Who else achieved the great work ??

Tigersoap

The Living Force
Hi,

I've been wondering who else did achieve the great work besides Fulcanelli ??

I understand that if anyone else did it he/she might not especially brag about it but it really bugs me out to think that so few can do it.

Don juan Matus ? (if he ever existed)

I'd be tempted to say Jesus or Buddha for example but they seem more iconic than actual persons and it was such a long time ago.

Anyone knows others who achieved it during their lifetime ?

Thanks.

Apparently, those that achieved the "great work" are "vanishingly rare", and since achieving such a goal suggests disappearing in a "puff of smoke", there is probably not much chance to brag about it, at least not to any of us!

Joe

Uhm that does not look so great from my point of view then.
If there is such a small opportunity to "get out" of this place I am suddenly very anxious about my future (and present) :|

On another point, related to this, was Fulcanelli really alone in this ?
There was suggestion that he had a "wife",
Wouldn't it be possible that he was part of a group but for reasons that eludes me, he was the only one to make his disappearance known.

Thus is would it be why there is much emphasis in creating a group of persons to amplify the "knowledge" creating some feedback loop ? because to "get out" in group would be "easier" than alone.

I am not stating these as facts but more like my train of thoughts at the moment.
Let me know if I am not making sense.

Thanks

Tigersoap said:
Thus is would it be why there is much emphasis in creating a group of persons to amplify the "knowledge" creating some feedback loop ? because to "get out" in group would be "easier" than alone.
Hi Tigersoap,

Laura said in his interview on BBC and you can read it on her blog, that there is 3 ways of getting out:

Laura:
"And, clearly, there are individuals in history; and you’ll notice that the book has a thread all the way through it of alchemy. I believe that alchemists were among those who were able to not only come to understand the system, but were able to step outside of the system, to be able to access hyperdimensional realities. Because all of these things, that uh, these special powers that so-called alchemists were be able to achieve, have to do with mastery of space and time, which is what you achieve when you, uh, achieve the ability to step in and out of the hyperdimensional realities.

So, there are alchemists, there are some types of yogis, there is, uh, there is the ancient material that was brought to the West by Gurdjieff, by Mouravieff. There is some very ancient literature that speaks to these matters and talks about people who have escaped. And that’s why there is a subtitle to the book, you know, ‘and How to Get out Alive’, because I do address that."

If I am not mistaken, the approach of the Wave will provide a unique opportunity for more 'average' people to advance to the next level, i. e. 4th density STS or STO, with the difference perhaps being that accomplishing the Work usually constitutes the STO path to advancement.

DippyDog said:
If I am not mistaken, the approach of the Wave will provide a unique opportunity for more 'average' people to advance to the next level, i. e. 4th density STS or STO, with the difference perhaps being that accomplishing the Work usually constitutes the STO path to advancement.
That's what is strongly suggested. It is also suggested that this can happen because of a colinear group dynamic where none of the individuals, alone, would be considered "ready," but that together, because they have aligned themselves with a pure intent, can achieve that which is much greater than the sum of their parts.

Thanks Namaste,

I've already read Laura's book (an re-reading it right now) and recently Mouravieff so I think I understand the different ways available and the hard work behind it ;)

The only thing I am puzzled about is the rare time when someone has been known to do it (Fulcanelli) and left a "message", but obviously not every person who achieved it will leave something behind.

I was just trying to know if there were other examples such as Fulcanelli.

Anyway, without Laura's work to understand Fucanelli I would not probably have even started to "understand" (well that's not really correct) the clues left behind.
"Le mystère des cathédrales" left me even more confused about the symbology after reading it.
I am probably not at the stage where it all makes sense to me, I am still behind a thick fog where I can just glimpse shapes moving in and out.

My Athanor has just started to burn.

Laura said:
DippyDog said:
That's what is strongly suggested. It is also suggested that this can happen because of a colinear group dynamic where none of the individuals, alone, would be considered "ready," but that together, because they have aligned themselves with a pure intent, can achieve that which is much greater than the sum of their parts.
Ah thanks.
That's what I thought but doubted to understand correctly.

Although I am still asking myself if I've got enough of the right stuff because there is so much I don't fully understand yet.

How can I know this ? I mean it's not easy to know where your stand sometimes even if you're coming to this forum.

Maybe by asking this it's because I am not ready yet :|

I hope this is not a stupid question

Some thoughts, related directly and tangentially to the matter at hand:

Joe said:
Apparently, those that achieved the "great work" are "vanishingly rare", and since achieving such a goal suggests disappearing in a "puff of smoke", there is probably not much chance to brag about it, at least not to any of us!
Given the nature of the general law and since most teachers who really KNOW are attacked mercilessly, anyone who did achieve the great work would teach in a very low key manner OSIT. Would such beings want to advertise their presence? If you went looking for a Sufi shaykh, you would probably walk right past the shoemaker, and miss a great opportunity... although that doesn't seem to apply in the case of our shaykh, Laura, if I may call her that :) Given what the masses have done to various teachers down through the ages, it's a miracle that Laura teaches and publishes what she does, and I for one think her courage in this is awe-inspiring. Maybe this is why the names of those who have achieved the great work haven't come down to us through history.

Nicolas and Perenelle Flamel are said to have achieved the great work. See Laura's Secret History pp 48 - 50. Certainly Laura relates some very interesting information about them.

I found this in Mouravieff which seemed of interest:

Mouravieff said:
Each human being, then, is born with his own particular film. This represents the field of action in which man is called to apply his conscious efforts. The repetition of the film is not reincarnation, although these two notions are often confused.

[...]

By reincarnation we must understand a phenomenon of a very different order.

[...]

True reincarnation [...] occurs entirely in time, and belongs integrally to the domain of the Real[...].

[...] the perfect, free, Individuality, who is able, if need arises, to reincarnate consciously in Time.

Mouravieff, Gnosis, Book 1
I think this suggests that if someone vanished in a puff of smoke, so to speak, having achieved the culmination of the work, they could consciously choose to return at a point in time where their services were needed. Quite understandable if they had mastered time and space. Whether such a being would have to re-achieve the great work in their new lifetime is a question I cannot answer. Indeed, whether this would involve being born and growing up in the usual way, or some other process, is also unanswerable. Maybe there are some adepts on this planet that no-one knows about. How would we know them? Perhaps one can only 'see' them when one is ready to see the unseen, or perhaps when they allow themselves to be seen.

Tigersoap said:
I am still asking myself if I've got enough of the right stuff because there is so much I don't fully understand yet.

How can I know this ? I mean it's not easy to know where your stand sometimes even if you're coming to this forum.
Maybe it depends where one looks for the 'right stuff'?

The Cs suggested that 'graduation' to 4th density was based on having learned the lessons of life on the big blue marble, those being "karmic and simple understandings". Which suggests the "right stuff" is in learning to see the world and ourselves as they truly are. Remove enough wishful thinking and delusion about how we see ourselves and the world, then perhaps there is more room for understanding and the 'right stuff' that were not possible before? If you want to fit new things into the suitcase, you gotta throw out much of the old stuff first.

Tigersoap said:
I am still asking myself if I've got enough of the right stuff because there is so much I don't fully understand yet.

I can really identifiy with what Tigersoap said here. One has to weight the danger of vacillating too long with the danger of blundering ahead without sufficient knowledge. My personal difficulty with all this right now is that I spend so much time staying afloat financially and worrying about finances, I realize this is not constructive and I am taking steps to mitigate this problem. I am finding that I really don't need that much to get by.

Lau Tzu said: "The jouney of a thousand miles starts under one's foot"

I want to say publically that I really appreciate the work and struggle that Laura and Ark have undertaken. It is great to have such knowledge and research available in one place. I also want to acknowledge the generally high quality of information provided by this forum's members. It is my intent to contribute to this forum in what ways I can. I have read most all of Laura's articles, some of her books and read the posts here often. I also enjoy many of the links provided by forum members. If I come across anything that I feel will contribute I will post or link it.

I want to do what I can to prepare for the arrival of the Wave. I think that the wave will augment what we already have within us. I sense a danger in believing that the wave will help us, or sould I say 'save us'. It is up to each of us who aspire toward evolution and creativity to work as hard as we can, individually and collectively, to achieve the Ideal of the Work. Time is short.

Tigersoap said:
How can I know this ?
I'm asking myself the same question. How can we (us individuals who didn't perform the Work, who are still somehow blind) identify the ones who finalized the Work and who can see.

DippyDog said:
I want to do what I can to prepare for the arrival of the Wave. I think that the wave will augment what we already have within us. I sense a danger in believing that the wave will help us, or sould I say 'save us'. It is up to each of us who aspire toward evolution and creativity to work as hard as we can, individually and collectively, to achieve the Ideal of the Work.
The wave might be a kind of catalyzator, simply accelerating the undergoing processes. Accelerating falls and also accelerating rises.

Well, as Joe said, those who have achieved it are exceedingly rare. I have no idea what the ratio of those who sincerely commit and try to achieve "graduation" and those who succeed is, but the number of successes is not large. The number who even try is very small in relation to the whole population at any given time.

But if you are looking for a specific name or two, I believe another possible "achiever" would be the strange case of Nicholas Flamel (mentioned, I believe, in the Wave Series as possibly having achieved it). He is also mentioned in the book The Psychology of the Transference by C.G. Jung (but only as a known alchemist, not in the context of having achieved the "Great Work").

Thanks everyone for replying.

I guess I am just trying to find 'sources of inspiration' of people who have achieved the great work because it seems pretty bleak if very few people did it.

I am certainly miles away from any Fulcanelli, Gurdjieff and so on so it is sometimes feels like I am in no way able to grasp the universe as it is.
Although, I am aware this is not a contest and I am trying my best within my abilities at this point.

Well..Rock on !!!

tigersoap said:
I guess I am just trying to find sources of inspiration' of people who have achieved the great work because it seems pretty bleak if very few people did it.
How about looking at sources of anti-inspiration eg psychopaths and how much bleaker the world will become if people don't try to do it?

tigersoap said:
Well..Rock on !!!
indeed. keep chipping away! :)

Back
Top Bottom