Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Persej said:
My guess at this point is that my bacteria (Chlamydia Pneumoniae) is causing me the heart problems, but the problem is that nobody wants to treat this bacteria because it is almost indestructible. Unless if you go for 6 months of combined antibiotic protocol, which nobody wants to give me.

And I still have the bleeding acne on my head, so the bug is probably still there. And even my dermatologist is afraid of prescribing antibiotics.

I see you first posted about this in July.

Were you already taking iodine in higher doses back then? And was it then that your "acne" started? I ask because the first thought that came to mind was a bromine detox, but I may be totally off if you have had this problem for a long time and it is NOT related to the time you started taking iodine.

Iodine is great, but it looks that something more will be needed for me.

I sure hope you find the solution. Could all this be due to a heavy metal toxicity, I wonder? Others might know better. Maybe try the probiotic enema?

birk said:
Alana said:
lainey said:
I had trouble with the probiotics powder from the capsule either floating on the top of the water and sticking to the sides of the bucket when the level of the water dropped or just sinking to the bottom under the line of the funnel. Do you think I just need to give it a longer stir?

Only now I saw your question, lainey. When I was doing my online research on the subject of probiotic retention enemas, I read somewhere (and for the life of me, I can't find it again!) that it is best to add your probiotics in water and leave them for about 8 hours, before doing the retention thing. I haven't done it myself yet, but maybe that makes a difference?

fwiw

http://pronutrics.net/probiotic-enema-benefits/

Here’s a step by step guide on how you can self-administer a probiotic enema, ensuring that there are no lumps in your enema mixture:

Step 1. Fill a glass or bowl with 1-2 tablespoons of water

Step 2. Depending on your need, pop open two or three probiotic capsules. Add them to the water and mix with a spoon. Crush and squash lumps against the side of the bowl or glass to form a smooth paste.

Step 3. Add two more tablespoons water, stir again until the capsules dissolves. Set aside for at least eight hours.

Step 4. Get a clean enema bag, pour in the probiotic mixture and clamp the enema firmly into place. Shake the enema bag from time to time to keep lumps from sinking on the bottom.

It’s advisable to perform a probiotic enema in the morning. Prepare the mixture the night before (this is where Step 3 comes in) and set aside overnight at room temperature.

Find a clear, disposable enema bag with no rubber smell. A disposable enema bag is thinner than the traditional ones. This feature makes it great for people with an inflamed or sensitive rectum. Don’t get intimidated, though. Any probiotics transferred to your colon are better than none. Give yourself some time to adjust to this procedure.

Good info on leaving the solution for 8 hours and the slow mixing, although I would have thought that more liquid is a better idea. There are a few other details to keep in mind when doing this, perhaps most importantly is the time you need to spend lying down, on which side (the left) and the massage you should do, all to help the solution reach your colon.

At this link, just replace the fecal solution for the probiotic one.

http://thepowerofpoop.com/epatients/fecal-transplant-instructions/

Chu said:

Actually, I have the heart problem from 2013. I spent several years going from one doctor to the next.

Chu said:
Were you already taking iodine in higher doses back then? And was it then that your "acne" started? I ask because the first thought that came to mind was a bromine detox, but I may be totally off if you have had this problem for a long time and it is NOT related to the time you started taking iodine.

No, my acne problem is before the iodine, and also before my heart problem. My dermatologist gave me some liquid antibiotic that I put on my skin and it helps. But after I stop using it (I cannot use it for more than 10 days in a row) they come back.

I sure hope you find the solution. Could all this be due to a heavy metal toxicity, I wonder? Others might know better.

Maybe, I haven't done a heavy metal test. I cannot find it here. But I do have confirmed bacteria in my blood, twice. But it could be a combination of things.

Maybe try the probiotic enema?

I'm still waiting to see what kind of experiences will others have, but yes, that is an option.

J'ai donc passé mon échographie thyroïdienne hier matin d'après le médecin qui m'a fait cet examen je n'ai pas de nodule seulement une glande thyroïde hypertrophiée...
Je vais chercher mes résultats demain matin avant de voir mon médecin traitant, je vous tiendrai au courant...

So I spent my thyroid ultrasound yesterday morning after the physician who made me this review I have not nodule only an enlarged thyroid gland. . .
I'll get my results tomorrow before seeing my doctor, I'll keep you posted. . .

Persej said:
Maybe, I haven't done a heavy metal test. I cannot find it here. But I do have confirmed bacteria in my blood, twice. But it could be a combination of things.

There might be a vicious cycle between the heavy metals and the bacteria, so addressing both would probably be good. Have you tried a mild detox with activated charcoal or clay? They could actually address both: the bacteria and the heavy metals. It is also gentler than other protocols.

Gaby said:
There might be a vicious cycle between the heavy metals and the bacteria, so addressing both would probably be good. Have you tried a mild detox with activated charcoal or clay? They could actually address both: the bacteria and the heavy metals. It is also gentler than other protocols.

No. I tried Zeolite, but it didn't help. I saw that Joe had some bad experiences with charcoal and others with clay, so I was hesitant to try them. But if you think that they are good, I could give it a try. I could try enemas as well, I just want to see if they are worthwhile.

Persej said:
No. I tried Zeolite, but it didn't help. I saw that Joe had some bad experiences with charcoal and others with clay, so I was hesitant to try them. But if you think that they are good, I could give it a try. I could try enemas as well, I just want to see if they are worthwhile.

I tried a probiotic enema this last weekend and afterwards I felt calmer and focused, just as if I would have done some good quality meditation. I think it is worth it!

I haven't re-tried coffee enemas, but I used to do them regularly in the past. I hope to re-start them soon on an occasional basis. I think it helped to clean my liver and colon from toxins. Skin conditions and the colon are often linked, so it is worth a shot.

If that doesn't help, I would see about doing a milder dose of activated charcoal as a trial test. It would help to clean your gut from heavy metals. Re-mineralizing is important as a way to detox heavy metals. Zinc is also very important for health skin and fighting stealth infections. Selenium is also important for keeping a balance on the immune system. I think it is easy to forget the importance of re-mineralizing when doing these protocols.

From the enema research, I seem to remember one which was only for colon cleansing. It called for some salt in order to not disrupt the colon's electrolyte balance.

Gaby said:
I tried a probiotic enema this last weekend and afterwards I felt calmer and focused, just as if I would have done some good quality meditation. I think it is worth it!

I haven't re-tried coffee enemas, but I used to do them regularly in the past. I hope to re-start them soon on an occasional basis. I think it helped to clean my liver and colon from toxins. Skin conditions and the colon are often linked, so it is worth a shot.

All right, that sounds like it's worth to try.

If that doesn't help, I would see about doing a milder dose of activated charcoal as a trial test. It would help to clean your gut from heavy metals. Re-mineralizing is important as a way to detox heavy metals. Zinc is also very important for health skin and fighting stealth infections. Selenium is also important for keeping a balance on the immune system. I think it is easy to forget the importance of re-mineralizing when doing these protocols.

Ok. So when I order the probiotics I should also order some good multis. Local multis are not so good.

From the enema research, I seem to remember one which was only for colon cleansing. It called for some salt in order to not disrupt the colon's electrolyte balance.

So we should add some salt to enema? I saw that some people also recommend baking soda.

Persej said:
So we should add some salt to enema? I saw that some people also recommend baking soda.

It was a specific enema which mimicked physiological solution, not necessarily the probiotic or coffee enema though. I think there might be some value into the concept though and I hope to catch up with the research this weekend.

Gaby said:
It was a specific enema which mimicked physiological solution, not necessarily the probiotic or coffee enema though. I think there might be some value into the concept though and I hope to catch up with the research this weekend.

Ok Gaby. Thank you for your suggestions. Looks like another interesting research is on the way. ;)

Gaby said:

Thanks for sharing this Gaby, I was reading more about enemas and I will certainly try the probiotic one. I was wondering something.. it may be a dumb question, but it was in my mind.. drinking coffee daily plus coffee enemas won't do anything "bad" right? Just wondering if the effect would be different or something.. :huh:

Marina9 said:
Just wondering if the effect would be different or something.. :huh:

When I tried coffee enemas, I never drank coffee. Now I take a cup of coffee now and then, ideally if I'm sure it has no aflatoxins. With time, I developed arthritis symptoms after coffee due to the aflatoxins. It didn't happened with organic aflatoxin-free coffees though. The aflatoxins create cross reaction with gluten-like proteins if I remember correctly.

The coffee enema has only enteroheaptic circulation, it is a different circulatory system than the systemic one. It works mostly on the gut and liver. People who have heart palpitations from drinking coffee don't get the palpitations from doing coffee enemas. It is very interesting!

Je reviens de chez mon médecin concernant le bilan d'hyperthyroïdie:
Conclusion : Echographie compatible avec une thyroïdie. Score Tirads 2
Je vais arrêter mes 5 gouttes de Lugol 12% pendant 3 mois puis referai une analyse de sang pour voir car j'ai refuser de prendre un traitement médical...

I return to my doctor on the evaluation of hyperthyroidism:
Conclusion: Ultrasound is compatible with thyroiditis. Score 2 Tirads
I will stop my 5 drops of Lugol 12% for 3 months and then do it again a blood test to see because I refuse to take medical treatment. . .

PERLOU said:
Je reviens de chez mon médecin concernant le bilan d'hyperthyroïdie:
Conclusion : Echographie compatible avec une thyroïdie. Score Tirads 2
Je vais arrêter mes 5 gouttes de Lugol 12% pendant 3 mois puis referai une analyse de sang pour voir car j'ai refuser de prendre un traitement médical...

I return to my doctor on the evaluation of hyperthyroidism:
Conclusion: Ultrasound is compatible with thyroiditis. Score 2 Tirads
I will stop my 5 drops of Lugol 12% for 3 months and then do it again a blood test to see because I refuse to take medical treatment. . .

Are you sure it's "hyper", and not "hypothyroidism"? Your TSH level is high, your T3 and T4 are relatively low, which would define hypothyroidism.
And from what I understand, a thyroiditis is defined by a high level of anti-thyroid antibodies, which, judging by your results, is not your case.

Adaryn said:
Are you sure it's "hyper", and not "hypothyroidism"? Your TSH level is high, your T3 and T4 are relatively low, which would define hypothyroidism.
And from what I understand, a thyroiditis is defined by a high level of anti-thyroid antibodies, which, judging by your results, is not your case.

Yes, my guess is that the doctor is confused with the echography and TSH. Despite the normality of the thyroid hormones, he is labeling it as a thyroiditis because nothing else is compatible with his clinical experience.

My guess is that the finding of the tests are compatible with thyroid stimulation related with lugol intake.

However I would keep the doctor's advise and re-check thyroid antibodies down the road along with TSH, just in case they suddenly elevate.

Back
Top Bottom