve the problem you have to BECOME an embodiment of the solution. Then you CAN help by example. It's called being an inspiration to others by being yourself.

DOING is needed, but doing is only effective when it is a function of BEING. When you get to where you need to be, your view will expand and you will know what to do (although that knowledge is not easy to attain). Till then, don't worry, because when you are doing your part, (and not just think you are doing your part), things have a way of revealing themselves, and the dire outcomes confronting you are not what they initially seem.

Neil said:
I came so close to joining that crowd on three different occassions. If society/STS/whatever had applied just a little more pressure I would be an ignorant fool. I feel like I'm just standing and observing a process. Waiting for something to happen. I cannot interfere for some reason, I just watch, try to find others like me, and hope I accomplish SOMETHING. Then if we survive the tribulations on this density, we get to get caught up in the real battle on the next one.
I've often thought the same thing regarding missing the boat. The point is the choices we make are within us. If it is within you not to be asleep, you will most likely not rest till you wake up, no matter how much that awakening seems to be delayed. Like I said, I suggest you stay flexible in your views of "tribulations" and "battles". These are words that can easily be misunderstood. They represent probabilities that are highly flexible regarding outcomes. Simply by working on yourself you contribute to shift the probabilities to more favourable results.

Reality is a wonderous thing, a living thing and it does not want unecessary suffering. As you said, the work is difficult enough. Doing the work with burdens of probable futures that are not definite makes that burden unbearable. The pain of the world is a reflection of the pain within. That is what needs to be addressed, and one needs to learn patience on the road to addressing it. Ask what you need to reach a place of making a difference, and step by step you will be led to an answer that nobody else can provide.

The "process" of which you speak is deep and complex. Is it a healing or is it the road to disaster? If you cannot tell the difference, then you need to focus on your own path until you can. Then you will find yourself at a point where you are not an observer anymore. Till then you must learn, and to learn observation IS necessary.

Neil said:
So what do you do with these people? Try to slip out things to get them to understand? Ignore them? Help the ones that have potential? Or do you do absolutely nothing, and just be? I guess the last one seems to work the best, but it is very depressing and scary to sit back and watch the STS win the war. Any comments would be greatly appreciated, thank you for listneing to my venting.
I think you have misunderstood the meaning of "just be". There is no "just" about it, and the operative verb is "BE". To BE you must BECOME. The real war is within, and that is also where the real changes take place. Action without follows action within. This is anything BUT being passive. And even the word "war" is misunderstood. Through working within, you will come to comprehend what its true meaning is. You cannot help anyone including yourself with perspectives that disempower you.

Ask, read, observe, search and listen. Then options of inner work will be revealed. Apply them, and most importantly learn the art of learning. Answers come at the end of a path, not at its beginning.

Ok, average is the majority of the people, the mass mind. To be more specific, people who have not awakened to higher thought, the metaphysical, mystic, and intellectual knowledge that is uncommon to our species.

Yes, when I read my post again, it does seem to have that trait of wanting to save people. Laura makes that very clear, as that was one of her major mistakes during life. I guess I was caught up in the moment. That was a dumb blunder.

Hm, emboding the solution, that does make a lot of sense. It does not abridge freewill and it gives people the option to choose to help themselves become a solution as well. Very interesting.

Tribulations refers to those negative experiences that usually turn out to be lessons with positive results. It seems like so many people get defeated by these though and waste away into almost nothing. I've felt so lost and alone much of the time, like I said waiting for some unknown thing to occur. However, most of the crucial junctures in my life were completely out of my control. They were just thrown into my life one day and I had to make a choice. I understand things seem to come with time, but I thought you could accelerate them a bit by making yourself more aware and intelligent. I guess these things only give you the ability to see new choices and see existing ones in a different way, not speed up your development. It comes when it comes. By battles I mean conflict. I understand most people conceptualize a battle as two armies on a field trying to kill each other, but I thought conflict was too vague. I believe there will be some of this with the Reptoids, but this will probably be a minor part of the overall struggle.

I think I understand your doing as a part of being philosophy. STO is not doing nothing and just letting things run the course, it is being yourself. I suppose when you do everything in a purely STO manner, you are not trying to appease anyone else or fulfill an agenda, but you are being natural. It may seem to STS that you are doing nothing, but in fact you are nature at that point, you are one with it. Your doing is nature, therefore your doing is being, I think.

The "process" seems to be death and destruction for some, great healing for others. It is my opinion that things on this planet are going downhill, but that is subjective. I suppose I am learning this path by doing what I'm doing; reading, contemplating, and networking. True, answers do come at the end of the path.

Well, I must say, you are a very wise person. I've read some of your posts and you seem to posess tremendous knowledge. Thank you for your advice. Now I must think about these things for awhile.

Yeah Eso rocks. Wait till ya get a funky dream and he interprets it... mind blowing...

:-)

I must say neil, i find the attitude of your post strikingly similiar to how i felt at your age. Im only 6 years older then you but in those few years much as changed my perspective and im sure you'll experience a simliar dramatic growth.

Pick up In Search of the Miraculous, Secret History, The Wave or whatever other esoteric books strike coords with ya and soak up the material, learning is the best thing we can do right now. Rock on.

Neil said:
Tribulations refers to those negative experiences that usually turn out to be lessons with positive results. It seems like so many people get defeated by these though and waste away into almost nothing.
Actually, events are only lessons when we approach them as such. If you really look at examples of "defeat" you will see that people were not approaching negative experiences as lessons, but reacting impulsively to them. And sometimes negative events are negative events, and the lesson is to understand why they escalated beyond our capacity to deal with them.

Sometimes the "school" analogy can be misleading. A school is an organized and controlled institution where learning is systematic and regulated. The world is a puzzle we are challenged to decode. It is also severely compromized, and we are challenged to understand why. Usually, we get part of the picture and stop there because we cannot release attachment to preconceptions below the level of conscious awareness.

It is those preconceptions and biases that lead to dead ends. So self knowledge is the big focus in learning. It allows you to understand where you inhibit life's lessons from being lessons. In addition, we tend to associate learning with something the intellect does. Many of life's lessons point out conditioning far below the level of conscious intellect, assumptions upon which we base our very sense of identity and connect with our survival in this world. On the other hand, we cannot simply throw away these assumptions without examination. We may just throw away something of value.

So those who do get "beaten" are beholden to the biases leading to defeat. A defeat can teach, but it can also debilitate, generating a chronic post traumatic syndrome of karmic implications, so deep that any thought of releasing it amounts to a portent of one's demise. Because of this, we tend to hide our real biases away, and mask them as truisms or fundamental beliefs about reality, clothing them with words that sound quite right, but may just be wrappings protecting these sacred cows from tampering.

Neil said:
I've felt so lost and alone much of the time, like I said waiting for some unknown thing to occur. However, most of the crucial junctures in my life were completely out of my control. They were just thrown into my life one day and I had to make a choice. I understand things seem to come with time, but I thought you could accelerate them a bit by making yourself more aware and intelligent. I guess these things only give you the ability to see new choices and see existing ones in a different way, not speed up your development. It comes when it comes.
Actually, you can accelerate them, and most likely have done so. The conscious intellect is often not aware of what the total being is doing. If it was, it would struggle against it. It becomes aware when it is ready. Then you can see the acceleration.

Your desire to evolve threw the events into your life, magnetizing them. The choices were what mattered. The results of those choices accumulate until you are ready as an individual to consciously identify with your whole being, which until then is just an influence to which you react with choices.

Eventually, through self-knowledge you can realize the greater pattern of your life, and connect it with your natural aspirations. You can learn to discern the biases limiting you, and the many things you take as givens that are really stories that give you a sense of safety from the unknown.

Seeing choices and the patterns of your life and self allows you to also see your inner aspiration in a more conscious way. Ask and you shall receive. But be careful when you ask. The link between asking and receiving, once understood, can lead to profound acceleration. The understanding of self can save you a lot of time otherwise spent on trial and error.

Part of the learning is to understand the right questions to pose, and how to pose them. Part of the learning is to understand all the forces motivating you to ask, which are sincere and which serve to maintain a secure state of status quo.

If things seem to be going to slow ask why? You might get an answer through an experience of what acceleration really is, and it may not feel very comfortable. Then you might cry "stop!". It pays to understand the hows and whys of our natural pace of growth. It pays to discover our true frontier of expansion and deepening, because then we are neither ahead of ourselves or lagging behind.

Neil said:
By battles I mean conflict. I understand most people conceptualize a battle as two armies on a field trying to kill each other, but I thought conflict was too vague. I believe there will be some of this with the Reptoids, but this will probably be a minor part of the overall struggle.
I believe the C's say somewhere that the battle is through us. If you feel any inner turmoil or confusion or any sense of wrongness or that things could be better, the battle is being waged, and you are its field. One side is natural and the other is alien, alienating, alienated and invasive. Often it's hard to tell which is which because the alien side has conditioned us to its ways in a quite clever manner.

The aliens HAVE been here since the beginning of human society, of the species, of life on earth...it doesn't matter. What matters is that many things presented are externalizations of what is already going on within. So the question is also, who are the Reptoids? Are we speaking of what amounts to a science fiction/fantasy saga, or is there something far deeper, far less simplistic? What is the fairy tale here, and what is truth?

I think if you are thinking in terms of future events and struggles, you may be projecting away from the real situation, which is here and now. Actually, we really have no clue regarding awakening in a global sense. Some individuals have become more awake, in terms of what they were before, and in comparison to others. But do we really have a scale to discern just how awake they were? Were awake completely or just in certain ways?

So one thing one understands as one moves to the beat of a different drummer is that awakening is relative, and so far quite ineffective to generate tangible satisfactory changes in the world, unless one considers that things would be a lot worse without the degree of awakening already existent.

I think there are elements of awakening, and we are challenged to piece them together in a way now that transcends all past versions. The past may have been a bunch of individual specialized lessons, but graduation amounts to putting it all together in one tapestry of tangible and applicable meaning.

Part of the criteria for transcending the limitations of our current state, (which is not the same as thinking we are transcending our current place), is to understand the real nature of the corruption, and the true nature of the conflict within. Regarding esoteric work, much of this amounts to transcending definitions of what is possible and what is not, and transcending the teachings of former traditions through understanding their limitations.

Really, we are challenged to understand the nature of life, and what it means to act in life and through life. As such, when one is honest with oneself, there is no such thing as bungling, and no need for apologies. Bungling is often the best way to learn, and experts are those that learn least because they are comfortable in their expertise.

Neil said:
I vowed that I would never talk with another human again about my experiences, aliens, or psychic phenomena. We are supposed to serve others, and I would happily embrace this mission, but how are you supposed to deal with someone who is going to take all of your energy and then use it against you.
I vowed that too but failed miserably at the beginning and couldn't seem to keep my mouth shut. Also it's challenging just observing and leaving the behavior alone. I still have Xtian programing of trying to save others my way and telling them what to do. (I get angry at myself for doing it) I think I have improved in that area (keeping mouth shut) but I could just be deluding myself. I get most angry when people just ask, not listening to a word said, just so they can spew theirs and try to change yours lol Karma goodness how long do I have to pay for 2years of being a religious freak...

ash said:
We interact, share, etc! Nothing more nothing less. to do otherwise is to judge what we think 'they' should - oughta, have be do - etc.
I like that, copied it and pasted it on my timesheet.

Yay! people in Florida!

Like attracts like. I have to remember shadow self too. (jung shadow: a collection of inferiorities, undeveloped, and regressive aspects of the personality.)

Summer of 2001 a crazy ufo lady banged me in the head with printed copies of the Cass site Wave Series. (not really but her emotions where like if she did) Cass site visitor since Sept 2001 whew I almost listed in the Air Force. Lurking (To exist unobserved or unsuspected) since May 2002. Finally decided to read G (Gurdjieff) and I thought I was making progress HA I haven't even started.

EsoQuest Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

Later I hope to contribute other that commenting on comments ;)

What to do with "normal" people? :D Well, I call them OPs! I've found that providing they have all their 'needs' and 'wants' met; have enough programs to know how to 'behave' in most - if not all, situations, and are never expected to look deeply at anything, then they generally aren't much of an issue. They're just 'there', doing what they're programed to do: exist.

Yes but what happens to relationships, families in all this. ( I have posted about this in "Whats on your mind".)

The more I learn the bigger the gulf between my husband and I. Which family is more important, the family out there or the family in the house?
Is it more STO to bring up my child in a stable home as she IS the future. I know I can,t and shouldnt stop myself from developing, but I am also frightened what that might mean.
For eg: He wants to spend xmas with his family who I feel very alienated from. ( Catholic,s) While I want us ALL do go to Egypt (just us not the in-laws. ) I feel like going on my own. Is that selfish?

Sorry if this sounds very boring and domestic, but I,m a new person on this path and have no great spirituals insight yet!

Neil said:
I know this is likely a common topic, and it has been dealt with to varying degrees all over Cassiopaea. Several years ago, I vowed that I would never talk with another human again about my experiences, aliens, or psychic phenomena. We are supposed to serve others, and I would happily embrace this mission, but how are you supposed to deal with someone who is going to take all of your energy and then use it against you. The obvious solution is to keep it all to yourself and never share it with anyone, but that's very STS isn't it? There must be another alternative. I'll be stuck in STS mode forever if I don't find it. Laura wants to expand this operation into the realm of the general public. I wish her luck, but how is she going to manage that? God forbid those freaks that believe in aliens and the paranormal start running our planet. I don't see how she deals with the ignorant masses that run continuously on autopilot. I'm a new member and I respect Laura very much, I think she would make a great leader, and I owe her a debt of grattitude for pushing the limits of my perception ever farther and imparting me with the most precious gift of knowledge. I hope that I can find a family here. But I don't think it's about us. Most of the people here are probably wanderers anyway. It's about them, but how can you do "the work" when they won't listen? I would love nothing more than to tell them things, share my insights, and become a better person, but I'm not going to be fish food! If we are supposed to help humanity, it seems we are doing a terrible job, for every person that wakes up, 100 more are born into darkness. I fear that when the wave comes, the number of people that make it to 4th density will either be so small that the Reptoids will just sit there and laugh, or that the people that got to 4th density will be so clueless that they will be easy pickings for our "buddies". I feel like an island of intellect in a sea of ignorance. At least I know there are other islands out there now, but where is the continent? It is dificult not to view the "normal" ones with contempt. They see nothing and ignore everything. The Consortium has set all of these plans in motion to liquify our brains, restrict our freedom, and break our will, how is someone who is perfectly average in every way supposed to overcome that? There are more layers of deception than anyone can break, it is hard enough to help yourself. I came so close to joining that crowd on three different occassions. If society/STS/whatever had applied just a little more pressure I would be an ignorant fool. I feel like I'm just standing and observing a process. Waiting for something to happen. I cannot interfere for some reason, I just watch, try to find others like me, and hope I accomplish SOMETHING. Then if we survive the tribulations on this density, we get to get caught up in the real battle on the next one. So what do you do with these people? Try to slip out things to get them to understand? Ignore them? Help the ones that have potential? Or do you do absolutely nothing, and just be? I guess the last one seems to work the best, but it is very depressing and scary to sit back and watch the STS win the war. Any comments would be greatly appreciated, thank you for listneing to my venting.
1. You're your own leader. We're all on our own navigation. You can use someone else's charts, but in the end you're the one making all the decisions. No decision is a decision too.

2. It may not make sense at first, but giving "light" when it's not asked for, is not good. If someone asks a question pertaining to these kinds of topics, then it's OK, but if someone isn't at the point where they're asking these kinds of questions, "pushing" this kind of knowledge will hurt them more than help. Same token, if someone is "pushing" knowledge onto you that you didn't specifically ask for, start getting suspicious. The really good guys won't say a thing, until you ask. Think about all the information that's "pushed" onto you during the day. Observe that and see how much of it you think is actually for your own benefit, or whether it benefits someone else more than you.

3. Don't look down on those that aren't as far down the path as you. You were once just like them at some point in the past too. So in some sense, you're looking down on yourself, and why would you want to do that?

To go on with ternary posts and to summarize some interaction types :

1/ with yourself : the Work

2/ with the ones who genuinely ask (not beg, not command) give your best answers

3/ for the rest : like Don Juan says : "it is controlled crazyness". A world of non sense in which you play a crazy role. But you are aware of playing it.

mercurius said:
For eg: He wants to spend xmas with his family who I feel very alienated from. ( Catholic,s) While I want us ALL do go to Egypt (just us not the in-laws. ) I feel like going on my own. Is that selfish?
Why not do both? Spend xmas with the inlaws, then (at another time) go to Egypt. Part of the 'spiritual path' might be about taking the time to consider others needs and concerns before your own, whilst at the same time, not sublimating or sacrificing your needs to others.

Sometimes this means compromise, but compromise can often be a better alternative to conflict. The old "grin and bear it", for a short while, whilst dealing with the inlaws.... Some people even have this with family members and feel guilty about wanting to avoid them but they 'do their duty' none-the-less. Not all families, inlaws etc have anything in common or are 'reading off the same page'. In fact, I would say quite a few families have nothing in common and they just have to learn to put up with each other! It must be good training for external consideration, not to mention patience.

Neil said:
Beautiful post. And very valid questions.
The first thing that follows the awakening is the urge to save the whole world, to enlight everyone. The second is this feeling of spiritual uniquness and in some casses even messianic complex. When all this passes there is just a sense of imense sorrow for your brethren and your home planet. .
One thing is true - All humans are not equal, some are ready for the truth and some are not.
the feeling of isolation can be very heavy at times but I think the only way you can help others is by working on yourself. Very hard.
When the light within you is lit and shines at its brightest maybe it will wake up the sleepers around you. Until then dont even try.

Well that at least how I see it after I have gone through the same frustration you are now going through.
But just the thought that there are people like me out there helps alot.
Who knows maybe one day we will be able to do more. At this time I dont think we are ready yet.

Ps. I liked the part when you reffered to us like family cos this is how I feel too

Ruth said:
In fact, I would say quite a few families have nothing in common and they just have to learn to put up with each other! It must be good training for external consideration, not to mention patience.
From my personal experience I would also add that it can be a great deal more complex than this. Sometimes family members are among those who feed from us the most heavily; it's painful, but important to study your own situation vis a vis relationships and act responsibly according to the conclusions one might reach. Even this is not easy, by any means, however it brings great peace of mind.

OP's and psycopaths are also to be found among direct family - not just spouses and co-workers. Lessons in patience are of course of great value, but of equal (if not more) import is to learn to think objectively and discern what may be above and beyond familial duty but rather delving into the realm of self destruction in the guise of familial duty.

Of course there are also many for whom there exists a complex family relationship without more sinister implications.

Be objective in your discernment while making your decision.

just a passing comment to amelopsis's post, long time ago I have read somwhere - it hink it was osme psychological books the following statement:

"The families are the bigest consumer of our energy and sometimes they will drain us to death"
This is so true

Back
Top Bottom