Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Hello, guys! Hope you're all have everything is excellent :)

But i've some troubles...Next morning after EE session I've an inflammationn\aches in my nasopharynx. Usually it's a symptom of flu, but in this case the aches ends at 15-60 minutes after I wake up. Certainly, this aches are not only EE-effect.This time, when i practice cold protocol i also have aches in the morning. The worse is that "light aches" could leads a real coldflu :(

Before CP even being without any coldflu\inflammations there are was cases when EE session ends with aches. So, my suppose that this is because of drying of mucous membrane (yeah, i tried to do breath more slowly and gently...no results) Did anybody have these troubles? The one solution in my mind is to humidify air\inner nose

Hm..also i remember that aches approve in the midnight...I can't link it with anything yet :huh:

s-kur said:
Hello, guys! Hope you're all have everything is excellent :)

But i've some troubles...Next morning after EE session I've an inflammationn\aches in my nasopharynx. Usually it's a symptom of flu, but in this case the aches ends at 15-60 minutes after I wake up. Certainly, this aches are not only EE-effect.This time, when i practice cold protocol i also have aches in the morning. The worse is that "light aches" could leads a real coldflu :(

Before CP even being without any coldflu\inflammations there are was cases when EE session ends with aches. So, my suppose that this is because of drying of mucous membrane (yeah, i tried to do breath more slowly and gently...no results) Did anybody have these troubles? The one solution in my mind is to humidify air\inner nose

Hm..also i remember that aches approve in the midnight...I can't link it with anything yet :huh:

The only time I experienced aches after doing EE was when I was lying down on a relatively hard surface and my spine wasn't properly situated against the surface. A few months ago I had a bad cold and noticed feeling much better after having done EE, like I was giving my mind/body a better space from which to heal from. So I think the aches you experienced were a coincidence, but you can continue to gently try EE and observe how you feel to see if there is a correlation.

I'm a big fan of nasal irrigation when I feel like a cold is coming on or when my sinuses feel inflamed for whatever reason. Using a product like this one before you do EE and go to sleep may help you to breathe and sleep easier. There have been times when I've gone to bed while being particularly stuffed up and woke up with a headache. I think it's because of all the extra work my sinuses did to breathe properly and help oxygenate the brain.

Ennio said:
The only time I experienced aches after doing EE was when I was lying down on a relatively hard surface and my spine wasn't properly situated against the surface. A few months ago I had a bad cold and noticed feeling much better after having done EE, like I was giving my mind/body a better space from which to heal from. So I think the aches you experienced were a coincidence, but you can continue to gently try EE and observe how you feel to see if there is a correlation.

I'm a big fan of nasal irrigation when I feel like a cold is coming on or when my sinuses feel inflamed for whatever reason. Using a product like this one before you do EE and go to sleep may help you to breathe and sleep easier. There have been times when I've gone to bed while being particularly stuffed up and woke up with a headache. I think it's because of all the extra work my sinuses did to breathe properly and help oxygenate the brain.

In the childhood i took advice from school teachers and adults to do sea water's irrigation against often cold (caused with gluten, BTW..oh, Gosh, they even pulled out my adenoides having tied to a chair to find out the reason of cold) but it was very painful to do ones and after one or two attempts i finished :D. So, i'm going to do the irrigations, maybe it will be very useful for prevention streptococcus' activity casued with CP, air flow while EE or whatever else. Even now it's very painful if nose gets any water.

Thanks for advice, Ennio!

Just a thought, s-kur, but it could relate to your problem. There is a difference in the ways you can inhale through your nose: 1) if you "vacuum" the air through your nose (usually accompanied with a more shallow/upper way of breathing), the nasal passageways tend to squeeze together and you experience dryness 2) if you start your inhalation deep down, at the belly, really utilising your diaphragm, your nasal passageways stay more open, and the feeling is more gentle, moist and warmer. So, perhaps concentrating more on the "filling up from the bottom", instead of vacuuming with the nose might help...

Aragorn said:
Just a thought, s-kur, but it could relate to your problem. There is a difference in the ways you can inhale through your nose: 1) if you "vacuum" the air through your nose (usually accompanied with a more shallow/upper way of breathing), the nasal passageways tend to squeeze together and you experience dryness 2) if you start your inhalation deep down, at the belly, really utilising your diaphragm, your nasal passageways stay more open, and the feeling is more gentle, moist and warmer. So, perhaps concentrating more on the "filling up from the bottom", instead of vacuuming with the nose might help...

Im always use a 2nd option, moreover i'm concentrating on the pipe breathing via nose. An air flow through nose is free, it's like smoothly flows on a nasal passageways without any tension. I only use my "throat" for pipe breathing. There's no difficulties and tensions during, just after that. Anyway, thank you, Aragorn, your notice helps me did some EE after work :D

Does anyone have issues with falling asleep pretty much every time they do EE? I'm not sure if it's something my body can't take at the moment as I seem to be going through alot of emotional stress (I believe it's some lesson that's abruptly heading my way but high emotions are getting in the way)
I've been doing EE every Monday and Thursday, the other week after finishing EE (chose to do it around 7 and sat up the whole time so I didn't fall asleep) and I threw up violently afterwards!

lilyalic said:
Does anyone have issues with falling asleep pretty much every time they do EE? I'm not sure if it's something my body can't take at the moment as I seem to be going through alot of emotional stress (I believe it's some lesson that's abruptly heading my way but high emotions are getting in the way)
I've been doing EE every Monday and Thursday, the other week after finishing EE (chose to do it around 7 and sat up the whole time so I didn't fall asleep) and I threw up violently afterwards!

Maybe it'll help to stop the Beatha part for a while? I think it's okay if you fall asleep, it's a sign that your body needs the rest. :) You can also think about doing the three stage breathing and warrior's breath in the morning, and some pipe breaths and the meditation part before you go to sleep. Hope this helps a bit!

lilyalic said:

What about scheduling a 20 min nap before you do the program? I have done this during times of stress in order to make sure I stay awake through the program. Once you wake up, your body is already relaxed and your mind calm which is perfect for EE. Works nicely! Your body or mind obviously needs the rest so get it in AND reap all of the benefits of EE afterwards.

As for the vomiting, I once vomited up black energy after a 1 hr foot massage on my injured feet. Maybe it was a cathartic release of energy for you too? After all, the vagus nerve that you stimulate during The pipe breaths is connected to your organs- maybe that had something to do with it? Or maybe you just ate something that didn't sit well in you system.

Oxajil said:
Maybe it'll help to stop the Beatha part for a while? I think it's okay if you fall asleep, it's a sign that your body needs the rest. :) You can also think about doing the three stage breathing and warrior's breath in the morning, and some pipe breaths and the meditation part before you go to sleep. Hope this helps a bit!

Yeah I guess that would definitely help! Will give it a try :)
Thank you!

Rx said:
What about scheduling a 20 min nap before you do the program? I have done this during times of stress in order to make sure I stay awake through the program. Once you wake up, your body is already relaxed and your mind calm which is perfect for EE. Works nicely! Your body or mind obviously needs the rest so get it in AND reap all of the benefits of EE afterwards.

As for the vomiting, I once vomited up black energy after a 1 hr foot massage on my injured feet. Maybe it was a cathartic release of energy for you too? After all, the vagus nerve that you stimulate during The pipe breaths is connected to your organs- maybe that had something to do with it? Or maybe you just ate something that didn't sit well in you system.

I'll try the nap beforehand too. Thank you!
Well once I was in a deep relaxed state I had extreme lower back pain (been suffering from a weak back since I was 13) and was somehow trying to calmly channel that energy somewhere else, then 10 minutes afterwards I threw up bright orange stuff!

lilyalic said:
Does anyone have issues with falling asleep pretty much every time they do EE?
I fell asleep last night. When I'm tired and I do it in bed, I often fall asleep. I used to wonder if that wasn't a good thing, and a forum member reassured me it was fine since my body needed rest. That made a lot of sense to me, so now I don't sweat it if I fall asleep.

hlat said:
lilyalic said:
Does anyone have issues with falling asleep pretty much every time they do EE?
I fell asleep last night. When I'm tired and I do it in bed, I often fall asleep. I used to wonder if that wasn't a good thing, and a forum member reassured me it was fine since my body needed rest. That made a lot of sense to me, so now I don't sweat it if I fall asleep.

I do as well. As a matter of fact I usually listen to the Prayer of the Soul before going to bed and it helps me clear my head and fall asleep very easily. I had thought for a while that it was a bad thing because it might be programming my body to nod out every time I hear the prayer but when I do the full program I snap out of it usually right after Laura says "May the Divine Cosmic Mind Bless You All" so I guess some where subconsciously my body does know the difference.

407 pages!! This is even longer than the KETO thread.

Yesterday was my third listen to EE and first time I listened to it fully. I always doze at the ba-ha part and for the second night in a row went to bed straight after but last night was still lying in bed for 3 or so hours before I fell asleep.

I noticed while doing EE sitting on a chair yesterday that my left foot felt funny, kinda like the tickly/funny sensation I'd get form climaxing. Soz that's a bit embarrassing to say. Is this normal? I bet not.

Jamie

I didn't think it was abnormal to fall asleep after EE, it makes sense really haha! Just like to have the hour or so afterwards to rekindle thoughts, feelings etc. I always feel under-accomplished somewhat when I fall asleep straight afterwards.

Just an interesting observation ...

I currently work and live at 4'250 m and pipe breathing is impossible. I get short of breath after only one cycle. I have been up here for over 4 weeks, but it hasn't improved. Maybe once my red blood cells increase it'll finally work?

:-[

So all I can do at the moment is listen to the EE program and muddle along - I cannot do the Warrior's breath either (for reasons of external considerations), so all I can do at the moment is the bioenergetic breathing.

Ah well, looking forward to denser air, so I can do the whole program again - I'm missing it!

nicklebleu said:
Just an interesting observation ...

I currently work and live at 4'250 m and pipe breathing is impossible. I get short of breath after only one cycle. I have been up here for over 4 weeks, but it hasn't improved. Maybe once my red blood cells increase it'll finally work?

:-[

So all I can do at the moment is listen to the EE program and muddle along - I cannot do the Warrior's breath either (for reasons of external considerations), so all I can do at the moment is the bioenergetic breathing.

Ah well, looking forward to denser air, so I can do the whole program again - I'm missing it!

Hi nicklebleu, I think there are other ways to stimulate the vagus and sympathetic nervous system that may be more suitable in a low pressure environment.

To substitute warrior's breath, pumping the belly in a rapid series of small exhales with your arms up will stimulate the the sympathetic nervous system, as with any rapid breathing. This is a yoga technique, although its name eludes me.

As a pipe breath substitute, something that stimulates the vagus without requiring too much of an exhale would be good. Perhaps a low-volume hum or groan will help the voice box vibrate enough?

I don't have experience doing EE in high altitudes, so this is theory, FWIW. Others may offer different or superior ideas. In any case, hang in there!

Back
Top Bottom