worldpay subscription

mugatea

Jedi Master
Hi I was gonna set up a small monthly subscription with worldpay but they wont take visa electron.

Jamie

mugatea said:
Hi I was gonna set up a small monthly subscription with worldpay but they wont take visa electron.

Jamie
A lot of places don't accept visa electron :(

A lot of places don't accept visa electron
That's news to me. Is there some special reason for that? I know that a lot of places don't accept American Express because they have a high commission and take a long time to pay. I have made several purchases with different vendors with my Visa Electron with no problems. In fact, SOTT's store was the first place I found I was unable to make a purchase.

When I read about Sott's financial difficulties I really wanted to help (both Sott and myself) out by purchasing some e-books, but no such luck :(

I'd still like to know if there's an alternative, like doing a money order from Italy, or sending an Italian check in
Euros. I'd be grateful for further information.

yeah, I think electron is new-ish. When I first got my card only the big supermarkets took it, now all the small local places do it. Its spreading, but I dont know for sure why its still limited.

So what can we do? Any ideas? Maybe we can send money by paypal or some other way to a trusting individual who can then pass it on?

Jamie

PS I read the end of the world as we know it podcast. It was great. Now the problem with people no longer buying books cause they can download them easy on p2p networks, cant we help with that by getting people to upload corrupted files of the books so when people try to download it the original copies are drowned out?

I'd let my computer be of use and I bet loads here would help out.

PS, When Laura says in that podcast that she knows how to combat the end of the world but cant show it on the signs page cause it would get blocked, can she email the info instead? How do we get access to the info that is too hot to be uploaded to the website? There is a way, surely!

Jamie

never heard of visa electron, I am guessing its some special type of Visa Card

dont u have regular Visa card ?

mugatea said:
PS, When Laura says in that podcast that she knows how to combat the end of the world but cant show it on the signs page cause it would get blocked, can she email the info instead? How do we get access to the info that is too hot to be uploaded to the website? There is a way, surely!
Dont remeber hearing that part, but I did listen at the end of very long and very hard day.
You can find alot of info on the website as it is. Obviously nobody gives you preparation checklist and they never will.
The work is the only sure way, but I keep having this feeling we are running out of time

Deckard said:
never heard of visa electron, I am guessing its some special type of Visa Card
If memory serves me right, it's a payment card which you add money to at various places then spend at other places. When they first came out they were limited to

Visa Electron is handy because it's prepaid, and you can transfer cash to it from your on-line account. That way you don't have to worry about somebody ending up with your card details since they can only steal a limited amount. You can also check all the credits and debits on-line without having to wait for a statement. At least, that's how it works at my bank.

I don't feel comfortable using a regular credit card anymore. I've read about too many 'accidents' when large data bases of credit card info get lost or stolen.

to me its just a debit card. I can spend the money in my bank using it or take money out of the cash machine(atm). The bank I'm with gives it out as the basic card.

wikipedia says

Visa Electron is a debit or credit card available across most of the world, with the exception of the United States, Canada and Australia. The card was introduced by VISA in the 80s and is a sister card to the Visa Debit card. If the Visa Electron logo is the only VISA logo on the card, the card will always require online authorization.

In different regions, the card is issued with different specifications. For example, one bank may issue it as a debit card, while another may issue it as a credit card. It is most commonly issued as a debit card. In this case applying for a credit card requires the applicant to present some proof of regular income (such as an employment certificate) or financial assets invested elsewhere.

In addition to debit facilities, the card also allows the holder to withdraw cash from ATMs even outside the holder's country of residence unlike normal ATM cards issued in some countries. This is because Visa Electron cards are also linked to the PLUS interbank network.

In the United Kingdom, the card is not as widely accepted as the sister Visa Debit card, but is often issued by banks as a debit card for children's accounts. In some countries, like Australia, retailers are required to accept the card as part of VISA's Accept All Cards Policy, which also applies to the normal Visa Debit card, although the card isn't available locally.

In countries that have stricter criteria for issuing credit cards Visa Electron has become popular with younger people and students alike due to much lower requirements and low fees.

So any ideas how we electronees can dontate?

Hey, guess what? You can use your visa electron here: http://www.redpillpress.co.uk/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=10o9urrmoa0jbf2q2o8f7psi12 :D

Finally! Visa Electron is an UK based cc circuit (I've read it somewhere...), and so it works easily there. It worked also through Amazon at some point, but sometimes it fails.

There's another prepaid cc that works fine with WorldPay, it's a "Maestro", check the BNL bank ;-)

Back
Top Bottom