Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Persej said:
PERLOU said:
When I would have the results(profits) of my blood test further to these 3 months of abstinence, I shall see to resume(to take back) my Lugol 12 % 5 drops(gouts)

I'm not sure that you would need that much iodine. In the beginning I felt like I needed a lot of iodine, but now that my body is saturated with iodine after a couple of months, I feel like I don't need that much anymore.

Me too. I take two Iodoral pills every other day. Still smear some Lugol's and DMSO on regularly.

I also dropped iodine [5%] from 5 drops x 2 daily,on 7 drops- 4 and second dose 3 drops,maybe drop more on 3 drops x 2.

Joe said:
Having some DMSA on hand is a good idea if you plan on chelating heavy metals. It's not advised to take both at the same time. Either do several courses of the DMSA first, then when you have remineralized your can start with iodine. Or, follow that process the other way around: Iodine for a few - 6 months, then stop iodine and do DMSA.

Thanks a lot. I'm trying zeolite right now (as I had some left from earlier detox when I removed my silver amalgams), while I'm reading about iodine and waiting for the cofactors to arrive. Maybe it's useful, as I have been unusually tired throughout the summer, but more energized now. After reading, I will start carefully.

Lilou said:
ermete55 said:
Has anyone tried topical iodine with dmso on a large zone? thank you

Yes, I have used undiluted DMSO and Lugol's Iodine mixed in a 50/50 ratio over my breasts and under my arms along the lymph nodes. You may want to do a small area first, to see how you react before doing a larger area. If you experience severe detox reaction, vitamin C is an antidote for iodine. Also, drinking a 1/4 tsp of salt in water a couple of times a day helps with detox.

added: Just to be clear, I would use Lugol's Iodine 2 or 5 %, not the topical povidone iodine, which has questionable purity/ingredients.
hI lilou, is dangerous to use dmso-lugol on a large area (excess of iodine)? for the lugol stain what have you done? Thank you

Laura said:
Lilou said:
ermete55 said:

Yes, I have used undiluted DMSO and Lugol's Iodine mixed in a 50/50 ratio over my breasts and under my arms along the lymph nodes. You may want to do a small area first, to see how you react before doing a larger area. If you experience severe detox reaction, vitamin C is an antidote for iodine. Also, drinking a 1/4 tsp of salt in water a couple of times a day helps with detox.

added: Just to be clear, I would use Lugol's Iodine 2 or 5 %, not the topical povidone iodine, which has questionable purity/ingredients.

Me too. I use Lugol's and 75 percent DMSO gel. Smear it on my chest, under arms, throat.
Hi, The purpose is integrate iodine?

ermete55 said:
Laura said:
Lilou said:
ermete55 said:

Me too. I use Lugol's and 75 percent DMSO gel. Smear it on my chest, under arms, throat.

Yes. DMSO increases absorption of substances through the skin, so you want to be careful what you use with it. The iodine concentration mentioned by lilou is low ( Lugol's Iodine 2 or 5%), so the iodine is being absorbed at a gentle rate. This allows the body to build up its stores gradually without kicking off severe detox reactions.

Regarding iodine stains, if you are talking about the skin, don't worry, they go away fast. I rub the iodine/DMSO mixture on me at night after shower and before sleep. By the morning the stain is all gone, and so is the smell for the most part.

For iodine stains on anything else, I use vitamin C powder. The first time I mixed DMSO and iodine, I did it over my sink and some of it fell on the counter which is wooden. It was a big stain, but then I remembered reading on the forum about vit C. I wasn't very hopeful, because it looked like the varnished wood had already absorbed the iodine. But I took a pinch of vit C powder and put it in top of it, to cover the entire stain area. Then I added a tiny drop of water on it to moisturize the powder. A couple of hours later I checked, and the powder from white had now turned yelllowish. I wiped it off and the stain from the wood was all gone. It works the same on clothing too.

herondancer said:
ermete55 said:
Laura said:
Lilou said:
ermete55 said:

Yes. DMSO increases absorption of substances through the skin, so you want to be careful what you use with it. The iodine concentration mentioned by lilou is low ( Lugol's Iodine 2 or 5%), so the iodine is being absorbed at a gentle rate. This allows the body to build up its stores gradually without kicking off severe detox reactions.

Thank you. A high percentage i risk something such as thyroid damage ?

Alana said:
Regarding iodine stains, if you are talking about the skin, don't worry, they go away fast. I rub the iodine/DMSO mixture on me at night after shower and before sleep. By the morning the stain is all gone, and so is the smell for the most part.

For iodine stains on anything else, I use vitamin C powder. The first time I mixed DMSO and iodine, I did it over my sink and some of it fell on the counter which is wooden. It was a big stain, but then I remembered reading on the forum about vit C. I wasn't very hopeful, because it looked like the varnished wood had already absorbed the iodine. But I took a pinch of vit C powder and put it in top of it, to cover the entire stain area. Then I added a tiny drop of water on it to moisturize the powder. A couple of hours later I checked, and the powder from white had now turned yelllowish. I wiped it off and the stain from the wood was all gone. It works the same on clothing too.
SO even at hight percentage the stain is not permanent?

Alana said:

Vitamin C converts the elemental iodine to an iodide ion solution which is colorless , bonds to itself, and is water soluble - like salt, sugar, etc.

That's why the rule of not taking vitamin C before or after 2 hours of lugol's ingestion. Otherwise you are just getting iodide, like if you took SSKI only.

FYI, Salt is ok to mix with the lugol's. I let lugols sit in a cup that had 1 tsp of sea salt and it stayed brownish. I even mixed it to make sure.

ermete55 said:
Thank you. A high percentage i risk something such as thyroid damage ?

Read this entire thread to learn the benefits of increased iodine. Also, learn what to do and what not to do.

The vinegar makes the same thing, one day I had taken, by inattention, the glass which I used to measure the cider vinegar for the broth of bone and the iodine became immediately white.

Divide By Zero said:
FYI, Salt is ok to mix with the lugol's. I let lugols sit in a cup that had 1 tsp of sea salt and it stayed brownish. I even mixed it to make sure.

I think the idea of taking salt some time before taking the iodine is that the chloride from the salt can detach fluoride and bromide that are attached to receptors in the body, and then the iodine can come in and attach to more receptors after the fluoride and bromide have been detached.

ermete55 said:
Alana said:

SO even at hight percentage the stain is not permanent?
No, I use a 10% solution and often drip one or two drops on the laminate bench top. I do what Alana does with vit C to remove iodine stains.

hlat said:
Divide By Zero said:

I think the idea of taking salt some time before taking the iodine is that the chloride from the salt can detach fluoride and bromide that are attached to receptors in the body, and then the iodine can come in and attach to more receptors after the fluoride and bromide have been detached.

Thanks for the clarity. I have also heard of taking the salt afterward, which is what I have been doing. It's sad that modern science has not looked into this miracle cure. Argh, it's not even a cure, it's supplementation that we've been purposely denied in our food and environment!

Back
Top Bottom