The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Wikipedia said:
The Revolution Will Not Be Televised (also Chavez: Inside the Coup) is a 2002 documentary about the April 2002 Venezuelan coup attempt which briefly deposed Venezuelan President Hugo Ch

Redrock said:
Why can't Chavez be sent a copy of Political Ponerology?
It's being translated into Spanish as we speak. Perhaps, if we can get the address, we'll try to send a copy.

Wow. That was really powerful stuff. I very rarely cry, but I cried twice while watching this movie.

Once out of sadness as Chavez was arrested by the pathocrats. With the media lies surrounding the event, and the coldblooded murdering of people to get their way, it was just horrible.

Then out of happiness as the palace guard retook the palace and reinstated Chavez, and showed that good men will not let themselves be run over by liars and murderers.

Yes, we need to get Chavez information about what he's up against. We need to get this vaccine to ALL those who are affected by this plague.

Maybe grease the wheels by contacting the Venezuelan ambassador to France? Roy Chaderton, whom, conveniently, was previously Venezuela's foreign minister. There must be a site for the Venezuelan Embassy in Paris.

Here's the page for the Venezuelan ambassador to the US:
http://www.embavenez-us.org/index.php?pagina=pag_ambassadors_bernardoa.php&titulo=The%20Ambassador

I couldn't make heads or tails of the Spanish on the Venezuelan Presidential web site, but no address was evident there or on the main Venezuela gov't site.

I noted that there was a page for addresses of world leaders that was popularly linked, now gone.

Laura said:
Redrock said:
Why can't Chavez be sent a copy of Political Ponerology?
It's being translated into Spanish as we speak. Perhaps, if we can get the address, we'll try to send a copy.
Hi there, there are a couple of venezuelans in the casschat forum in spanish, i

Thanks, TemeT. I think it might also help if some of the Spanish speaking readers would write to him and tell him about the book so that when it is finished, he will not brush it off...

Laura said:
I think it might also help if some of the Spanish speaking readers would write to him and tell him about the book so that when it is finished, he will not brush it off...
Oh that

You might be interested to know that Citgo is the Venezuelan state-owened oil company. So when you buy from Citgo, the money goes to Venezuela...

Hello!

I am translating the article on Political Ponerology, not the book. And as far as I know, the book is not being translated yet. And it would take about 8-10 months to do it, given the difficulty of the language.
Hopefully Ch൥z reads in English:-)
Maybe we could write one common letter, that could be signed by the members of the English groups as well...?

I'd like to thank Laura, SOTT and everyone I don't know about for mentioning this documentary.

The striking thing about this documentary is that a foreign national team was allowed to film it all, and no apparent censoring.

Chavez and his group have nothing to hide, they're transparent: everyone can see what they are doing, and judge them on their actions.

No need to hide in shadows and dark corners when you are not lying or deceiving.

As I was watching it, I knew of course how it all ended, but I was waiting (hoping!) to see if Chavez would say the most important thing and he did: The constitution is paramount, regardless of who is in power. The mark of a man and government for the people.

Excellent documentary.

Godspeed, Mr. Chavez.

Here's the way I see it, at least at the moment.

Venezuelan politics and society is infused with the influence of the people who held power up until Chavez's election victory. These people are not happy that they have been removed from their priveliged positions, and they continue to make every possible effort to regain power. In this effort, they are supported and financed by the considerable resources of the American government.

If Chavez lets his guard down for a second, he will be gone and "big oil" will be back. People claim that Chavez is too authoritarian, that he is too severe on any people who criticise him, that he is turning into a demagogue. People claim that he is moving away from democratic ideals and is becoming a dictator. What people do not realise is the extent and power of the threat to Venezuela and its people. They do not realise that there are ravening wolves scratching at the door of Miraflores. If they did realise this, they would also know that Chavez must take measures to ensure that these wolves do not enter.

It is an interesting conundrum: if you are a decent human being, and are aware of the existence of psychopaths who covet your position and who are not restrained by the dictates of coscience in the levels to which they will stoop to take your position from you, how best to prevent them from doing so? If you simply adhere to the normal mode of open democracies, you are dead in the water. So what to do?

I actually find it funny that some people, while admitting that Chavez is helping millions of poor in Venezuela, criticise him for being too authoritarian. In the final analysis, if he keeps helping the poor and distributing the wealth of the nation to all, who the hell cares if he thinks he is the reincarnation of Bolivar, or Quetzalcoatl for that matter? Is that not better than an apparent democracy (like before Chavez) where there is a veneer of equality and no one acts like a dictator, but 90% of the wealth is in the hands of 20% of the population? The bottom line is, you judge people on their actions not what they think about themselves.

Joe

Ok, I've seen the documentary now. It's really cool and emotive.

The part where the two manifestations clash and 'someone' starts shooting reminded me of what happened in Mexico in 1968. Shortly before the Olympic Games, there was a student demonstration in the Plaza of Tlatelolco (the last one of many; the students had several reasons to protest and the government didn't like that: it was an embarrasement to have demonstrations because the World would soon be watching the games). The Army surrounded the area and started shooting like crazy. Several students and civilians were killed.

I knew a man who was a member of the Mexican Chamber of Deputies and had a bit of insider knowledge. He said that the shooting started because 'someone' started shooting from the roofs of the surrounding buildings. The soldiers freaked out and started shooting, first at the snipers, then at the students. So, according to this man there was a third partly involved in provocation.

So I wonder if in the case of Venezuela something like that happened? And who that 3rd party might have been?

I think I'm going to research the things that I heard about Chavez being authoritarian because certainly from the documentary there is no indication of that. Maybe the man is over-charismatic, but that's the worst you can say about him just by looking at the video. I want to know if there's more vs him or if its just disinformation and propaganda.

Back
Top Bottom