Who were the Native Americans?

1peacelover

Jedi Master
Greetings......As a melaninated person, most of us have been taught that "Negroes" located in this hemisphere were the result of the Slave Trade and our arrival from Africa. My ancestors always rejected this notion & would get upset when we, children, asked "Where we came from?" My Granny a black blue woman maintained her people had been here since the beginning of time in this Caribbean region.

For starters, I read the book America by John Ogilby and there are illustrations of the people encountered by the 1st colonizers/explorers. Some the oldest skeletal remains are those of negroid peoples. In the Virgin Islands, many Pre-Columbian negro skulls have been found throughout our islands & yet, most of this information is not known by our community. This myth of all of us arriving from Africa is just that a myth. If one studies the colonization of this region, the 1st to be enslaved by Columbus on Hispaniola/Hayti were sent to Seville Spain to be sold. How would most of us know the truth of our origins when they have been intentionally hidden to keep certain economic and societal controls in place? How could Columbus, from 40 miles in the distance determine that an island/geographic location was uninhabited? Especially since evidence of us are right there. Did we just disappear when the colonizers came on the scene? No. Many of our ancestors became the maroons. Hmmmm

I have my suspicions as to why this is. The Danish National Museum & the Smithsonian have 'lost/misplaced" these pieces of evidence. Two of the most meticulous information gathering organizations on the planet and yet, no skeletons? In Peace.

Attachments

• IMG_20180210_080554.jpg
    IMG_20180210_080554.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 2w3xpp3.jpg
    2w3xpp3.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 27
  • Montezuma.jpg
    Montezuma.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20171107_084642.jpg
    IMG_20171107_084642.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 26
Well, hmmm.... I dunno. Yeah, I know about very old carved pieces with negroid features, but I never thought about it exactly the way you have put the question. Have you had your DNA done by 23andme to see what the origins actually trace back to? I'd be interested to know.

Back
Top Bottom