Do-it-yourself liposomal nutrients

Re: Re: Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)

Interesting bit of information ...

And even more disturbing is unlike most mammals, humans have lost their ability to produce their own vitamin C. According to Dr. Ronald Hunninghake (a world renowned vitamin C expert), every creature, when needed, can greatly increase production of vitamin C from their liver or kidney except for humans, primates, and guinea pigs.

Dr. Hunninghake points out how we still have the gene that makes the L-gulonolactone oxidase enzyme that converts glucose to vitamin C… but the gene is non-functional.

Source: _http://products.mercola.com/vitamin-c/?e_cid=20130131_DNL_art_1&utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20130131&source=nl

nicklebleu said:
Interesting bit of information ...

And even more disturbing is unlike most mammals, humans have lost their ability to produce their own vitamin C. According to Dr. Ronald Hunninghake (a world renowned vitamin C expert), every creature, when needed, can greatly increase production of vitamin C from their liver or kidney except for humans, primates, and guinea pigs.

Dr. Hunninghake points out how we still have the gene that makes the L-gulonolactone oxidase enzyme that converts glucose to vitamin C… but the gene is non-functional.

Source: _http://products.mercola.com/vitamin-c/?e_cid=20130131_DNL_art_1&utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20130131&source=nl

I was just going to post the link to his article but you beat me to it. Mercola must have his spies reading this forum, he always comes up with articles about topics we are researching. And guess what? He's selling his own brand, but it's in capsule form.

But he's still pushing raw veggies though. :lol:

Got up to 4,000mg, and reached bowel tolerance. It also hurt enough to stop for now.

I'm looking into different things for liver support/sluggish liver issues.

Not wanting to derail the purpose of this thread, I happened to read an older message on DIY-LET yahoo group about doing lyposomal encapsulated curcumin and other nutrients.

I was looking for something similar for liver support and here is a product called Milk Thistle Phytosome:
_http://www.naturalfactors.com/caen/products/detail/2685/milk-thistle

I think it would be a good idea to have a new forum thread where lyposomal encapsulated nutrients/vitamins/supplements can be discussed and the modality/preparation to be shared.

Ytain

Yes, I think it would be useful to have a DIY liposomal nutrients thread. Probably many substances that would work with the delivery system. Make it so!

Just placed an order for a ultrasonic cleaner, model 'Qteck P600'. The volume of the basin (steinless steel) is 0,6L, so it should get me started. Price was 42,50euros + shipping, about 12euros.

For any Finnish readers, the reseller is Finnish and here's the link:

_http://www.villenkello.fi/shop/kauppa9/products.php?&action=show&id=3257&show=all

An image of the product
283.jpg

Dont know how fast this stuff is supposed to work, but made a batch of Lip-vitamin C this evening and Storm who has had a chesty flem like cough the last two nights , usually having coughing fits shortly after falling asleep has not coughed once tonight. I gave him one teaspoon before he went to bed.

Question: in the recipes I've found online the ratio for lecithin to vit C is 3:1 (2 cups water, 1 tbsp vit c, 3 tbsp lecithin). Would increasing the vitamin C concentration affect how well the liposomes form?

Approaching Infinity said:
Question: in the recipes I've found online the ratio for lecithin to vit C is 3:1 (2 cups water, 1 tbsp vit c, 3 tbsp lecithin). Would increasing the vitamin C concentration affect how well the liposomes form?

Actually, the recipe I found was:

1 cup water with 3 TBSP vitamin C
added to
1 cup water with 3 TBSP lecithin.

Those were the ratios I started with though I was doing triple batches, i.e. 3 cups water, 9 TBSP Vitamin C added to 3 cups water with 9 TBSP of lecithin.

But then, I experimented with the sodium ascorbate version which allows for higher concentrations in the solution since you can dissolve more ascorbate in a given amount of water than pure ascorbic acid. That means I double the amount of ascorbic acid to 18 TBSPs and add 10 or 11 tsps of sodium bicarbonate to the Vitamin C mixture (incrementally) and stir and dissolve that until bubbling has stopped before I add it to the SAME proportion of lecithin, i.e. 3 cups water, 9 TBSP of lecithin.

You can't increase the vitamin C much over 3 TBSPs per cup of water and get it into solution without the bicarb. BUT the same amount of lecithin handles this doubled amount in ascorbate form quite well. The solution is rich and milky and never settles.

So, with ascorbic acid:

1 cup water, 3 TBSP acid form of vitamin C to 1 cup water and 3 TBSP of lecithin.

But with sodium ascorbate:

1 cup water, 6 TBSP vitamin C, 3 or 4 tsps of sodium bicarbonate added to 1 cup water with 3 TBSP dissolved lecithin.

As I said, I triple it every time and end up with 6 cups of product which takes about 25 minutes in the ultrasound chamber. I have found that I have to make this amount every other day to keep the supply available for everyone.

As I wrote earlier in this thread, I weighed a legal TBSP of vitamin C (level) and it was 10.67 grams. So that would be 32 actual grams of vitamin C per cup of water which is around 130 EFFECTIVE grams of vitamin C taken up by the liver.

BUT that amount is doubled in the sodium ascorbate variation to 64 actual grams of vitamin C per cup and well over 250 EFFECTIVE grams taken up by the liver. (Obviously, you only need a shot of this about two or three times a day!)

Anyone using soy lecithin?

I seem to be unable to source sunflower lecithin granules here in Australia - or elsewhere for that matter.
If anyone has an address anywhere that ships internationally that would be great!

Thanks

nicklebleu said:

I seem to be unable to source sunflower lecithin granules here in Australia - or elsewhere for that matter.
If anyone has an address anywhere that ships internationally that would be great!

Thanks

Yes, we are using bio soy lecithin, no GMOs.

nicklebleu said:

Thanks

You'll be able to find it on ebay. This one here, for example: _http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-1-lb-100-Soy-Lecithin-powder-E322-natural-emulgator-NON-GMO-/181079572830?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a292f015e

ships worldwide. Another:

_http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lifeplan-pure-Lecithin-Granules-250g-Non-GMO-vegan-friendly-Soya-derived-/150978107018?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Vitamins_Supplements&hash=item2326ff168a

There are several non GMO soy lecithin brands being shipped on ebay on a worldwide scale, you would just need to check which one offers the best deal.

iherb.com ships internationally and they have about everything you can possibly think of (or almost). They have liquid sunflower lecithin as well. Products and shipping costs are very cheap and never had taxes asked or a packaged opened at nazi custom borders. For European orders, packages come from Germany.

I ordered non-GMO soy lecithin and vitamin C from there and it arrived in no time. On the other hand, I ordered an ultrasonic cleaner locally and I'm still waiting for it...

I found this site for ordering powdered sunflower lecithin _http://www.mysunflowerlecithin.com/deoiled-sunflower-lecithin-in-powder-form/

The order form online came up blank on my computer so I had to order by phone. The person I talked to said they do ship to some locations internationally but you'd have to send them an email to start the ordering process. Off the top of her head, she said that they've shipped to Canada and Australia but there could be other places as well.

I got my ultrasonic cleaner. I prepared liposomal vitamin c with 63g (6 tablespoons) of ascorbic acid in a cup of water tridistilled. I did the procedure described with sodium bicarburetted and everything (http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,30416.msg396365.html#msg396365) using 3 tablespoons of soy lecithin in a cup of water.

The result looks like this:

Gandalf said:

I'm experimenting with different doses. So far I have come to take 4500mg day (real, equivalent 18 effectives grams) ascorbic acid, and have not noticed anything different.

I was having some doubts: is it possible to administer liposomal vitamin c to young children (5-10 years)? If it so, what would be the appropriate dose?

Well, I'll reporting the results of my experiments.

Back
Top Bottom