Wildlife and Natural Photography Pics

Mr.Cyan

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Just wanted to share some wildlife and natural photographs that i have taken over the last 3 years with the Forum.

Not really familiar with embedding pics in the post, hence i have attached it below.

Attachments

• Blue_Footed_Booby.jpg
    Blue_Footed_Booby.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 334
  • Galapagos_Hawk.jpg
    Galapagos_Hawk.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 325
  • Galapagos_Sea_Lion.jpg
    Galapagos_Sea_Lion.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 322
  • Great_Frigate_Bird.jpg
    Great_Frigate_Bird.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 290
  • Heaven_and_Earth.jpg
    Heaven_and_Earth.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 36
  • Himalayan_Monal_2.jpg
    Himalayan_Monal_2.jpg
    389.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Kittiwake_Fight.jpg
    Kittiwake_Fight.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
  • Lava_Heron_Love_Dance.jpg
    Lava_Heron_Love_Dance.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • Marine_Iguana_1.jpg
    Marine_Iguana_1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
  • Antarctic_Rorschach_2.jpg
    Antarctic_Rorschach_2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 460
987baz said:
Some nice pics there Mr Cyan, what's your camera/lens setup?

Thanks 987baz,

The camera bodies i use are a Canon 5D Mark III, or a 60D.

Lenses: Canon EF IS USM F4.0 70-200mm, F4.5-5.4 100-400mm, F4 24-70(can't remember exact focal length)mm, and a Tokina F2.8 11-16mm. Sometimes i use a 2x Extender with the 100-400mm, but for this setup i will then have to use Manual Focus (Great Frigate Bird Pic).

All pics attached we taken with 5D mark III, only the Antarctic Rorschach, Heaven and Earth, and Kittiwake Fight pics were taken with the 60D.

As i am taking mostly fast moving wildlife - i normally use very high ISOs (between 1000-3000), in order to get high shutter speeds (1/500- 1/3000s). F values i use between 4-9. The 5D Mark III is really good with high ISO, hences its my favourite body now :).

Just checked out your photography website too, and really liked the great potraits and band pics

these are really cool pictures, if I may I want to keep a couple of these and use them as a pc background... I hope you don't mind...

great work :perfect:

Xico said:
these are really cool pictures, if I may I want to keep a couple of these and use them as a pc background... I hope you don't mind...

great work :perfect:

Hi Xico, sure, please feel free to use the pics as you wish, glad you liked them :)

I posted them here, with the idea that any Forum member/visitor can use them as they wish as well.

Did you intend this thread as a place for others to share wildlife and nature photos as well? (If so I have a few good ones to add).

liffy said:
Did you intend this thread as a place for others to share wildlife and nature photos as well? (If so I have a few good ones to add).

It would be a good idea :cool:

Let's see if these attachment work.
These photos are from all around the american continent(s).

Attachments

• Three alpacas.jpg
    Three alpacas.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Squirrel 2.jpg
    Squirrel 2.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Seal of approval.jpg
    Seal of approval.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Salt Flats.jpg
    Salt Flats.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 20
  • One alpaca .jpg
    One alpaca .jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Lago De Atitlan.jpg
    Lago De Atitlan.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 17
  • i see gull.jpg
    i see gull.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Huacachina desert.jpg
    Huacachina desert.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 17
  • horse in ecuador.jpg
    horse in ecuador.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Squirrel 1.jpg
    Squirrel 1.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 23
Really nice pics liffy :), my favourite is the Squirrel 1 - may i know the location in the Americas that the shot was taken, and the camera settings ?

Thank you Cyan. I like yours too (forgot to mention).

That photo was taken hiking around in Yosemite National Park in California.

Unfortunately I've lost access to the overview of the settings I used as a result of exporting the image, and not being able to locate the original at the moment. :P

However, looking at it, and thinking back, I think it's safe to say that the focal ratio was a quite low number, and the shutter speed quite fast, at least as fast as the dim lighting would allow.

The camera I use is an Olympus Pen EP-1, with the original lens (14-42 mm), so I have to get pretty close to get these "zooms". (I don't think I cropped it afterwards). Those squirrels were quite relaxed though, I suppose they meet a lot of people meaning them no harm, being located on a popular trail in a park like that.

Back
Top Bottom