YAY for this Forum!!

F

FreeSoul

I am so happy that I found this place! I love this forum and the people that have posted here. :D

Just the amount of personal growth in one weekend has surprised me. Thank you for helping me open my mind a little more. I hope that I can do the same for some of you.

Cheers!

Beau

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Opening the mind is good. It's just that what you find in there when you open it can shock you. :cool:

F

FreeSoul

At this point nothing could really shock me, maybe just surprise. :)

vinny

The Living Force
wanna bet ;-)

anyway, shocks are good (m'kay?). they jolt you out of familiar thought patterns. it is sometimes the only way to get out of a 'rut' and discover something you otherwise wouldn't have.

once you come to appreciate the depths of humanity's 'mechanicalness', the way we are these complete tangle of physical/emotional/intellectual unconscoious 'reaction machines' you'll see how shocks are the only way to wake up. like Neo in the matrix taking the red pill - he could'nt have woken up without that almighty jolt.

btw, I second your 'yay!'. this forum rocks.

also, if you haven't read the wave yet, I highly reccommend it, it's a good starting point to understand some of the concepts/vocabulary that is commonly discuused on here. and its got a few shocks ;-) it did have for me anyway...

F

FreeSoul

I guess 'shock' is too strong of a word for me. If something challenges my current view of reality my reaction is not "OH MY GOD!" but more like 'huh interesting' or 'cool'. I just haven't had my 'mind blown' yet, and I've gone deep---not that I'm not open to discovery.

I only heard of the Wave series a few days ago and I am waiting for the book in the mail. I couldn't wait for the book before joining the forum. I have a feeling that with all the research that I have done, I am already on the same page. I just might not know what some of the terminology is referring to on the this forum without a little more of an explanation.

BTW-- how long do I have to wait till I see my avatar?

vinny

The Living Force
FreeSoul said:
BTW-- how long do I have to wait till I see my avatar?
I thought it appeared straight away once you uploaded it. maybe something didn't work, or there is a file-size restriction?

Beau

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
FreeSoul said:
I just might not know what some of the terminology is referring to on the this forum without a little more of an explanation.
Do a search on the forum for "shock". It has a certain meaning in Fourth Way terminology. I'd just give the link to the Cass glossary entry for it but it's down at the moment.

Top Bottom