Iodine and Potassium Iodide

i knew iodine is corrosive but didn't expect to see rubber part of pipette being completely eaten away after 5 months, this is sightly unsettling, did someone else notice the same thing. I was thinking maybe something is wrong with my lugol.

I want to try this, as there's a high probability that I am deficient.

But there's 190 pages with replies, so is it okay that I ask a question and skip reading most of them? I'm going to buy Brownsteins book, 5th edition. Is there's anything else I should buy, or do the book cover what's needed to know?

(I'm going to start carefully and read the book first.)

Stellaria graminea said:
I want to try this, as there's a high probability that I am deficient.

But there's 190 pages with replies, so is it okay that I ask a question and skip reading most of them? I'm going to buy Brownsteins book, 5th edition. Is there's anything else I should buy, or do the book cover what's needed to know?

(I'm going to start carefully and read the book first.)

It is best that you read the book AND the entire thread as well, and THEN start your experiment with iodine. For your own safety and protection. Each person reacts differently when they start using iodine, and this thread is full of case studies. For some it was a great experience, others had a negative experience, most people had both at different periods. We all learned more as we went along, and our stories will help you avoid our mistakes. You need to understand fully how to start using iodine, what other supplements you need along with it, and why, how to solve bromine detox, heavy metal detox, or thyroid issues if they come up. There's also an emotional/psychic cleansing involved. Iodine is a powerful element, it needs to be handled with knowledge and respect.

Z said:
i knew iodine is corrosive but didn't expect to see rubber part of pipette being completely eaten away after 5 months, this is sightly unsettling, did someone else notice the same thing. I was thinking maybe something is wrong with my lugol.

I have experienced this too, maybe more that the rubber dries out and cracks. I now try to empty the pipette or keep the iodine level low in it and this seems to make the rubber last a bit longer me thinks..

Alana said:
It is best that you read the book AND the entire thread as well, and THEN start your experiment with iodine. For your own safety and protection. Each person reacts differently when they start using iodine, and this thread is full of case studies. For some it was a great experience, others had a negative experience, most people had both at different periods. We all learned more as we went along, and our stories will help you avoid our mistakes. You need to understand fully how to start using iodine, what other supplements you need along with it, and why, how to solve bromine detox, heavy metal detox, or thyroid issues if they come up. There's also an emotional/psychic cleansing involved. Iodine is a powerful element, it needs to be handled with knowledge and respect.

Thanks! If I order the book now, there will be time enough for reading the thread before the book arrives, and then I can start.

Heavy metal detox is probably highly relevant as well. Is it a good precaution to have DMSA (and the needed cofactors, alpha lipoic acid and so on) available? Is it possible - or wise - to do both at the same time? It will probably be a bit problematic to get all the useful stuff, so it will possibly be best if I start to order it now and have it here when needed. I have read the thread about DMSA detox.

birk said:
Z said:

I have experienced this too, maybe more that the rubber dries out and cracks. I now try to empty the pipette or keep the iodine level low in it and this seems to make the rubber last a bit longer me thinks..

My pipette looks pretty normal. I use a 2% Lugol's solution, so perhaps it depends on the concentration of iodine. And like Birk says, I also keep the iodine level low in it, so that it didn't come in contact with the rubber part. fwiw

Siberia said:
birk said:
Z said:

My pipette looks pretty normal. I use a 2% Lugol's solution, so perhaps it depends on the concentration of iodine. And like Birk says, I also keep the iodine level low in it, so that it didn't come in contact with the rubber part. fwiw

I ordered 5% lugols and that Rubber part of the pipette is as it was few months ago. I also made weaker iodine of 2.5% by mixing it with water. Since i didn't have any empty bottle with the pipette to put this Lugols in , I put it in an empty bottle from nasal drops. The bottle is from dark glass but the cover is plastic and it has a soft part so it can be used as a plastic pipette. That plastic part it totally ruined by iodine vapors . Even iodine vapors can be very corrosive.
If you keep iodine out of the glass pipette, the rubber part of it should not be in contact with the iodine vapors all the time .

Persej said:
Miss.K said:
As far as I have understood from my friend who has studied such a lot, it is possible to do the same with herbs and essential oils as with antibiotics for the long term bug/parasite cure. I can ask her about it if you want

Sure, why not. I tried many things but didn't work. But I'm open for suggestions. Thank you, Miss.K. ;)

It will take her a little while to find links, and write some comments, as it is not as easy as a receipt, as it depends what specific problem one has, but she is on it.
But the way she found out was reading the AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES CAUSED BY AN INFECTION? thread https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,38053.0.html and everything Dr. Klinghardt has written, combined with some previous knowledge of herbs, and that took 3 months of fulltime reading, and the ingredients are very expensive too, so it took even longer to save up for the cure.
But if you haven't read that thread yet, it might be a good place to start.

Persej said:
My guess at this point is that my bacteria (Chlamydia Pneumoniae) is causing me the heart problems, but the problem is that nobody wants to treat this bacteria because it is almost indestructible. Unless if you go for 6 months of combined antibiotic protocol, which nobody wants to give me.

And I still have the bleeding acne on my head, so the bug is probably still there. And even my dermatologist is afraid of prescribing antibiotics.

Yesterday I read a free downloadable book about Lyme that can be found here _http://drjaydavidson.com/
and it listed Chlamydia Pneumoniae as one of the Pathogens that can accompany Lyme (and as Klinghardt says, one can have Lyme even when testing negative as it hides)

I don't know much yet, and everything I just said is on my very long reading list, as I'm more and more suspecting something like that to be the cause of my health problems (symptoms could both be that and could also be something else, so hard to know without learning more, and then testing according to knowledge)

Also it is possible to buy antibiotics online, and is discussed in the AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES CAUSED BY AN INFECTION? thread according to my friend (I'm not that far in the thread yet) but is also expensive, and more damaging to the system than the herb cure I think..

Stellaria graminea said:
Heavy metal detox is probably highly relevant as well. Is it a good precaution to have DMSA (and the needed cofactors, alpha lipoic acid and so on) available? Is it possible - or wise - to do both at the same time? It will probably be a bit problematic to get all the useful stuff, so it will possibly be best if I start to order it now and have it here when needed. I have read the thread about DMSA detox.

Having some DMSA on hand is a good idea if you plan on chelating heavy metals. It's not advised to take both at the same time. Either do several courses of the DMSA first, then when you have remineralized your can start with iodine. Or, follow that process the other way around: Iodine for a few - 6 months, then stop iodine and do DMSA.

Siberia said:
Mine is 1% that's why i thought it was odd.

Siberia said:
birk said:
Z said:

Maybe some dropper bottles use more resistant material for the droppers, but I had some home-made lugols 10% in cheap dropper bottles from China. in a week the rubber material dissolved and leaked. The scary part was thinking some of the unknown rubbery material may have been ingested along with the lugols before I noticed the problem. I use weaker lugols now and try to keep the bottles upright. Will also keep the pipette empty now.

Maybe I should buy a small bottle of commercial lugols just to get the bottle if the dropper will last longer with lugols.

NewMexicoArt said:
Siberia said:
birk said:
Z said:

Maybe some dropper bottles use more resistant material for the droppers, but I had some home-made lugols 10% in cheap dropper bottles from China. in a week the rubber material dissolved and leaked. The scary part was thinking some of the unknown rubbery material may have been ingested along with the lugols before I noticed the problem. I use weaker lugols now and try to keep the bottles upright. Will also keep the pipette empty now.

Maybe I should buy a small bottle of commercial lugols just to get the bottle if the dropper will last longer with lugols.

I bought some of these and they have held up great so far, no problems.

__http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amber-or-Cobalt-Blue-Glass-Boston-Round-1oz-Bottles-with-Black-Glass-Dropper-/221849939379

We have what look like the same bottles and after several months the rubber seems to be getting hard, but far from problematic.

birk said:
Z said:

I observed this to one of my bottle. but that bottle is year old.

Quote from: Joe on February 03, 2016, 10:25:13 AM

Quote from: Aeneas on February 02, 2016, 10:43:12 PM

Quote from: Joe on February 02, 2016, 06:15:26 PM

Just had an idea. How many here are likely to use these guys for the test soon? Maybe I can email my contact person there and ask for a reduction for referrals.

I'd be interested in taking the test in a few weeks time. Will start on DMSA in two weeks time. Sounds like a good idea to ask for a reduction.

Just to make it clear, you don't have to start a DMSA protocol to take the test. In fact, taking the test first is a good way to know if you even need to do DMSA and for how long. The only suggestion is that you take one decent dose of DMSA (30mgs per KG of body weight) then wait a few hours and collect your urine sample.
Hi Joe I have done a search for Iodine loading test on the entire forum and this topic but can only find your comment above. Did you find a relevant test lab in the UK. I have studied both the books and and now going through this thread seriously. I wish to do a test while I am still in the UK then can register under Dr Georgiou at the Da Vinci Clinic in Cyprus when I return later this month. I have both Lugols and Iadoral ? tablets but will fully read this thread and study more before going full bore ahead under guidance. Just needed the test for obvious reasons. Thanks for any input. :-)

Edit: Totally random quote came up on first posting - Mercury retrograde lol?

Back
Top Bottom