Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

I was poking about on the internet and read this on Wikipedia about glottalic conconants. I thought it produced the same sort of feeling in the throat that is achieved through pipe breathing and thought I would post it as it may be helpful to others who are struggling to get the right constriction:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glottalic_consonant

How to produce an ejective consonant[edit]
In order to produce, for example, an ejective k, do as follows:

Press the back of your tongue to the roof of your mouth so as to pronounce a [k].
Move your glottis upward. If this is not something you normally do, you may need to monitor your adam's apple with your fingers.
You may notice the pressure building. Release the back of your tongue, letting out air for a [ka]. The [k] should be clicky and dull. (Your glottis will move down again during the [a], so don't mind that.)
The same principle applies to the other ejective consonants, but [kʼ] is the easiest.

lainey said:
I thought it produced the same sort of feeling in the throat that is achieved through pipe breathing and thought I would post it as it may be helpful to others who are struggling to get the right constriction:
I just breathe out like I'm trying to fog up some glasses.

hlat said:
lainey said:
I thought it produced the same sort of feeling in the throat that is achieved through pipe breathing and thought I would post it as it may be helpful to others who are struggling to get the right constriction:
I just breathe out like I'm trying to fog up some glasses.
That is a much simpler way of explaining it :) thanks!

Hi, I want to share my recent experience here: I had my second flu in 20 days, and did EE last night. I could do only partly because of the sinuses problems I didn't want to push myself. I had a headache when coughing because of sinuses , but about two hours after doing EE situation with sinuses was much better. I didn't have headache since then and I feel better. It is amazing and I'm so thankful for EE!

Flow said:
Hi, I want to share my recent experience here: I had my second flu in 20 days, and did EE last night. I could do only partly because of the sinuses problems I didn't want to push myself. I had a headache when coughing because of sinuses , but about two hours after doing EE situation with sinuses was much better. I didn't have headache since then and I feel better. It is amazing and I'm so thankful for EE!

Thank you for reporting Flow and that sounds cool. Did you take vitamin c as well?

Hello everyone,

I bought the EE program last Thursday and I have to say I am a little anxious to start working with it :P. I have a question regarding the Prayer of the Soul. After reading the definition of Prayer from the Cassiopaea glossary, I've seen a new perspective to praying that I didn't know. I thought it was only like asking "Lord, make it so that twice two is not four". So, does this prayer has to be done with the same method G. described? Because if that is so, I don't fully grasp all the meaning of it and maybe I will project some beliefs that'll make noise. Or is that how it normally is, and I'll get better understanding with time?

Thanks in advance and peace.

Hello Flow, nice to hear you're better! That's amazing to know, what EE can do! Cheers to you health and to the knowledge apllied!

latulipenoire said:

Hello Flow, nice to hear you're better! That's amazing to know, what EE can do! Cheers to you health and to the knowledge apllied!

Yes, thanks for sharing, Flow; and glad to hear of the improvement. Probably part of it is anti-inflammatory effect from the breathing and stimulation of vagus nerve.

Cantera said:
Hello everyone,

I bought the EE program last Thursday and I have to say I am a little anxious to start working with it :P. I have a question regarding the Prayer of the Soul. After reading the definition of Prayer from the Cassiopaea glossary, I've seen a new perspective to praying that I didn't know. I thought it was only like asking "Lord, make it so that twice two is not four". So, does this prayer has to be done with the same method G. described? Because if that is so, I don't fully grasp all the meaning of it and maybe I will project some beliefs that'll make noise. Or is that how it normally is, and I'll get better understanding with time?

Thanks in advance and peace.

It might help to have a completely open and non-interpreting approach at first. Like with a childlike curiosity about the meaning of the words without your own attempts at interpretation. After a while you might have more and more insights and connections of meanings (many layers).

The thing is that the Prayer of the Soul is a way of asking for help to connect with the "Higher Self", so to speak, and also align with the Divine Cosmic Mind and the Creative aspects of the Universe to interactively improve self and all connected. So it is the farthest thing from the usual "Please God, make it so that 2 + 2 does not equal 4" type of praying. That, as G said (going by memory) makes prayer totally ineffective, "As even if 'God' wanted to break the Laws upon which World Creation and Maintenance are based, 'He' could not do it." Hope this helps.

If you have caffeine and too many smokes (is there ever such thing as too many smokes haha?) before EE does it restrict your breathing, I've just done EE and it was very hard to continue breathing with my diaphragm ... I managed to reach the bio energetic breathing but had to stop before the meditation part as all my house mates came in being extremely loud!

lilyalic said:
If you have caffeine and too many smokes (is there ever such thing as too many smokes haha?) before EE does it restrict your breathing, I've just done EE and it was very hard to continue breathing with my diaphragm ... I managed to reach the bio energetic breathing but had to stop before the meditation part as all my house mates came in being extremely loud!

I don't drink caffeine very often, but I imagine because it's a stimulant it might affect your ability to relax and cause some constriction in your breathing. Next time you do EE, you could skip the caffeine and see how things go. I think part of doing EE and allowing yourself to experience the most benefits is by setting the right atmosphere beforehand. Like being comfortable, doing the warm-up exercises in the video, etc. so I would think if caffeine is a stimulant for you, then it might be counter-intuitive.

Cantera said:
Thanks, it does help a lot :D. I'll do it like that then.

The only thing I would add is to think about it in terms of our 'cups being full' so much of the time. In other words, asking the universe, higher self etc. to assist us in finding the ways to help us to get out of our own way and finding the psychological, emotional, and spiritual 'pathways' that make connections to better and clearer signals.

Turgon said:
I don't drink caffeine very often, but I imagine because it's a stimulant it might affect your ability to relax and cause some constriction in your breathing. Next time you do EE, you could skip the caffeine and see how things go. I think part of doing EE and allowing yourself to experience the most benefits is by setting the right atmosphere beforehand. Like being comfortable, doing the warm-up exercises in the video, etc. so I would think if caffeine is a stimulant for you, then it might be counter-intuitive.

Yes I think it definitely did cause the restriction in breathing, it was just a tiresome day that required caffeine to keep my interest up in an education setting.

Will cut the caffeine on days of EE!

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom